• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: 1) Celtics vs 4) Cavs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it’s a shame that I have to tell someone on this board about the best regular season team in the NBA this year. You should watch more basketball. I think the playoffs would be more entertaining for you if you knew more about the participants.

I disagree. I think the Cavs feasted on the reality that Orlando wasn’t ready for the playoffs and what that looks like. They feasted on a bad road team. I’d take both Indy and Philly in that series.

Congrats on staying healthy enough to catch the Magic in the playoffs. Congrats on riding that 18-2 anomaly to a top 4 seed.
I think you are being hysterical

Cavs are a good young team with a lot of good young players that have improved on the court and gone farther the last few years.

I think is some displaced anger--- if any team has failed to live up to expectations while having a much longer run way its the Sixers.

I think I read somewhere where their are 4 teams in the NBA that have been a top 4 seed the last 2 seasons. Cavs won a playoff series. Literally Mitchell is the only player that is in his prime- and just at the beginning of it....Mobley is still 22...Garland 24--- both missed extended time with injuries this year.

Not many teams in a better position going forward.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree with first part and really have improved every year in the rebuild.

Heard someone on 92.3 saying cannot just keep improving a little each year. Really? I'll take that as it puts us in ECF next season and the Finals in 26 with a title in 27.

Still no way to be sure what Mitchell does but the idea he and Garland do not get along seems far fetched.
as long as Mitchell stays they will be in good shape

the silver lining if Mitchell demands a trade is they will get something and they can start featuring Mobley and give him more touches- and Garland will likely look a lot more like the guy who was an all star.

having a scorer like Mitchell is great but it does take the ball out of a lot of guys hands- its a tough balance- I dont think the Cavs have mastered that by any means and its one reason why I am not a huge Bickerstaff fan--- though I think its tough for anyone.....I def. think Mobley and Garland have had their growth slowed with the Mitchell deal- but cant argue with getting as many talented guys as possible on the team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His offense wasn't good enough in the games with Allen out. Those #s i guess are fine with Allen around
I agree- he didnt step enough offensively - especially in Game 6......all though a game where Garland and Allen took almost 60 shots between them......

I dont think Bickerstaff has done a good job getting everyone involved in the offense to keep everyone in a good rhythm.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the playoffs, though... defensive teams like Orlando and Boston gonna expose flaws in your offense.

Mobley didn't look great against the Magic on the offensive end.
Magic were the best defensive team in basketball during the 2nd half of the season- a lot of good young athletes....was going to be tough against them

now we go to Boston who has another top tier defense......

Mobley was a monster defensively- but needs to do more on offense- especially if Allen is out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as long as Mitchell stays they will be in good shape

the silver lining if Mitchell demands a trade is they will get something and they can start featuring Mobley and give him more touches- and Garland will likely look a lot more like the guy who was an all star.

having a scorer like Mitchell is great but it does take the ball out of a lot of guys hands- its a tough balance- I dont think the Cavs have mastered that by any means and its one reason why I am not a huge Bickerstaff fan--- though I think its tough for anyone.....I def. think Mobley and Garland have had their growth slowed with the Mitchell deal- but cant argue with getting as many talented guys as possible on the team.
Might be the scheme that did this to garland as last season even with DM he pretty much put up the same numbers in his all star season.

Issue this year may just be didn't shoot like he had last 2-3 seasons.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His offense wasn't good enough in the games with Allen out. Those #s i guess are fine with Allen around
scoring was about the same with and without Allen in the series....a lot more boards with him out and think he did more on D.

Sure, could use more scoring if Allen is out, which my guess is he is to at least start this series.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
scoring was about the same with and without Allen in the series....a lot more boards with him out and think he did more on D.

Sure, could use more scoring if Allen is out, which my guess is he is to at least start this series.
Scoring down from regular season two years in a row though (sure one series but still). That can't happen. They need him to be more assertive when he does get touches. Definitely need more scoring with Allen out. 12 ppg isn't enough.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY :D

Definitely still a work in progress unfortunately. I do put some blame on the coaching staff. It is your job to get young players touches early in their career so they can expand their game at least some of the time. He may never be a 20-25 point scorer and that is fine but he needs to establish some kind of jumpshot and be aggressive in the post bc his defense is pretty ridiculous for his age.
If you watch a lot of our games you can see if anything Mobley needs to be more aggressive on offense. The coach cannot shoot for him.

But there has been a good deal of improvement on offense since his rookie season. Scoring still just a little above where he was as a rookie but that might be because we added a 27-28 ppg guard. But he is far more efficient shooting the ball, has developed a nice jump hook and got his 3 point % up from 25% to 37%. Next step is keep that % in that range AND take more of them.....though if he could just develop a reliable 15-18 footer like Nance Sr. did later in his career that would work, too.

He also has became a better passer and has his assists up to 3 per game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scoring down from regular season two years in a row though (sure one series but still). That can't happen. They need him to be more assertive when he does get touches. Definitely need more scoring with Allen out. 12 ppg isn't enough.
Not sure what you mean by "one series". If that was referring to playoffs his playoff average went from just under 10 last year to 12 this year.

as to reg. season? This was the only year his scoring came down and one reason is likely because we added more guys who could score. But he went from 55% overall and 25% from 3 to 58% and 37%. Assists also came up again as they have each season.

FWIW his O rating has gone from 109 as a rookie to 117 to 122 this season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you mean by "one series". If that was referring to playoffs his playoff average went from just under 10 last year to 12 this year.

as to reg. season? This was the only year his scoring came down and one reason is likely because we added more guys who could score. But he went from 55% overall and 25% from 3 to 58% and 37%. Assists also came up again as they have each season.

FWIW his O rating has gone from 109 as a rookie to 117 to 122 this season.
I mean his scoring is down from regular season to playoffs the last two seasons (one series for both playoffs). Scoring and efficiency. That CANNOT happen. I'm not talking about overall progression from year to year, regular season to playoffs specifically.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean his scoring is down from regular season to playoffs the last two seasons (one series for both playoffs). Scoring and efficiency. That CANNOT happen. I'm not talking about overall progression from year to year, regular season to playoffs specifically.
Gotcha, but doesn't scoring in general come down in the playoffs? He's also 22 in his second playoff series.
Does need to be more aggressive as his shots come down in playoffs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crew tonight FML

Scott Foster

user generatedCurtis Blair

user generatedMitchell Ervin

user generated

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 3 pt disparity i think is what does the Cavs in....Boston shoots the 3 a lot lot better.....if the Celtics are hitting a lot of 3's and the Cavs cant at least relatively keep up- this will be a sweep.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like nothing about Darius Garland

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00