• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance.

LOL.

You literally said earlier this week that Paul George wasn’t a max player for a contender and that other contenders would not be willing to pay him max $.

And the Clips (who are a contender) just re-upped for a full max with a year still remaining on his contract.

Other contending teams would have done the same if they had the cap space. Paul George is a top 15-20 player in the NBA and top 20 players get max contracts from contending teams, or whoever else is in the market for their services.

That is how NBA economics work.

Whether he is worth that contracts is another matter all together.

But you were clearly wrong.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The injuries are irrelevant if he's played great during the regular season, then ass come the playoffs.

PG being an elite player during the early portion of his career then being a lesser version of himself still stands.

Being an MVP candidate a few years ago doesn't mean dick when the last couple of years you've shrinked in the playoffs.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injuries are irrelevant if he's played great during the regular season, then ass come the playoffs.

PG being an elite player during the early portion of his career then being a lesser version of himself still stands.

Being an MVP candidate a few years ago doesn't mean dick when the last couple of years you've shrinked in the playoffs.
Playoff P !!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it's not like this was the first time he came up small in the playoffs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I seriously doubt it. They're paying Lebron $42.5 million per and they're paying AD $38 million per. I don't see them paying more per year for a player who has shown himself to be, at best, the 3rd option on a true contender.

I may be wrong, but I think the Clips are going to end up regretting giving him that kind of money.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah i agree but doesn't change the fact that he was in line for a max this year or next.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt it. They're paying Lebron $42.5 million per and they're paying AD $38 million per. I don't see them paying more per year for a player who has shown himself to be, at best, the 3rd option on a true contender.

I may be wrong, but I think the Clips are going to end up regretting giving him that kind of money.

Yeah i dont think they woukd do it with lebron on the team....now if lebron was elsewhere and it was just AD then hell yeah they'll offer him a max

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,531.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. I think they will too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

You literally said earlier this week that Paul George wasn’t a max player for a contender and that other contenders would not be willing to pay him max $.

And the Clips (who are a contender) just re-upped for a full max with a year still remaining on his contract.

Other contending teams would have done the same if they had the cap space. Paul George is a top 15-20 player in the NBA and top 20 players get max contracts from contending teams, or whoever else is in the market for their services.

That is how NBA economics work.

Whether he is worth that contracts is another matter all together.

But you were clearly wrong.

I also literally said the Clippers are the only true contenders dumb enough to offer him the max, other than a bottom feeder with cap space.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i dont think they woukd do it with lebron on the team....now if lebron was elsewhere and it was just AD then hell yeah they'll offer him a max

It would depend, imo.

As good as PG has been in the regular season, he has shown that he can't be depended on in the playoffs. If AD had shown himself to be a #1 on a contender (which he can't really do as long as Lebron is there and playing at a high level), then they might do it as long as it wouldn't prevent them from being able able to sign another max level player.

The one good thing that it looks like the Clippers did is that, at least part of it seems to be incentive based. If I understand the contract correctly, it's $190 million over 5 years, but can be as much as $226 million with whatever incentives/bonuses are in the contract.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is James Harden worth a max contract if he was a free agent this coming summer?