• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bronze Medal game coming on at 3:30pm EST on the NHL network.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four-in-a-row is encouraging but so equivocal for many of the reasons already posted. If Tortorella could somehow get the peeps who pay WTFC's salary to show him the door' that would really be a great step forward.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any reason to play the rest of the season? Just hand us the cup now and save every other team from getting embarrassed by this juggernaut that we call the 22-23 Flyers.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trivia: Who leads the league in points from players 23 and under?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to Kevin Hayes for being selected to the all star team.:clap:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to go crazy here, but we have a competitive team right now, folks. We've won four games in a row for the first time in nearly two years. We scored five goals in a period last night for the first time in over three years I believe they said.

I was finally able to watch last night's game and the youngsters no longer look like borderline Nhl players. They look like they belong. If Frost could play Arizona every single game, he'd be on pace for 164 points...Lol Others like Tippett, Allison and York look right at home too.

Again, we scored five goals in the second period to blow this game open and they were mostly tic-tac-toe, beautiful goals too. Incredible set play by Frost, DeAngelo and Konecny to open the scoring for us on the power play. Frost dumped it in and DeAngelo retrieved with speed to create basically a mini 2 on 1 with Konecny, who finished it easily.

We let Arizona come right back to take a 1-2 lead, but then just bvlew them away the rest of the period on goals by Farabee, Allision, Provorov and then Hayes again on the power play to lead 5-2 entering the third.

JvR netted the final goal late. He and Tippett had strong games and were rewarded finally with points. Frost drew an assist as well, his fourth of the game.

Anyway, at this rate, we might as well completely forget about tanking...Lol It sure as hell looks like Torts is working his magic on this squad and they are responding and growing together.

They showed a really encouraging stat at some point during the game. Basically, our youngsters are scoring at a higher rate over the last several weeks than that of any other team in the Nhl. Pretty shocking, really. I believe it was 37 points since December 21st, 5 more than any other team. Idk what the age cutoff for that was, but that's impressive regardless.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Travis Konecny right now!? He's missed 6 games due to injury, but still has 40 points in 33 games. This dude is still on pace for a 42-42-84 season. He has a 7 game point streak with 14 points in that stretch. Just scored his 20th goal this season and his career high for an entire season is 24.

It's just amazing what a change in coach and atmosphere can do to certain players. We would've said in the past that $5.5 million for Konecny was borderline overpayment and as of now, he's an absolute steal.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we get Ersson more playing time and showcase him as a good starter in the league. If we can do that while playing Hart and playing somewhat winning hockey it would make Ersson very good trade bait to anyone looking for a goalie.
IMO We need to get him at least 15 more starts to schowcase his talents and raise his trade value.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a 3 man all star game format how crazy is it that Hayes made the all star team over TK?

I hope TK gets voted in so get your phone out and start voting. They made it very easy to vote 10 times.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine a team with talent that plays this hard.
This is basically what I imagine if we had Couturier, Atkinson and Ellis 100% healthy. Still not a team that you'd expect to be a contender, but if the youngsters continue to grow, we may just fill holes from within the organization with time.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tortorella has this team of say mid-level players playing as a team and really beginning to gel in a system that features players who play hard. No more country-club atmosphere. Now if can just get rid that idiot WTFC!!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is basically what I imagine if we had Couturier, Atkinson and Ellis 100% healthy. Still not a team that you'd expect to be a contender, but if the youngsters continue to grow, we may just fill holes from within the organization with time.
I have given up hope of Ellis ever playing again, at least for the Flyers.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as the Flyers looked against the yotes, that is how overmatched they looked against the Leafs.

TK is the only legit top line player at this time (there are potential, but that doesn't count).
There is no real playmaker. There is no center who can win faceoffs. (remember the halcyon days of three and four centers winning over 50%).

They seem to have won enough to save Fletcher for now. Frankly, I may be alone, but I am getting tired of the Torts show. He is trying to coach a team from the early/mid 90's in 2023.

There is a decent foundation, but there are no Penthouse units. And there is no leadership off ice.

But, they did beat the yotes.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as the Flyers looked against the yotes, that is how overmatched they looked against the Leafs.

TK is the only legit top line player at this time (there are potential, but that doesn't count).
There is no real playmaker. There is no center who can win faceoffs. (remember the halcyon days of three and four centers winning over 50%).

They seem to have won enough to save Fletcher for now. Frankly, I may be alone, but I am getting tired of the Torts show. He is trying to coach a team from the early/mid 90's in 2023.

There is a decent foundation, but there are no Penthouse units. And there is no leadership off ice.

I give Torts props for doing this well with the shit hand he was dealt. Fletcher is the main person to be sick of. Nothing should be able to save Fletcher period.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. We're getting the exact result we all expected and feared most. A team that is too well coached to bottom out for good lottery odds and too limited talent-wise to even pretend to be in playoff contention.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You quickly forgot about Couts who IS a top line player and Atkinson who is a borderline top line player and hopefully Gauthier can be a top line player in a few years.
I have to disagree with you on Torts as if it weren't for him we would be last in points with the talent plus injuries he has to work with. We did play bad against Toronto yesterday but came very close to beating them last time out.
It wasn't Torts fault that Frost and Hart basically gave the game away yesterday.

Last edited: