• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: 1) Celtics vs 4) Cavs

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics got bigger/longer guards and wings overall comparing to CLE... looks like they'll have a steady diet of meat and potatoes hunting mismatches when on offense.

That might change some if Allen can get healthy... he would cover some things for the Cav defense.
Wade would help, too....starting to think might be better chance to see wade than Allen based on how some describing his issues with rib injury.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with a healthy Allen doubt the Cavs would pull off the upset. Celtics are loaded this season.

But considering how the Cavs started the season with injuries for them to finally win a playoff series I consider it a good season for them.

@dtgold88 @Shanemansj13

Thoughts?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks not having Allen. He is the most important player on this team. Mobley and Garland have been pretty mediocre
agree about Allen but Mobley been better than mediocre, especially when elite D factored in.

Garland picked it up but needs to be much better. also need Mitchell to keep playing like he has last 3 games and not like games 2-5.

Hope that's not asking too much :noidea:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess as long as "as usual" didn't include the second half, Game 7 vs. Orlando or other games.
Yes let’s keep acting like garland and Mobley are not awful on the offensive side of the ball this playoffs.

You are allowed to criticize players on your team

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trash game tonight.

Donovan has zero help.

Fuq is Mobley doing?
started off slow but I'll take this game from Mobley again. No doubt was not like game 7 where Mitchell had a ton of help.

Now just need Mitchell to keep playing like this as I doubt Garland, Mobley and role players will carry him to a win like they did in games 2 and 5 of Orlando series.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with a healthy Allen doubt the Cavs would pull off the upset. Celtics are loaded this season.

But considering how the Cavs started the season with injuries for them to finally win a playoff series I consider it a good season for them.

@dtgold88 @Shanemansj13

Thoughts?
Obviously would like more but figure improving again this season as we have every year in the rebuild I think was a reasonable goal for the year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes let’s keep acting like garland and Mobley are not awful on the offensive side of the ball this playoffs.

You are allowed to criticize players on your team
was speaking more of Mobley as he did have a much better 2nd half (as did Garland but still not good enough).

FYI, I'm one of the few Cavs fans willing to be critical of Mitchell when warranted (though has not been since game 5).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously would like more but figure improving again this season as we have every year in the rebuild I think was a reasonable goal for the year.

I said before the start of the season it would be a success if they win a playoff series. Too bad Allen's not 100%.

Anyone that says they underperformed or something is just being a hater.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a lot of whining and bitching to do but it won't help anything. Why?

1. the Cavs need a new coach. A coach that has an offensive scheme. It isn't easy with two small guards and bigs but the offense right now is trash. Little movement and inconsistency. Every Cavs fans knows this...I know some Cavs fans that have been calling for JB to be fired when he won COY bc they saw what we all see right now.

2. the Celtics are the best team in the NBA. Everyone forgets how experienced this team is even though Tatum and Brown are so young. Both are in their 7th postseason. Pretty crazy. White is 29 and in his absolute prime. Zinger only 27. Holiday is 32. All have a lot of experience though. I believe Horford played in the most postseason games without getting into the Finals, until two years ago.

3. I will put most of this on the coaching and development but Mobley has not added much to his offensive game. He has improved but Boston does not respect his game. They were putting guards on him and Kornet. That can't happen. He either is not comfortable in this offense or not comfortable in his game. Garland has regressed and I am not going to blame it on the jaw injury. I don't think the coaching staff is utilizing the pieces to reach their max potential.

I said Celtics in 5 but if they don't get Allen back, the most important piece on this team, I think it might be a sweep. Wouldn't be too upset bc then JB has a greater chance of being fired.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a lot of whining and bitching to do but it won't help anything. Why?

1. the Cavs need a new coach. A coach that has an offensive scheme. It isn't easy with two small guards and bigs but the offense right now is trash. Little movement and inconsistency. Every Cavs fans knows this...I know some Cavs fans that have been calling for JB to be fired when he won COY bc they saw what we all see right now.

2. the Celtics are the best team in the NBA. Everyone forgets how experienced this team is even though Tatum and Brown are so young. Both are in their 7th postseason. Pretty crazy. White is 29 and in his absolute prime. Zinger only 27. Holiday is 32. All have a lot of experience though. I believe Horford played in the most postseason games without getting into the Finals, until two years ago.

3. I will put most of this on the coaching and development but Mobley has not added much to his offensive game. He has improved but Boston does not respect his game. They were putting guards on him and Kornet. That can't happen. He either is not comfortable in this offense or not comfortable in his game. Garland has regressed and I am not going to blame it on the jaw injury. I don't think the coaching staff is utilizing the pieces to reach their max potential.

I said Celtics in 5 but if they don't get Allen back, the most important piece on this team, I think it might be a sweep. Wouldn't be too upset bc then JB has a greater chance of being fired.
1. Not opposed to letting him go but who are you bringing in who is so much better? Is there a failed underachiever you prefer? FYI, can make a strong argument have met or exceeded expectations every season with JB as coach. FYI, Cavs fans who wanted JB canned in his COTY season are just typical Blame the Coach Guys.

2. Excellent points about the Cs. Been building around Brown and Tatum since Lebron was still here. But you want to fire a coach who has so far improved every season and whose best players other than Mitchell are 2-6 years from their prime seasons for only getting to round 2 (so far)?

3. Of course you will as Blame the Coach Guy puts all issues on coaching. Was it coaching when we went from 22 to 44 wins in 21-22 and were in line for a 2-3 seed before Allen was hurt? They had guards on Mobley on switches and Kornet when he was their center. I mean, were times we had Garland guarding Tatum (as well as Banchero in last series). I guess we don't respect those guys? Of course you will put a season where Garland regressed on the coach , but what about when he went from arguably the worst player in the league as a rookie to an all star 2 years later? That's not coaching?

How about Wade? went from undrafted FA to a key player who can shoot AND play really good defense?.......Merrill? He went from a player no coach ever gave a chance to one fans cried that he did not play enough....same is true of undrafted rookie CPJ..........Allen went from role player to borderline all star and arguably our most important player.......Mitchell has had his best all around seasons here.....Strus one of the few role players to leave Miami and produce elsewhere having his best season.

Idea he (or the coaching staff) does not develop players is kooky talk

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Not opposed to letting him go but who are you bringing in who is so much better? Is there a failed underachiever you prefer? FYI, can make a strong argument have met or exceeded expectations every season with JB as coach. FYI, Cavs fans who wanted JB canned in his COTY season are just typical Blame the Coach Guys.

2. Excellent points about the Cs. Been building around Brown and Tatum since Lebron was still here. But you want to fire a coach who has so far improved every season and whose best players other than Mitchell are 2-6 years from their prime seasons for only getting to round 2 (so far)?

3. Of course you will as Blame the Coach Guy puts all issues on coaching. Was it coaching when we went from 22 to 44 wins in 21-22 and were in line for a 2-3 seed before Allen was hurt? They had guards on Mobley on switches and Kornet when he was their center. I mean, were times we had Garland guarding Tatum (as well as Banchero in last series). I guess we don't respect those guys? Of course you will put a season where Garland regressed on the coach , but what about when he went from arguably the worst player in the league as a rookie to an all star 2 years later? That's not coaching?

How about Wade? went from undrafted FA to a key player who can shoot AND play really good defense?.......Merrill? He went from a player no coach ever gave a chance to one fans cried that he did not play enough....same is true of undrafted rookie CPJ..........Allen went from role player to borderline all star and arguably our most important player.......Mitchell has had his best all around seasons here.....Strus one of the few role players to leave Miami and produce elsewhere having his best season.

Idea he (or the coaching staff) does not develop players is kooky talk
1. They will have options but no reason to keep a coach if it is not working. There is no argument to keep a coach if players are not progressing under his system, right?

2. Are we seeing the offense improve? I don’t see it. How about lets think about it the other way. What is he doing that makes you think he can work long-term? Offense is too inconsistent. If he isn’t the problem then we have a greater problem, either lack of the right personnel or Garland/Mobley/others have a lower ceiling than we think? I don’t believe that honestly. I still believe Mobley can be a great player overall not under this head coach

3. Nope, I don’t think it all on coaching obviously. It could be some of it but lack pf development is also on the player but under good coaching a player is put in the best position. It plays a part. A lot of factor. So basically what you are saying is Garland isn’t as good as we believe…ok well that is a different problem. I would be fine with a trade but doubting Koby is trading him. Definitely not trading Mobley obviously

Wade is a key player? He is a good role player. We aren’t talking dramatic development like Derrick White. Merrill is a great shooter, he has been for some time. He has done nothing in the playoffs.

The entire point is the offense is a one trick pony in the postseason. You see it, I see it…we all see it. It is Mitchell or Garland dribbling around most of the time trying to create a shot for themselves or dishing it late in the shot clock. Stagnant offense. It gets worse in the playoffs vs top tier defense. Not always but yes it does happen a lot.

Anything bad about the team or coach you will defend at will so I don’t think you have a fair opinion. You want to keep the coach? Yes a head coach does play a part in development and success of players. If you don’t believe that you haven’t played sports. Plain and simple. I never denied that wasn’t the main factor or there are other factors. Maybe Mobley will never be a very good or great offensive player/complete player. We don’t know but the entire point is JB is not the best head coach for this team. Why? Bc there is a clear ceiling as him as a head coach. I know you will blurt some stupid shit about improving every year but if you watch the games, you know.

@WiggyRuss DO YOU THINK JB IS THE LONG-TERM ANSWER AT HEAD COACH?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was speaking more of Mobley as he did have a much better 2nd half (as did Garland but still not good enough).

FYI, I'm one of the few Cavs fans willing to be critical of Mitchell when warranted (though has not been since game 5).

They are avg 27 points combined in the playoffs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. They will have options but no reason to keep a coach if it is not working. There is no argument to keep a coach if players are not progressing under his system, right?

2. Are we seeing the offense improve? I don’t see it. How about lets think about it the other way. What is he doing that makes you think he can work long-term? Offense is too inconsistent. If he isn’t the problem then we have a greater problem, either lack of the right personnel or Garland/Mobley/others have a lower ceiling than we think? I don’t believe that honestly. I still believe Mobley can be a great player overall not under this head coach

3. Nope, I don’t think it all on coaching obviously. It could be some of it but lack pf development is also on the player but under good coaching a player is put in the best position. It plays a part. A lot of factor. So basically what you are saying is Garland isn’t as good as we believe…ok well that is a different problem. I would be fine with a trade but doubting Koby is trading him. Definitely not trading Mobley obviously

Wade is a key player? He is a good role player. We aren’t talking dramatic development like Derrick White. Merrill is a great shooter, he has been for some time. He has done nothing in the playoffs.

The entire point is the offense is a one trick pony in the postseason. You see it, I see it…we all see it. It is Mitchell or Garland dribbling around most of the time trying to create a shot for themselves or dishing it late in the shot clock. Stagnant offense. It gets worse in the playoffs vs top tier defense. Not always but yes it does happen a lot.

Anything bad about the team or coach you will defend at will so I don’t think you have a fair opinion. You want to keep the coach? Yes a head coach does play a part in development and success of players. If you don’t believe that you haven’t played sports. Plain and simple. I never denied that wasn’t the main factor or there are other factors. Maybe Mobley will never be a very good or great offensive player/complete player. We don’t know but the entire point is JB is not the best head coach for this team. Why? Bc there is a clear ceiling as him as a head coach. I know you will blurt some stupid shit about improving every year but if you watch the games, you know.

@WiggyRuss DO YOU THINK JB IS THE LONG-TERM ANSWER AT HEAD COACH?
I do not think JB is the long term answer. I do not think he is an innovative enough offensive coach. He has a lot of weapons.

I think he is a pretty decent coach- and I do have to cut him some slack since there was basically very very little time that he had his core 4 avaliable to him at the same time---- but thus far he has not shown he can get Garland and Mitchell to work or do enough to get Mobley involved

there is of course the caveat that Mobley is 22- Garland broke his jaw and lost a ton of weight and just seems like he has never been right since- and Mitchell has been dragging his leg behind him since January....

it is a tough sport though- guys get hurt and coaches are held to a high standard. I think Budenholzer would do a better job.

I wouldnt get rid of Bickerstaff for just anyone- but I think Budenholzer would be better.