• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if there is some type of pretrial intervention program where they are charged? My understanding is that the "victim" could not identify any of the guys that allegedly assaulted her. A second issue involves whether she could consent (she says she was too intoxicated to consent). PTI is like a probation program but the charges are dismissed if the person remains law abiding for x (usually 2-3 years). May be a good resolution for all to get on with their lives ("victim" included).

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny how on ESPN Hart is the lead name they use whenever talking about or showing this story on the bottom line because he is the most well known of the 4 players.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL player voted for most underrated NHL player and TK was on the list.
He got 1.19% of the votes which says he is starting to get respected around the league.

The average of all the players on the list was around 3.5%

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers, Jets and Kraken coming out of the break. Is this our season? My confidence is slightly lower then it was 15 games ago that's for sure.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think the Flyers stance will be if Hart is convicted of a sex crime?

If he's convicted I think it's going to be a while before Hart plays in the NHL again. Little different story because it was domestic violence, but Voynov was suspended pending investigation in 2014, reached a plea deal in 2015, and essentially got deported back to Russia. Eventually the NHL suspended him for an entire a season which would have been '19-20 (later reduced to 41 games due to 'time served'), but he never returned to the NHL instead staying in the KHL.

Not a ton of other examples that I can think of with charges this serious. But based on that I'd say Hart's done for at least this year while the investigation is ongoing and next year as a hypothetical season-long suspension (pending legal punishment duration). Hart's an RFA after this season, so presumably nobody will sign him this summer which I think means the Flyers keep his rights. But could essentially walk away from him without any contract mess.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's convicted I think it's going to be a while before Hart plays in the NHL again. Little different story because it was domestic violence, but Voynov was suspended pending investigation in 2014, reached a plea deal in 2015, and essentially got deported back to Russia. Eventually the NHL suspended him for an entire a season which would have been '19-20 (later reduced to 41 games due to 'time served'), but he never returned to the NHL instead staying in the KHL.

Not a ton of other examples that I can think of with charges this serious. But based on that I'd say Hart's done for at least this year while the investigation is ongoing and next year as a hypothetical season-long suspension (pending legal punishment duration). Hart's an RFA after this season, so presumably nobody will sign him this summer which I think means the Flyers keep his rights. But could essentially walk away from him without any contract mess.
Why oh why does crazy shit happen to our team over and over and over?:doh::gaah:

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think the Flyers stance will be if Hart is convicted of a sex crime?
If convicted, he's donezo.
All the players charged have said they are innocent.

Let's see the evidence.
See how the trial goes and then we can make an informed decision.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Flyers’ options​

Hart will be a restricted free agent after this season. The Flyers could choose not to make him a qualifying offer and rid themselves of the headache altogether. If the Flyers do make him a qualifying offer, which would be $4.479 million a year, according to capfriendly.com, other clubs could sign him to a contract. The Flyers would retain the right of first refusal and the ability to match any offer sheet from an opposing team. They would receive draft-pick compensation if they allowed him to sign with someone else.

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman can step in before then and suspend the players for off-ice conduct. These suspensions can be handed out “where the failure to suspend the player during this period would create a substantial risk of material harm to the legitimate interests and/or reputation of the league,” according to the league’s collective bargaining agreement. Bettman took this measure in 2014 with Los Angeles Kings defenseman Slava Voynov, who was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence. Voynov was suspended immediately, later had his contract terminated by the Kings, and never played in the NHL again.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Flyers’ options​

Hart will be a restricted free agent after this season. The Flyers could choose not to make him a qualifying offer and rid themselves of the headache altogether. If the Flyers do make him a qualifying offer, which would be $4.479 million a year, according to capfriendly.com, other clubs could sign him to a contract. The Flyers would retain the right of first refusal and the ability to match any offer sheet from an opposing team. They would receive draft-pick compensation if they allowed him to sign with someone else.

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman can step in before then and suspend the players for off-ice conduct. These suspensions can be handed out “where the failure to suspend the player during this period would create a substantial risk of material harm to the legitimate interests and/or reputation of the league,” according to the league’s collective bargaining agreement. Bettman took this measure in 2014 with Los Angeles Kings defenseman Slava Voynov, who was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence. Voynov was suspended immediately, later had his contract terminated by the Kings, and never played in the NHL again.
And the flip side of the coin is if he's innocent we would be fucking ourselves once again to let him walk. If he's proven not guilty I think the organization should back him fully so he comes back to a club with confidence and faith they have his back. I mean if he's not guilty, there will always be those nay Sayers, but fuck them. Until he's convicted I'm in his court. If he's convicted he's done anyway.