• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: 1) Celtics vs 4) Cavs

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually taking a lot less shots from 16 feet to 3 point which is a good thing as not sure it's where we want him shooting right now.

But kind of matter is overall shooting has improved quite a bit each season AND his 3 point shooting is much better this season than the others.

you can hope he is a finished product or search for things to complain about but I'll wait and see how things go for him. Is he has good as I hoped this year? Nope....but hardly a player who we should be looking for things to ridicule.

Never mind that elite defense he plays which is not very common for players his age.
You think I am complain. I want the kid to succeed but he needs to step up. He is too timid.

But he is a perfect player in your perfect world. You cannot handle the facts, everything is awful when there is a little criticism. Everything I am saying is true and you know it. I never said he was a finished product. I never said he can't improve. You are just overreacting, I am telling the facts.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had 3 games without Allen. No doubt had 1 terrible game on O where pretty much everyone not named Mitchell struggled on O. Other 2 games was 14 and 14 on 65% shooting. Elite D in all 3 games.

If we can get another 17-13 game tonight I'd take it though would prefer he do more earlier in the game.
Did you watch the game? Most of that came during a blowout so thank you for the stat line but it does nothing here

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now let’s compare bam 3rd year as a starter to Mobley 3rd year as a starter

Also Bam made the all star in year 3. How about Mobley?

Only a blind homer would try to make a case that Mobley is better than Bam. Fact is Mobley been a letdown for where he was drafted
Only someone who struggles with comprehension thinks I claimed Mobley is or will be what Bam is today. I don't have a Delorean so who knows?

I made the case Mobley's year 3 season season was comparable to Bam's year 3 season....likely because it was. But you are the blind homer making excuses for why Mobley was on par or even better. Ironic, huh?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is with big money on the table this fall, you would like to see a quicker progression and especially for the hype he came into the league with. They will pay him the money but if he continues on this pace, that will look like a bad decision a few years from now
True...and if he gets better in the next 5-6 years until he hits his prime season it will work out fine.

as to the hype? I mean, there was some but we are not talking anything of much substance.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is there criticism?

Well when you get an offensive rebound and you have a guard on you. Put it back up 2 feet from the hoop. Don't pass it out.
When you have a guard in the post. Don't pump fake. He did it many times last game.

I point these out bc these should be things that come natural to a scorer and he doesn't do these in year three. It definitely is worrisome.

I think it is perfectly fair.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Mobley hasn't been his best I think the major issue is Garland. He can't average 15 ppg and 5 apg in the playoffs. Plain and simple. He is just not aggressive. Missing a lot of easy shots. He needs to step up in game 2. I don't like the fact Mitchell has to carry this team when he drained in the 2nd half bc nobody else wants be aggressive. Levert is another guy that can creat for himself or others. Way too inconsistent.

Move the ball.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think I am complain. I want the kid to succeed but he needs to step up. He is too timid.

But he is a perfect player in your perfect world. You cannot handle the facts, everything is awful when there is a little criticism. Everything I am saying is true and you know it. I never said he was a finished product. I never said he can't improve. You are just overreacting, I am telling the facts.
I think you are doing what a lot of people do.....you are trying to set it up so if the Cavs lose the game maybe you can claim s personal I-told-you-so win for yourself. wont be hard as you should be able to put the blame on Mobley, DG and/or JB should we fall to a team that's pretty good (not Mitchell, of course, even if he has another off game like games 2-5).

As to your 2nd paragraph didn't think you'd just start lying but here we are. I pretty much see him in many of the same ways you do. For sure he can use improvement on the offensive end and main thing for me is he needs to be more aggressive. The facts comment was kind of funny as you seem to ignore any that may refute your agenda.....which for some reason is to put down the kid?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the game? Most of that came during a blowout so thank you for the stat line but it does nothing here
I did watch the game (why I said I hope he can do more early)....though seemed like a lot of the numbers he put up came when, while still behind by a bunch, a comeback was not impossible.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is there criticism?

Well when you get an offensive rebound and you have a guard on you. Put it back up 2 feet from the hoop. Don't pass it out.
When you have a guard in the post. Don't pump fake. He did it many times last game.

I point these out bc these should be things that come natural to a scorer and he doesn't do these in year three. It definitely is worrisome.

I think it is perfectly fair.
That is fair....but I've seen many a player (even bigger than him) get the ball down low with a much smaller player on him and not shoot, pump, etc. Heck, Paolo did it a number of times.

worrisome? seems like an exaggeration to me but just my opinion.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Mobley hasn't been his best I think the major issue is Garland. He can't average 15 ppg and 5 apg in the playoffs. Plain and simple. He is just not aggressive. Missing a lot of easy shots. He needs to step up in game 2. I don't like the fact Mitchell has to carry this team when he drained in the 2nd half bc nobody else wants be aggressive. Levert is another guy that can creat for himself or others. Way too inconsistent.

Move the ball.
some of this also fair but Garland seems to want to be more of a PG and, yes, means he needs to be more aggressive and even selfish like Mitchell....yes, great when DM is selfish and hitting shots. Not ripping him for that.

I guess I don't like the fact - or at least I wonder why - you are afraid to be critical of Mitchell when warranted and think this team is all him. I can agree he was the only one who did what was needed in Game 1 Sunday, but the guy had plenty of help in Game 7. In addition, for some reason you think games 2-5 didn't happen where Mitchell was somewhere between pretty bad and awful each game? could argue his teammates carried him to wins in games 2 and 5 (though he did finally get it together in 4th qtr. of Game 5...like DG did in Game 7).

Oh...agree about Levert. Just way too inconsistent (but he and Merrill did play a critical part in lighting a fire under the team in Game 7).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Move the ball.

The two just don't fit well together IMO.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet his year 3 season is Bam's year 3 season....maybe a little better.

Just curious....is everything Windy says gospel?
Lol he was the 3rd pick. Bam was the 14th pick and I think everyone around the league would agree bam is the better player. You are a big homer when it comes to Mobley while @Shanemansj13 is the real one

Let’s also don’t ignore how Mobley been mediocre in the playoffs

Somehow bam made the all star team year 3 but Mobley didn’t but yeah Mobley had the better player year. Sure bud

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol he was the 3rd pick. Bam was the 14th pick and I think everyone around the league would agree bam is the better player. You are a big homer when it comes to Mobley while @Shanemansj13 is the real one

Let’s also don’t ignore how Mobley been mediocre in the playoffs

Somehow bam made the all star team year 3 but Mobley didn’t but yeah Mobley had the better player year. Sure bud
There goes the excuses for Bam. And right now it's clear bam is the better player. Did someone say otherwise or are you still having comprehension issues?

Mobley been better than mediocre in the playoffs....but at least he didn't have a 4/4/0 series like Bam's first playoff series, right?

Making all star team has a little to do with the other players but, yes, 16/9/3 on 58% shooting and 37% from 3 with a +13 O and D rating compares favorably to 16/10/5, 56% and 14% and +10

As to Shane he likes to be able to claim personal I-told-you-so wins for himself when his team loses so Mobley (along with Garland, JB and others) help him achieve this "goal".