• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man we gotta stop getting down 2 or 3 goals every game. We just dont have the offensive weapons to make comebacks on a regular basis.

Was listening to Jones' interview with the PHLY guys and one of the things that stood out was when talking about how the organization is sticking to the 'we're rebuilding still' discussion points was that teams like Colorado have the stars to win even when they get outplayed. The Flyers beat the Stars last week and dominated a cup contender, but Jones basically said everyone played their A+ game that night. When any team brings their A+ game it's going to be hard to beat them. That doesn't mean they're a cup contender.

Teams like Colorado (and Tampa last night), who have those elite guys, win when the A+ game isn't there. If the stars are on, they win the game almost single-handedly. And sustained cup contention means having those guys because no team can consistently rely on A+ games from everyone in the lineup. That's where he honed in on the Flyers need to continue building. Maybe some of the guys they have can develop in to that level, but they need to keep looking for it too.

Wasn't really a novel concept, lots of people have been saying it for a while. But it was very reassuring to hear Jones (and the rest of leadership) thinking along those same lines.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was listening to Jones' interview with the PHLY guys and one of the things that stood out was when talking about how the organization is sticking to the 'we're rebuilding still' discussion points was that teams like Colorado have the stars to win even when they get outplayed. The Flyers beat the Stars last week and dominated a cup contender, but Jones basically said everyone played their A+ game that night. When any team brings their A+ game it's going to be hard to beat them. That doesn't mean they're a cup contender.

Teams like Colorado (and Tampa last night), who have those elite guys, win when the A+ game isn't there. If the stars are on, they win the game almost single-handedly. And sustained cup contention means having those guys because no team can consistently rely on A+ games from everyone in the lineup. That's where he honed in on the Flyers need to continue building. Maybe some of the guys they have can develop in to that level, but they need to keep looking for it too.

Wasn't really a novel concept, lots of people have been saying it for a while. But it was very reassuring to hear Jones (and the rest of leadership) thinking along those same lines.
I agree withy his assessment 100%.

We have to go full speed balls to the wall every night with the team we have just to get a victory.

Teams wear down like that especially playing with 7 defense as our forwards are getting overused.

Our talent is just not at the level or teams like Colorado but i wouldn't want to play us in a playoff series if i were them.

Cant get Michkov here fast enough.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-3 since Brink has been taken out of the lineup. Coincidence i think not
Like you said, if you're going to use the current system, you better be able to inject fresh guys constantly or cut back a lot on practice/skate days. Not sure why Brink is getting the cold shoulder but he's been pretty good in most games he's been in.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree withy his assessment 100%.

We have to go full speed balls to the wall every night with the team we have just to get a victory.

Teams wear down like that especially playing with 7 defense as our forwards are getting overused.

Our talent is just not at the level or teams like Colorado but i wouldn't want to play us in a playoff series if i were them.

Cant get Michkov here fast enough.

Yep, agreed. The Flyers would be a tough out for any team in the playoffs the way they're playing. But it'll be next to impossible for them to sustain that level for 2+ months in the playoffs. Plus those teams that know they'll be in, have another level they can get to when the games really matter for them. The Flyers are already playing above the level most people thought possible.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of smoke around Hart and Hockey Canada now. 5 guys due in London, ON to be charged.

Hart, Dube, McCleod, and Foote all on leave in the last 24-48 hrs. Plus Formenton over in Switzerland. Would be a heck of a coincidence...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok so no real flyers hockey any time soon. Lovely.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of smoke around Hart and Hockey Canada now. 5 guys due in London, ON to be charged.

Hart, Dube, McCleod, and Foote all on leave in the last 24-48 hrs. Plus Formenton over in Switzerland. Would be a heck of a coincidence...
Just to fuck one dumb whore who wanted it.

Hockey will finally be in the news. Guess we'll get some more gay nights.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are correct effort will get you places but probably not far enough to win a cup. You need skill and effort. I do think Tippett is trending up need more of that.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Listening to Boomer & Jake just now. There’s a lot of fire in the world we now live in. I think Hart has played in his last NHL game.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are correct effort will get you places but probably not far enough to win a cup. You need skill and effort. I do think Tippett is trending up need more of that.
It would be nice if we had a team full of Tippetts and TKs.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Boomer & Jake just now. There’s a lot of fire in the world we now live in. I think Hart has played in his last NHL game.
If we loan him to russia, can we get Michov NOW

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to see what all the case involves, I doubt very seriously he's played his last game. I'm thinking it's a money thing and will be settled elsewhere.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a Carter Hart note, from what I've read about this case, it says the woman involved has already taken a payout? Wouldn't that mean there was a settlement somewhere already?

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a Carter Hart note, from what I've read about this case, it says the woman involved has already taken a payout? Wouldn't that mean there was a settlement somewhere already?
She settled with Hockey Canada in a civil claim and now it looks like the authorities a bringing criminal charges against individuals.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She settled with Hockey Canada in a civil claim and now it looks like the authorities a bringing criminal charges against individuals.
Def not saying these guys are all innocent, but I'm always confused when the victims immediately agree to cash settlements. I would think of you were truly wronged and were seeking justice, you'd be all for arrests and trial's, your going to get paid regardless. This sounds like a Canada trying to unstain it's reputation thingy to me.