• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Running Back & Tight End Class (Is Kenneth Walker the only bright spot?)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't argue against that.
James Cook can be a 3 down back but if he is picked up by NE, he'd be a good fit as a 3rd down back and rotational back next year.

Bills will use him in a rotation with Singletary most likely, especially on passing downs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breece Hall - Jets
Kenneth Walker - Hawks

Not the best situations for either one of these RBs but the talent should be enough to justify their selections. I'd say there is more upside with Hall on the Jets just due to Wilson probably still having potential that Lock doesnt have. Its hard to get too excited about these landing spots, though.

James Cook - Bills

SB contender reaches for an RB. Reminiscent of Chiefs with CEH but Cook is a better receiver coming out and if the Bills should choose to feature him he should be more productive in the passing game. I dont think Cook is as good of a runner as some of these other top prospects but he is good enough.

Rachaad White - Bucs
Tyrion Davis-Price - Niners
Brian Washington - WTF
Dameon Pierce - Texans

This is the tier to watch. Bucs and Niners are definitely offenses you want to be in. I see no reason why Pierce shouldnt be at least decent.

Zamir White - Raiders
Isaiah Spiller - Chargers
Pierre Strong - Patriots
Hassan Haskins - Titans

Raiders get the best athlete and Chargers get the worst. If Spiller has any projectable talent, though, then he landed in a great spot. My gut feeling, though, is that Spiller isnt explosive enough for that spot to matter. I like Pierre Strong a lot but he is buried in that depth chart in New England. I doubt he'll break through but BB will likely use him as a rotational player. Haskins I think is similar to Spiller. Like the spot, not sure the talent is there.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Walker is doomed now that he was drafted by Pete Carroll.
Oh sure RBs hate it when a run heavy team who just drafted their future book ends tackles drafts them to be their workhorse stud RB.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breece Hall - Jets
Kenneth Walker - Hawks

Not the best situations for either one of these RBs but the talent should be enough to justify their selections. I'd say there is more upside with Hall on the Jets just due to Wilson probably still having potential that Lock doesnt have. Its hard to get too excited about these landing spots, though.

James Cook - Bills

SB contender reaches for an RB. Reminiscent of Chiefs with CEH but Cook is a better receiver coming out and if the Bills should choose to feature him he should be more productive in the passing game. I dont think Cook is as good of a runner as some of these other top prospects but he is good enough.

Rachaad White - Bucs
Tyrion Davis-Price - Niners
Brian Washington - WTF
Dameon Pierce - Texans

This is the tier to watch. Bucs and Niners are definitely offenses you want to be in. I see no reason why Pierce shouldnt be at least decent.

Zamir White - Raiders
Isaiah Spiller - Chargers
Pierre Strong - Patriots
Hassan Haskins - Titans

Raiders get the best athlete and Chargers get the worst. If Spiller has any projectable talent, though, then he landed in a great spot. My gut feeling, though, is that Spiller isnt explosive enough for that spot to matter. I like Pierre Strong a lot but he is buried in that depth chart in New England. I doubt he'll break through but BB will likely use him as a rotational player. Haskins I think is similar to Spiller. Like the spot, not sure the talent is there.
The depth chart is not what it seems. 2 cut before season, maybe 3 Only Harris and Stevenson are locks to play. Strong and Kevin Harris are rookies with Strong on back ready to play. 1 injury could drastically change things

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The depth chart is not what it seems. 2 cut before season, maybe 3 Only Harris and Stevenson are locks to play. Strong and Kevin Harris are rookies with Strong on back ready to play. 1 injury could drastically change things
Well, yeah, an injury certainly could change things but Damien Harris and Stevenson both have roles on that team.

Walker and Hall are still the top tier guys and I think they still have the highest hit possibility regardless of anything else. I think once you get passed the 2nd round, rotational talent should be the expectation.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, yeah, an injury certainly could change things but Damien Harris and Stevenson both have roles on that team.

Walker and Hall are still the top tier guys and I think they still have the highest hit possibility regardless of anything else. I think once you get passed the 2nd round, rotational talent should be the expectation.
Harris drafted in 3rd round, Stevenson drafted in 4th. Both capable of being RB-1

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris drafted in 3rd round, Stevenson drafted in 4th. Both capable of being RB-1
But thats the Patriots in a nutshell. Bills drafts guys in rd3 and rd4 to be useful but not essential.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sure RBs hate it when a run heavy team who just drafted their future book ends tackles drafts them to be their workhorse stud RB.
...and doesn't have a worthwhile QB to keep the other team from stacking the box, with two other starting RB candidates already on the roster.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and doesn't have a worthwhile QB to keep the other team from stacking the box, with two other starting RB candidates already on the roster.
One of which is probably done with his career, the other one is always injured.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of which is probably done with his career, the other one is always injured.

Penny was huge down the stretch last year when he took over (except against the Rams); are they really going to just toss him aside?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penny was huge down the stretch last year when he took over (except against the Rams); are they really going to just toss him aside?
He only played 10 games last season, 3 the season before that and 10 the season before that. So the writings on the wall and I'm sure Walker is fine competing.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only played 10 games last season, 3 the season before that and 10 the season before that. So the writings on the wall and I'm sure Walker is fine competing.
Yeah, I dont see Walker having any issue overtaking Penny relative to other teams. Walker is in a good spot to produce right away

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Badie probably isnt quite as good as JK Dobbins but does slot into the same role. They lost Hollywood Brown and they were after Calvin Austin and didnt get him so maybe some more touches show up for the 5'9ish crowd on that team. Mizzou really hasnt been good at producing NFL talent lately but I think Badie has some handcuff potential especially if Dobbins isnt 100% to start camp. I wouldn't put him up with some of the other runners but there is some potential that he breaks through in a really good spot.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just saying that Carroll falls in and out of love with backs like every few games. I like Walker a lot, I think he is the best back in this draft, but that situation doesn't strike me as ideal. Maybe I will be wrong and the Seahawks will finally not ruin a highly drafted RB, but you gotta admit the track record is bleak.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of situations, Pierce with the Texans is likely to get a lot of carries. He has very little real competition.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad he didn’t go to the Eagles, then he would have had a chance to be the best Eva!!!

Don't confuse me with that other guy!