• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Flyers: How about just less suck?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's our story in a nut shell: From Twitter

The Flyers are a bad team in cap trouble, so they need to attach a high draft pick to get out of cap trouble. Unfortunately, they already traded away a bunch of high draft picks in order to *become* a bad team in cap trouble.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Flyers are a bad team in cap trouble, so they need to attach a high draft pick to get out of cap trouble. Unfortunately, they already traded away a bunch of high draft picks in order to *become* a bad team in cap trouble.
Brilliant !

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We've gone past it's so bad it's funny to being so bad it's not even funny any more :(

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to NHL.com fletcher is quoted as saying they’re done. And were never in the discussion around Johnny Hockey because of their cap situation.

Wow - what a dreadful week.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can hope is the fans make this company feel the pain of losing money this season. I can no longer support them on any level, I am a full on Avs fan from here on out! Be a long time before I invest any time or money into anything related to this team and organization. Man how do you just go from bad to fucking the Coyotes in one off season?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to see the agony of defeat (a few of you will remember this line) watch this

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to Chuck’s press conference and the guy just sounds defeated. It’s like he just learned this week that the retool wasn’t going to work and just pulled back, signed a couple guys that will be the bad kind of entertaining, and will hope that will put enough butts in the seats to save his job. He spent half the time talking about getting better on D and it’s the same group except they added Deangelo who is the worst actual defender on the roster.

What on earth did they think they would be able to do when they held that press conference in January about retooling quickly?

Not the worst thing in the world to miss out on Gaudreau. At least it doesn’t prolong the suffering. And signing guys like Deslaurius who have a case to be the worst player in the league will help the tank. But damn, what a miss that January press conference was.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we just need to hope we end up drafting in the top 3 for 2023. Even still, we traded away that 2nd round pick. If Risto doesn't improve a lot under Torts, that really hurts.

Look for JvR, Sanheim and Braun to be dealt at the deadline for picks. Hopefully we get rewarded by the draft lottery for "trying" to win up until that point.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a fan of this team since before they won their first cup. I have never seen a Flyers team/from management to 4th line players, look so completely talentless and out of sync.
What is worse, I honestly felt that Torts could make them competitive with the right tweaks.

Let's look at this step by step.
1. The Flyers trade for DeAngelo and then sign him for 5 million AAV for two years
2. The Flyers buy out Lindblom and get a "bonus" $333,333 on top of the cap ceiling this coming year giving them over 3 mill in space.
3. The Flyers do not sign ANY of the RFA's they qualify
4. The Flyers do sign 4 marginal AHL players and Justin Braun exhausting the cap space they had in buying out Lindblom
5. The Flyers do not trade or buy out JvR.

At this time they are back to being over the cap, they still have all of the RFA's to deal with AND how will they become cap compliant with Cooter and Ellis and Farabee?

Every place you look there is reason for frustration and criticism.