• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: 1) Celtics vs 4) Cavs

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i recall the year reggie miller made mr lee his bitch fondly.i hate that little bastard.

You talking about the playoff series where Reggie scored something like eight points in ten seconds? Or was it a regular season game? Can't remember other than it happened in the 90's.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talking about the playoff series where Reggie scored something like eight points in ten seconds? Or was it a regular season game? Can't remember other than it haeppened in the 90's.
yeah,must have been early 90s.my only kid then kept running in front of the screen cause i babysat her that night.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my predictions are Celtics in 5 if the Cavs are just happy to be there

if it gets to game 6- i think the Cavs could win at home- so while I think most likely is Celtics in5 - i could see the Cavs pushing it if they can win 2 of the first 4.
I'd say a lot depends on Allen and Wade.....get both and no Zinger Cavs could make it interesting and very least go 6-7.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are on their track....for a young team.....lose in play-in....lose in first round....win first round......its not a quick progression but a lot of these guys are still young and they dealt with a ton of injuries this year.....

I am impressed with a team like the Twolves who seem to have flipped a switch- however, do we give them credit for sucking the last couple years and then all of a sudden turning it on? It would be incredibly impressive if they could upset Denver I will say that.

Cavs are fine---- if Mitchell stays---- ole weak ankles was like 26 before he really came on..... young teams do not often win a lot
Totally agree with first part and really have improved every year in the rebuild.

Heard someone on 92.3 saying cannot just keep improving a little each year. Really? I'll take that as it puts us in ECF next season and the Finals in 26 with a title in 27.

Still no way to be sure what Mitchell does but the idea he and Garland do not get along seems far fetched.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of the 7 other playoff teams do you think the Cavs beat in a 7 game series? I would contend that Orlando is arguably the only team the Cavs could have beaten in the East. They had more home games and the Magic were one of the worst road teams in the league this year among teams that qualified for the playoffs.
They also have a ton of size (Mitchell said he's never felt so small on the court) and we were missing 2 of our top 3 bigs (though still might be) last 3 games.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree with first part and really have improved every year in the rebuild.

Heard someone on 92.3 saying cannot just keep improving a little each year. Really? I'll take that as it puts us in ECF next season and the Finals in 26 with a title in 27.

Still no way to be sure what Mitchell does but the idea he and Garland do not get along seems far fetched.
WOW. I think you may be making a lot out of drawing the worst road team in the playoffs and surviving in 7.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also have a ton of size (Mitchell said he's never felt so small on the court) and we were missing 2 of our top 3 bigs (though still might be) last 3 games.
So who else in the East would they have beaten? Only other team I would lean toward them beating would be Jimmy Butler-less and Terry Rozier-less Heat.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitchell looked dynamite against a long, strong defensive team in Orlando...

... but he also seemed gimpy towards the end... I'd imagine he has to stay healthy for CLE to have a realistic chance. Cleveland has a big weakness when it comes having 3rd, 4th and beyond scoring options.

Boston gotta keep the Cavs off the offensive glass.
don't completely disagree but despite 2 ball dominant guards (one who scored 27 ppg) allen and Mobley went for about 15-16 ppg each shooting close to 60%.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW. I think you may be making a lot out of drawing the worst road team in the playoffs and surviving in 7.
wow I think you are ignoring this is not just this season as we have improved every year since year 1 of the rebuild....which was the 2018-19 season.

"Making a lot of it"? Nope. we won, which means we improved and went further than last year. Not really debatable.

They were a bad road team for sure, but also 6th best home team in the league....and unlike many teams now, including the Cavs, they were pretty much completely healthy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who else in the East would they have beaten? Only other team I would lean toward them beating would be Jimmy Butler-less and Terry Rozier-less Heat.
so I guess the Cs have not earned their spot yet since they beat a lesser team than we did?

I think they could beat Indiana and with their size maybe even Philly.

But I get it....your season is done (again) so not much else for you to do than try and rip another team that is still playing.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow I think you are ignoring this is not just this season as we have improved every year since year 1 of the rebuild....which was the 2018-19 season.
That is impossible to tell this season as they will beat the worst road team in the playoffs by winning all 4 home games and then losing to a juggernaut that admittedly every team would likely lose to
"Making a lot of it"? Nope. we won, which means we improved and went further than last year. Not really debatable.
It absolutely is. As per usual you want to reduce that which is nuanced to the over simplified. Why? Because that fits your desired conclusion this time. In the future when you need your conclusion to be backed by nuance you’ll lean into that. But this time around it’s just accept “win first round” without consideration of who the opponent was and what the circumstances were. Classic DT Gold stuff
They were a bad road team for sure, but also 6th best home team in the league....and unlike many teams now, including the Cavs, they were pretty much completely healthy.
They were a garbage road team and the Cavs 4 wins were all at home. On the road, the Cavs were 0-3 with an average loss of 22+ points per loss.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so I guess the Cs have not earned their spot yet since they beat a lesser team than we did?
Well, it’s a shame that I have to tell someone on this board about the best regular season team in the NBA this year. You should watch more basketball. I think the playoffs would be more entertaining for you if you knew more about the participants.
I think they could beat Indiana and with their size maybe even Philly.
I disagree. I think the Cavs feasted on the reality that Orlando wasn’t ready for the playoffs and what that looks like. They feasted on a bad road team. I’d take both Indy and Philly in that series.
But I get it....your season is done (again) so not much else for you to do than try and rip another team that is still playing.
Congrats on staying healthy enough to catch the Magic in the playoffs. Congrats on riding that 18-2 anomaly to a top 4 seed.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is impossible to tell this season as they will beat the worst road team in the playoffs by winning all 4 home games and then losing to a juggernaut that admittedly every team would likely lose to

It absolutely is. As per usual you want to reduce that which is nuanced to the over simplified. Why? Because that fits your desired conclusion this time. In the future when you need your conclusion to be backed by nuance you’ll lean into that. But this time around it’s just accept “win first round” without consideration of who the opponent was and what the circumstances were. Classic DT Gold stuff

They were a garbage road team and the Cavs 4 wins were all at home. On the road, the Cavs were 0-3 with an average loss of 22+ points per loss.
we went from out in round 1 in a 4-5 matchup to winning round 1. Not possible to tell at all to a rational individual with no agenda (so not you). what do you mean "admittedly" every team as this is just an opinion?

Is is simple. If you go from playoffs and out round 1, to playoffs and winning round 1 (each 4-5 matchups) you improved. Lie, dance, deflect, move goal posts cannot get around this....but I'm going to laugh as long as I decide to let you keep trying.

They were a garbage road team and really good home team. They were also incredibly healthy for a team in the playoffs. Yes, we won 4 games at home including a game 7. Probably why many think it's an advantage to get home court.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it’s a shame that I have to tell someone on this board about the best regular season team in the NBA this year. You should watch more basketball. I think the playoffs would be more entertaining for you if you knew more about the participants.

I disagree. I think the Cavs feasted on the reality that Orlando wasn’t ready for the playoffs and what that looks like. They feasted on a bad road team. I’d take both Indy and Philly in that series.

Congrats on staying healthy enough to catch the Magic in the playoffs. Congrats on riding that 18-2 anomaly to a top 4 seed.
No need to tell me as I'm aware how good their REGULAR SEASON was, but we are talking about the round 1 PLAYOFF SERIES for each team. I'm gonna stop there, though, to let you regroup. If you want to try again without moving the goal posts, please feel free.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't completely disagree but despite 2 ball dominant guards (one who scored 27 ppg) allen and Mobley went for about 15-16 ppg each shooting close to 60%.
It's the playoffs, though... defensive teams like Orlando and Boston gonna expose flaws in your offense.

Mobley didn't look great against the Magic on the offensive end.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the playoffs, though... defensive teams like Orlando and Boston gonna expose flaws in your offense.

Mobley didn't look great most of the year on the offensive end.
FIFY :D

Definitely still a work in progress unfortunately. I do put some blame on the coaching staff. It is your job to get young players touches early in their career so they can expand their game at least some of the time. He may never be a 20-25 point scorer and that is fine but he needs to establish some kind of jumpshot and be aggressive in the post bc his defense is pretty ridiculous for his age.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mobley didn't look great against the Magic on the offensive end.
I mean, had 1 rough game but rest of series was not far off from his usual self. 50% overall for a little less than 14 ppg.