• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my question, what was the big hurry? I guess they figured best they were gonna get is Drysdale, I'm just not sold on his health issues yet. Lord knows we've seen plenty of that crap!
Yeah you can't let these things stew for too long he could have just sat out for a few years and they get nothing. Overall have to be happy to get a good RHD always need them. Briere is right he's a hot commodity right now too so things could only get worse over time so move on. Cross our fingers that he ends up being a long term stud.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my question, what was the big hurry? I guess they figured best they were gonna get is Drysdale, I'm just not sold on his health issues yet. Lord knows we've seen plenty of that crap!
It would suck so bad if his injuries turn him into another Nolan Patrick or Ryan Ellis. hopefully we got it right finally. :suds:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to know why that Puss Gauthier didn't want to be a flyer. If anyone finds out please share.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to know why that Puss Gauthier didn't want to be a flyer. If anyone finds out please share.
His agent said it's a personal matter between him and his family. Momma is probably afraid he won't be able to get fresh breast milk in Philly.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why retain half their contracts? To me that is stupid unless your getting super high quality returns.
I have to think the only reason to retain salary is to sweeten the pot. I really hope Danny B knows what he's doing and we dont have to go through another 8 years of building nothing close to a cup contender.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to think the only reason to retain salary is to sweeten the pot. I really hope Danny B knows what he's doing and we dont have to go through another 8 years of building nothing close to a cup contender.

Yep. Retaining cap on those guys is nothing. Cap space for the rest of the year the flyers won’t be needing anyway. Last year of their deals so end of the year it comes off.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get to see what Drysdale looks like tonight in our colors Woooohooooo!!!

He should add some spark to the top PP

Its a shame that any of the Flyers defenseman have to sit but i wonder who it will be.

I personally hope its Risto.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get to see what Drysdale looks like tonight in our colors Woooohooooo!!!

He should add some spark to the top PP

Its a shame that any of the Flyers defenseman have to sit but i wonder who it will be.

I personally hope its Risto.

Sounds like they're going with 7 tonight and Staal sits.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutter Gauthier can go fuck himself, with all due respect. Death threats are obviously too much, but I hope he never wins a damn thing with the Ducks. For a 19 year old kid to refuse to even talk with the organization that drafted him 5th overall is ridiculous. I heard that the Flyers sent LeClair and Sharp up to Boston College to watch him play and have a meeting. This kid flat out refuses to meet with two Cup Champions, legends of the game. Who the fuck are you, buddy!? If this guy had any love for the sport at all, he would've at least met with them out of respect.

Furthermore, I praise Briere for getting a good-skating, puck-moving, right-handed defenseman that can anchor our power play and perhaps our top pairing too, plus bagging that extra 2nd round pick all for an immature teenager who clearly was never going to play for us.

What could the Flyers organization have possibly said or done to ruin the relationship with Gauthier that badly before he's even played in his first Nhl game!? I blame either the kid or his agent/parents 100% on this one.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks pretty smooth at only 21 years old. Hopefully he is nowhere near a finished product. :clap:

Great comeback win last night. everyone played well

If we didn't hit 6 posts it would've been a blow out!