• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy to me how much this team fell apart in the last 10 games, yes we were competitive in a few but always battling from behind, hope it was just burnout and we get rejuvenated for round 2. My only concern is if we catch a second wind, will we be burned out come playoff time?
Yes

It's it all fucked

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well his lawyers say he's innocent so I guess we'll see.
Ultimately they shouldn't be able to prove anything unless these kids are still as dumb as they were. Just a political shakedown for the cameras.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dreger saying on twitter the Flyers are taking calls on Laughton. Also notes how thin the C market is.

Interesting one given the leadership role he has with the team. Kind of unfortunate he's had a pretty down year this year compared to last year in terms of potential returns. But you'd have to imagine he checks a lot of boxes as a 'built for the playoffs' type guy.

In the end, surely Danny comes up with at least another 1st rounder this year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dreger saying on twitter the Flyers are taking calls on Laughton. Also notes how thin the C market is.

Interesting one given the leadership role he has with the team. Kind of unfortunate he's had a pretty down year this year compared to last year in terms of potential returns. But you'd have to imagine he checks a lot of boxes as a 'built for the playoffs' type guy.

I just read a story that says the Rangers are looking to give us Kakko plus another piece for Morgan Frost.

Its time to strike while iron is hot with Laughton. If he wasn't having a great PK season with TK he would be having a terrible year.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this little slump and Hart fiasco came at a convenient moment for everyone to assume we don't have the horsepower for a playoff run and to give the franchise the green light on selling everything that isn't nailed down by the trade deadline, which is only five weeks away.

It was fun while it lasted, but we're probably about to wave goodbye to Laughton, Walker and Seeler, plus slip back to 7th in the division, despite still being 3rd at the moment. Staal is the other pending UFA, but if we unload him too, that may leave us a little short on defensemen.

All of that said, apparently Walker and Seeler do want to stay in Philly. I'm not adverse to that given how well they've played, but are they too old at 29 and 30?

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cant wait until he comes up to the big squad. Very solid righty defenseman who will make a fraction of Walker. Once Walker is gone i hope they bring him up but that may be unrealistic. Probably next season he will stick with the big club.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this little slump and Hart fiasco came at a convenient moment for everyone to assume we don't have the horsepower for a playoff run and to give the franchise the green light on selling everything that isn't nailed down by the trade deadline, which is only five weeks away.

It was fun while it lasted, but we're probably about to wave goodbye to Laughton, Walker and Seeler, plus slip back to 7th in the division, despite still being 3rd at the moment. Staal is the other pending UFA, but if we unload him too, that may leave us a little short on defensemen.

All of that said, apparently Walker and Seeler do want to stay in Philly. I'm not adverse to that given how well they've played, but are they too old at 29 and 30?

Yep, I agree with this. Teams normally don't blow it all the way up at the deadline, but I would think at least 2 of Laughton, Walker, and Seeler will get moved. Probably listen on Atkinson and Risto too.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read a story that says the Rangers are looking to give us Kakko plus another piece for Morgan Frost.

Its time to strike while iron is hot with Laughton. If he wasn't having a great PK season with TK he would be having a terrible year.

Frost has spent most of Torts tenure in the doghouse, but I honestly don't see how you can move him with centers the Flyers have in the organization. As far as guys with top 6 point producing ability, it's Couturier, Frost, and then basically nothing. Barkey, late 3rd rounder last summer, is probably the most interesting guy. And maybe the only one. Cates I don't think will ever have the offense to be a cup contending 2C even if he's a useful guy to have. There's always trades and/or free agency to try to fill that role, but that's going to be expensive in assets or cap or both. C is a real weakness organizationally, so it would be weird to move Frost.

And I don't think I'd be interested in Kakko. Even if it weren't the Flyers trading from their biggest organization weakness (center) for their biggest organizational strength (wingers).

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How old will they be in 2040 when the Flyers might be good again?

Why did we watch the first half of the season?

They should have folded ed snider's team when he died and we could have gotten a new one.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we have a pretty good goalie stuck in Russia, along with a potential elite forward and we'll be lucky to see either one in 2 years or more? That's not a great outlook to be honest. I understand the situation it's just pretty stupid to me.
Other than that I think we'll see what direction this team takes, they start winning again and it gets complicated at the trade deadline, we start losing then I think it becomes sell, sell, sell! Either way it goes I hope it works out for our future, Lord knows we need some positive things to start going our way.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Frost has spent most of Torts tenure in the doghouse, but I honestly don't see how you can move him with centers the Flyers have in the organization. As far as guys with top 6 point producing ability, it's Couturier, Frost, and then basically nothing. Barkey, late 3rd rounder last summer, is probably the most interesting guy. And maybe the only one. Cates I don't think will ever have the offense to be a cup contending 2C even if he's a useful guy to have. There's always trades and/or free agency to try to fill that role, but that's going to be expensive in assets or cap or both. C is a real weakness organizationally, so it would be weird to move Frost.

And I don't think I'd be interested in Kakko. Even if it weren't the Flyers trading from their biggest organization weakness (center) for their biggest organizational strength (wingers).
Are there any teams out there with blocked young centers we could trade Atkinson (retain salary) for?

Logan Stankoven / Mavrik Borque from Dallas?
Brad Lambert / Rutger McGroaty from Winnipeg?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there any teams out there with blocked young centers we could trade Atkinson (retain salary) for?

Only guy that seems to pop up a lot in terms of being blocked is Broberg, but he's a dman in Edmonton. Former top 5 pick I think, RHD. But if you can't crack the EDM defense, I'm a little skeptical of how high end you're gunna be, ya know?

Everyone hoards their young Cs, but man it would be great to get one at the deadline if they can.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monahan off the board now too. Leaves Henrique as the only C left on TSNs trade bait board. Wonder if we'll start to see some heat with Laughton.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monahan off the board now too. Leaves Henrique as the only C left on TSNs trade bait board. Wonder if we'll start to see some heat with Laughton.
This will tell if we are really doing a full rebuild.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a good point. I haven't heard Atkinson in any trade rumors. Im just assuming he makes to much and coming off a season long injury and his value must be very low.