• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023---- DCFFL Mock- Comment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Carter might drop to seven. When he didn’t it was a toss up for me between Wilson and Gonzalez.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always said in these mocks that I don't understand why a BAD team would ever draft defense in the first few rounds...

always think that offensive line is the default position even if your line is good...

drafting for the Jets this season, I may have to revisit that theory... because it doesn't matter what we think, it is what the team believes...

my jets are in an interesting position...

on one hand they are a terrible offense, in need for a veteran QB... and as we all know Brett Favre... ooops I meant Aaron Rodgers, is expected to be on this team... and if he is then they will try to do everything to make him happy... as they are showing with adding Lazard... if Rodgers is on the team before draft day OR if they are still Wooing Rodgers, then an offensive lineman is the obvious pick...

BUT... they might be done wooing him... if that is the case, then I think they should go defense here... they want to make an identity as a defensive team... and Saleh, a defensive coach already thinks his defense is elite... he may need to protect himself and his defense...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Carter might drop to seven. When he didn’t it was a toss up for me between Wilson and Gonzalez.
I was hoping Carter would drop to the Raiders. I think Witherspoon is a better overall prospect than Gonzalez, but Raiders go pretty heavy in zone and Witherspoon is is a man corner

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always said in these mocks that I don't understand why a BAD team would ever draft defense in the first few rounds...

always think that offensive line is the default position even if your line is good...

drafting for the Jets this season, I may have to revisit that theory... because it doesn't matter what we think, it is what the team believes...

my jets are in an interesting position...

on one hand they are a terrible offense, in need for a veteran QB... and as we all know Brett Favre... ooops I meant Aaron Rodgers, is expected to be on this team... and if he is then they will try to do everything to make him happy... as they are showing with adding Lazard... if Rodgers is on the team before draft day OR if they are still Wooing Rodgers, then an offensive lineman is the obvious pick...

BUT... they might be done wooing him... if that is the case, then I think they should go defense here... they want to make an identity as a defensive team... and Saleh, a defensive coach already thinks his defense is elite... he may need to protect himself and his defense...
I think the Jets have plenty of weapons now even after the Moore trade.

Wilson, Lazard, Hardman, Davis, Mims, possibly OBJ. I would think if they sign OBJ then Davis is gone.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not who I thought the Cowboys were trading up for, interesting.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Devon Witherspoon.

Liked him since his FR year at Illinois in which at that time I thought maybe this guy will get on the draft map at some point... SOPH season rolls around still like him I am thinking I hope this guy at least gets some consideration on day 3 of the draft by the time he graduates. JR year rolls around I am thinking man, this guy... Nobody talks about him he is going to be a day 3 pick by someone who ends up as a day 2 value. Senior year rolls around and finally stuff start to happen for him. He starts getting his love. BOOM he blows up the draft charts. Came from the bottom!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinton Johnson to the Packers would be great because it fits their profile of athletic receivers and it would be them drafting a rd1 WR right after Rodgers leaves which seems like something that would make him upset.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is looking to move up Lions are willing to move down from #18.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver will give you a stick of bubble gum and their 3rd rd pick.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinton Johnson to the Packers would be great because it fits their profile of athletic receivers and it would be them drafting a rd1 WR right after Rodgers leaves which seems like something that would make him upset.

He may have to back to his quiet room to get centered again lol.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not who I thought the Cowboys were trading up for, interesting.
Bet you thought it was for RB. I think that Porter would give the Cowboys the best secondary in football. Also, with Lamb, Parsons and Diggs all about to get paid, it would give them the option of rolling with Diggs and Porter the next 5-6 years or trading Diggs for a haul and still have a #1 Corner

Ellis269

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have him as my WR#1, and was happy he was still on the board. Last year, I thought the Packers would easily get a solid WR with one of their 1st round picks - but then the run on receivers early put that out of reach. Hopefully, they can add a few more weapons to their arsenal.

If the Packers are smart, they’ll manage to swap draft positions with the Jets for Rodgers - would feel a lot better about drafting 13, 42 & 43 instead of 15 & 45. Hell, even if that’s all they get I’d be happy with that.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet you thought it was for RB. I think that Porter would give the Cowboys the best secondary in football. Also, with Lamb, Parsons and Diggs all about to get paid, it would give them the option of rolling with Diggs and Porter the next 5-6 years or trading Diggs for a haul and still have a #1 Corner

RB was in the mix, but I was thinking more about front 7 first, knowing the lack of positional value for RB overall. CB is a pick for next year and beyond after acquiring Gilmour, and even at CB I didn't think Porter was necessarily the top guy on the board.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have him as my WR#1, and was happy he was still on the board. Last year, I thought the Packers would easily get a solid WR with one of their 1st round picks - but then the run on receivers early put that out of reach. Hopefully, they can add a few more weapons to their arsenal.

If the Packers are smart, they’ll manage to swap draft positions with the Jets for Rodgers - would feel a lot better about drafting 13, 42 & 43 instead of 15 & 45. Hell, even if that’s all they get I’d be happy with that.

My understanding is that the trade could take place after June 1st due to cap implications, so the picks involved would be next season and beyond.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB was in the mix, but I was thinking more about front 7 first, knowing the lack of positional value for RB overall. CB is a pick for next year and beyond after acquiring Gilmour, and even at CB I didn't think Porter was necessarily the top guy on the board.
Yeah, it's all in how you see the player. I think Porter is the best CB in the draft, and definitely the best fit for DQ's scheme at nearly 6'3". And I think he is big for this year, even with Gilmour. When you factor in TE with Philly, you have to have guys that can cover across the field, because Hurts is gonna make you commit an extra body to the run game. Dallas has a good FB team but they have to match up with Philly

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's all in how you see the player. I think Porter is the best CB in the draft, and definitely the best fit for DQ's scheme at nearly 6'3". And I think he is big for this year, even with Gilmour. When you factor in TE with Philly, you have to have guys that can cover across the field, because Hurts is gonna make you commit an extra body to the run game. Dallas has a good FB team but they have to match up with Philly

Agreed, but where is he playing in 2023? Diggs and Gilmour are outside and Bland was pretty solid last year in the slot?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Cowboys run a lot of press man? I know Quinn was a cover 3 guy for a long time, but he completely changed up his scheme so I am unsure what they run for coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.