• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023---- DCFFL Mock- Comment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running list of final selections.

Bold means they were drafted in the real draft.

Final picks
DCFFL MOCK

2000 - Carolina Panthers- Luke Leverson, WR, Minnesota
2001 - San Diego Chargers- Javon Green, WR, Colorado
2002 - Houston Texans- Maurice Morris, RB, Oregon
2003 - Houston Texans- Shawn Price, LB North Carolina State
2004 - New England Patriots- Sean Tufts, LB, Colorado
2005 - New England Patriots- Peter Sands, S, Central Florida
2006 - Pittsburgh Steelers- Tim Dobbins, LB, Iowa State
2007 - Detroit Lions- Tra Battle, S, Georgia
2008 - Miami Dolphins- Justin Harrison, S, Illinois
2009 - Kansas City Chiefs- Domonique Johnson, CB, Jacksonville State
2010 - Detroit Lions- Willie Young, DE, North Carolina State
2011 - Houston Texans- Clifton Odom, CB, Baylor
2012 - Indianapolis Colts- Christian Tupou, DT, USC
2013 - Indianapolis Colts- Travis Bond, OG, North Carolina
2014 - Houston Texans- Chris Boswell, K, Rice
2015 - Arizona Cardinals- B.J. Catalon, RB, TCU
2016 - Denver Broncos- Kevin Peterson, CB, Oklahoma State
2017 - Denver Broncos- Brandon Bell, LB, Penn State
2018 - Atlanta Falcons- Nic Shimonek, QB, Texas Tech
2019- Arizona Cardinals- Keenen Brown, TE Texas State
2020- New York Giants- Alex Pechin, P, Bucknell
2021- Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Robert Jones, OG, Middle Tennessee State
2022- San Francisco 49ers- Christopher Allen, DE, Alabama
2023- Houston Texans- Matt Landers, WR, Arkansas

Few notes... Battle, Johnson, Boswell, Peterson, Jones, Allen all made teams their rookie season.

Been awhile since a last pick was drafted in the real draft. Could Landers break the drought?
I thought about Landers. 6'4" and ran 4.37. If he is willing to play special teams, he might

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Im good with both of my drafts.

Last year I did correctly predict that the Chiefs were trading up for a CB but I just picked the wrong one. I think it might be similar this year with OT in rd1. I don't think Darnell Wright will get to KC at all. I think Im higher on him than everyone else but I have him as the #11 overall prospect. I've seen a ton of mocks thinking the Chiefs will trade up in rd1 but I think they'll stay put. The Chiefs dont actually have a lot of ammo according to the trade value chart this year (25th overall). I suspect the only move they'll make is trying to trade up in rd3 with one of their extra 4s.

I probably got better value with my Jaguars mock but I also ignored that they were run by Baalke and didnt go out of my way to target guys with length. I do think the Jaguars probably should manuever around in the draft because their positions of need have fairly low positional value (Nickleback, 5 tech, Tight End) but they'll also have to target specific players that fit Baalke's profile.

Drafting for the Chiefs and Jags was interesting because I do think they're both teams trying to win a Super Bowl next year and both probably overachieved a bit with their offensive weapons. I'm not sure the Jags will get Mayer but they really should try to come down with one of the better receiving Tight Ends in this draft imo. Evan Engram seemed really important to their offense when I saw it last year but he is pretty much a one-trick pony (speed) and the Jags threw a tag on him which makes me think that they are reluctant to pay him.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like my Raiders draft. I felt every pick was great value and fit a need.

I admit I did the Dolphins dirty. All trench which is good, but it is all injury concerns and development time. That might be a good draft in year 4, year 1 not so much. Not ideal for a team looking to compete now.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like my drafts and I like my value which I guess we should all like our own drafts because we are the one's drafting so if we didn't like our drafts then we all failed ourselves. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about Landers. 6'4" and ran 4.37. If he is willing to play special teams, he might

Same thought. I think this years DCFFL Mr. Irrelevant is going to stop the drought. Other then maybe his age no way Landers doesn't get drafted, IMO.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like my drafts and I like my value which I guess we should all like our own drafts because we are the one's drafting so if we didn't like our drafts then we all failed ourselves. ;)
Yeah, its difficult to evaluate drafts when you're the one picking. Iirc one of Nos' drafts had a vote where the guy won because he had a great value pick with Paxton Lynch later than what people thought he was going to go. Thats all fine and great but we have no idea how these guys will actually turn out.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, its difficult to evaluate drafts when you're the one picking. Iirc one of Nos' drafts had a vote where the guy won because he had a great value pick with Paxton Lynch later than what people thought he was going to go. Thats all fine and great but we have no idea how these guys will actually turn out.

Yeah- Little different then fantasy football drafts where you can "hate your team" because the cards don't fall your way or you took a gamble on a certain position and then missed out on a run at another...

Yeah, when all is said and done Paxton Lynch wasn't even a good pick had he been selected in Round 7. lol

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 1

Dead on picks- 3
Colts- Anthony Richardson @omareasy34
Titans- Peter Skoronski @SpringStein
Ravens- Zay Flowers @rmilia1
Same pick but different team- Cardinals- Will Anderson (Texans real draft)

24/32 first round picks in DCFFL went in the real first round.

Highest player selected in DCFFL that didn't go in rd 1 of real draft- 13th- Dallas- Joey Porter Jr

Not bad.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly thought I had reached for Bergeron with Miami based on need, seeing him go even earlier in the draft was surprising to me. Voorhees injury must be way worse than we know about.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of my picks turned out pretty good for Denver minus Emil which was the pick I really regretted after I took him and spent the most time thinking about. The only other guy to go undrafted was Brenton Cox who I took in Rd 7 and he signed with the Packers. Not bad. I didn't hit on any picks this year.. I had a bit of a streak going... Hit on Delarrin Turner-Yell last year.

I think Ronnie Hickman was the highest player taken in our draft (rd 3) that went undrafted.

Overall, it will NEVER be close to the real draft but I felt it wasn't too bad either for the entire layout of ours vs the real.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly thought I had reached for Bergeron with Miami based on need, seeing him go even earlier in the draft was surprising to me. Voorhees injury must be way worse than we know about.

...or he's not the early round prospect we assumed without (or after recovery from) the injury?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hit on Dorian Williams for Buffalo, but at better value in the 5th lol.

ThinMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got most of the positions right (including double dipping at CB), but the players/order all wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.