• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Patriots Draft Thread

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Troy Pauline who was at every Pro-Day, Elliot Wolf has been trying to convince everyone else on the Patriots staff to draft JJ McCarthy at #3. Very little is being said about his attempt to sell JJ other than Van Pelt is against it because McCarthy has the smallest hands of any QB in the draft....9" from thumb to baby finger. Not at all good for playing in the frigid cold. Remember, No college teams are playing football in December or January except for bowl games in warmer climates. One other note. Upon reviewing Michigan film, in all of the final five games played, Michigan RAN the ball on third down and never threw it.

All of the above was taken from Early Edition 4/2/2024 mostly spoken by Mike Giardi. Giardi spoke with Pauline when he wrote about Wolf pushing hard for McCarthy. 83% of Patriot fans polled are ready to fire Wolf.

Thoughts? Discussion? Opinions??
What are Van Pelt's opinions?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not before the contract expires.
Hmm...Not even sure what the hell that means. Can they contribute? Can they contribute on a high level?

Malcolm Butler. UDFA. Diamond.
David Andrews. UDFA. Diamond.
Jonathan Jones. UDFA. Diamond.
JC Jackson. Jakobi Meyers. Brendon Schooler. Ryan Allen. Brandon Bolden. Benjarvus Green-Ellis. Steve Neal. Brian Hoyer. Mike Wright. Kyle Arrington. Dan Connolly. James Develin. Larry Izzo.

Adam Vinamotherfuckingtieri.

God forbid they find one close to home.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm...Not even sure what the hell that means. Can they contribute? Can they contribute on a high level?

Malcolm Butler. UDFA. Diamond.
David Andrews. UDFA. Diamond.
Jonathan Jones. UDFA. Diamond.
JC Jackson. Jakobi Meyers. Brendon Schooler. Ryan Allen. Brandon Bolden. Benjarvus Green-Ellis. Steve Neal. Brian Hoyer. Mike Wright. Kyle Arrington. Dan Connolly. James Develin. Larry Izzo.

Adam Vinamotherfuckingtieri.

God forbid they find one close to home.
Yeahhh ehhhh some are a stretch to call a diamond. Might be an opal or two there

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeahhh ehhhh some are a stretch to call a diamond. Might be an opal or two there
Yeah.
I get your point.

If they are not on the top of the media hype chart they're just not even worth looking at, they'll never be in consideration for the Hall of Fame so why even bother. I'm surprised they're coaches even give the time of day.
1st round or nothing. Degenerate fucks is the highest they'll ever accomplish.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.
I get your point.

If they are not on the top of the media hype chart they're just not even worth looking at, they'll never be in consideration for the Hall of Fame so why even bother. I'm surprised they're coaches even give the time of day.
1st round or nothing. Degenerate fucks is the highest they'll ever accomplish.
No No that is not the point. In fact in one of my mock I selected Coker from Holy Cross. You are missing the point, I thought teams could only host so many Pro Days and it seemed like all the players listed would be mid to late picks, every one of them. I was more curious as to why there weren't any top prospects listed

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No No that is not the point. In fact in one of my mock I selected Coker from Holy Cross. You are missing the point, I thought teams could only host so many Pro Days and it seemed like all the players listed would be mid to late picks, every one of them. I was more curious as to why there weren't any top prospects listed
Don't top prospects have their own pro days? How many scouts would have shown up for Malcolm Butler's pro day?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't top prospects have their own pro days? How many scouts would have shown up for Malcolm Butler's pro day?
Again to repeat myself aren't teams limited to how many pro days they can hose? If so then it seems you would at least consider hosting some of the top talent. I get looking at depth guys but this hosting seemed to target depth guys only

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again to repeat myself aren't teams limited to how many pro days they can hose? If so then it seems you would at least consider hosting some of the top talent. I get looking at depth guys but this hosting seemed to target depth guys only
Pats are hosting Drake Maye for a workout on Friday per WEEI Boston.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team is limited to 30 visits. Patriots have been to the Pro-Days and those don't count.

Inviting players to a Pro-Day does not count as a visit. None of these guys were invited to the combine or played in a senior or post season bowl game. My guess is that they all could be potential UDFA or PS guys. Due diligence.