• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found a good deal on tickets and it just seemed they ran out of gas after the first period. Had the game in hand and let them back then lost it completely. Also the officiating was atrocious again.
I will agree about the officiating but we still should've won that game against a team we are better than.

Maybe it will set us up for another big winning run like when we lost to San Jose.

Hope you had fun at the game.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ivan Provorov 45 games 4Gs 19 As 23 points minus 8. Age 27 Salary $4.725 2 more years
Yegor Zamula 38 games 5Gs 10 As 15 points plus 10 Age 23 Salary:$775K this year RFA next year

Our Russian defense man is better that yours :nod:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

Apparently we didn't want the two points today. Consider me surprised.

It's been a long time since I've felt this way, but we did not come to play a hockey game this afternoon.

Everyone who bought tickets should get refunded. It's embarrassing.

Edit: I'm being harsh, but our standards are higher now. We don't expect to see an egg laid a day after a loss. That and wtf happened to our drive to avenge losses!? Ottawa smoked us in game 2 and today in the 3rd period we just handed them the game and had virtually zero push back.
I didn't catch the game, but I imagined them running out of legs when looking at the boxscore.

I ice skated Saturday and my legs were dead for BBall the next morning.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Flyers trade deadline needs:​

Philadelphia Flyers

Another first-round pick: Despite being in the playoff race, it’s still likely the Flyers are going to sell off a few parts — with defenseman Sean Walker at the top of that list (or, if they prefer to keep Walker, Rasmus Ristolainen). The Flyers already have two first-round picks in this year’s draft, but they’d surely love to add another before the deadline, particularly after trading one of the best prospects in hockey, Cutter Gauthier, to Anaheim. If they end up both buying and selling (a distinct possibility), another middle-six scoring winger could be targeted, as long as it doesn’t cost them a whole lot. — Kevin Kurz

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Flyers trade deadline needs:​

Philadelphia Flyers

Another first-round pick: Despite being in the playoff race, it’s still likely the Flyers are going to sell off a few parts — with defenseman Sean Walker at the top of that list (or, if they prefer to keep Walker, Rasmus Ristolainen). The Flyers already have two first-round picks in this year’s draft, but they’d surely love to add another before the deadline, particularly after trading one of the best prospects in hockey, Cutter Gauthier, to Anaheim. If they end up both buying and selling (a distinct possibility), another middle-six scoring winger could be targeted, as long as it doesn’t cost them a whole lot. — Kevin Kurz
Def going to be interesting to see what happens. Hope it's something good, Risto could end up being the guy for sure if they could work it out IMO.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't catch the game, but I imagined them running out of legs when looking at the boxscore.

I ice skated Saturday and my legs were dead for BBall the next morning.
Idk what it was, but as a team, we looked bored or disinterested. Yes, credit to Ottawa for going out in the 3rd and taking the win from us, but we provided very little resistance. I would say the puck was even bouncing our way too. That first goal by Zamula was as easy and bizarre as they come. The puck bounced awkwardly off their goalie, high in the air to an open area and Z was basically the only one who noticed it. He had time to just collect it and fire the puck into the empty net as everyone else was looking to the other side of the ice.

For whatever reason, we barely pressured their goalie Sogaard at all. He's a young goalie with poor numbers and only 21 career starts. He never looked comfortable in the game, to me, and yet we let him off the hook. This also ended a streak for us of games in which we reached 35 shots, which was nearing an Nhl record. Only 25 total shots against a rookie goalie that looked shaky. Where was the drive or the killer instinct!? It's just terrible.

This is, as of now, definitely an aberration, but I hope it's not a sign of things to come. We absolutely have to bounce back here Tuesday night.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Def going to be interesting to see what happens. Hope it's something good, Risto could end up being the guy for sure if they could work it out IMO.
This would be the best thing to happen to our organization if we could trade Risto without having to throw in a pick to have a team take him off our hands.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do not agree with this move and didn't agree that Brink was a healthy scratch last game while Deslaurier played and only 5 minutes in a game we needed Brink.

Torts please dont over coach!!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed the Ottawa game sounds like they didn't show up. Agree with everyone turn it around tonight! I think they will although TB can be dangerous at times they are no longer the same team.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed the Ottawa game sounds like they didn't show up. Agree with everyone turn it around tonight! I think they will although TB can be dangerous at times they are no longer the same team.
Hopefully some of the discourse I've been reading about between the club and Stamkos is true, sounds like they're ready to move on to a new chapter without him and the play surrounding it on the ice has been a microcosm of an unhealthy locker room.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter Hart taking a leave of absence for "personal reasons."

Wacky shit happening to this team.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter Hart taking a leave of absence for "personal reasons."

Wacky shit happening to this team.

You think maybe an answer in that hockey canada stuff?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do, I truly hope he wasn't involved but is maybe having to answer some questions. Hope he's back soon. Maybe it's something else to, his game hasn't been spectacular lately IMO, the soap opera never ends.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's anything like duke lacross or the Virginia tech liar, there were no repercussions for any of the scummy whores and judges and lawyers involved so there's no deterrent to doing it to another group of boys.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do, I truly hope he wasn't involved but is maybe having to answer some questions. Hope he's back soon. Maybe it's something else to, his game hasn't been spectacular lately IMO, the soap opera never ends.
I think his vagina is hurting. He has missed a lot of games due to being sick so far in his career.