• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2021 March Madness Thread

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama was bricking free throws down the stretch badly.

I am not sure why they did not foul.

I guess UCLA had no timeouts and were worried about inbounding after any free throws.... but that is weak at best for not doing the obvious..

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak attempt at 0.4, should have baseball'd that bitch to the other rim, hope for a tip-in.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see why Jay Wright didn't want Quinerly. Selfish player

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a lucky ass and 1. LMAO. If this team beats Michigan, I think I'm going to throw up. Yes I know it can happen too.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck was that fade away 3

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only imagine if MSU didn't choke. They probably would be playing us in the Elite 8

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't play this team in OT Michigan

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA vs Michigan. That's just great. I do not want to see an OT forced.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this should be a good one. I got this going over 160.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Minnesota have one athlete that is on the Mt Rushmore of any sport?
Sure. Several of them.

Bronko Nagurski, one of the greatest football players in all of history. Was inducted into both the cfb and the NFL football's Hall of Fames in each of those Hall's first classes. The Defensive POY award in college football is named after him, and he is still the only player ever to make All-American at two positions in the same season. And it wasn't the only sport he dominated as he won World Titles in Pro Wrestling as well. He's on every football expert's Mt Rushmore of the pre-NFL era of football history.

Neal Broten, one of the greatest and most accomplished American hockey players of all time. Helped the Gophers win an NCAA Title in 1979 before helping the US Olympic team win a Gold Medal in 1980 and then won the very first Hobey Baker Award as chk's best player in 1981. He later became the first American player to score 100 points in an NHL Season, and he was also the first American to score a hat trick in the Stanley Cup Championship series. and he was the first American to get to 1000 games played in the NHL.

Dave Winfield is considered by many to be one of the most highly accomplished and acclaimed athletes of all time. Winfield was ranked as The 3rd greatest athlete of all time by ESPN in 2004. He pitched and played outfield for the Gophers, was a starter on their Big Ten title winning team, and was drafted by 4 professional sports leagues, the NFL, the ABA, the NBA and of course MLB. He was the Padre's first pick in the draft and later became their first player ever to get inducted into the Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility. The National Sports Review named Winfield their pick for #1 all-time Leftfielder and was also named as one of 28 players listed on the NCAA College World Series Legends team as he named the CWS MVP in 1973 even though his team did not win the Title.

ESPN.com: Page 2 : The best all-around athletes

Winfield was a 12 time MLB All-Star game player, was a 7 time Gold Glove winner and a 6 time Silver Slugger Award winner.

Or I could have named Paul Molitor, the only baseball player in history to get over 3000 hits, a career .300+ BA, 500+ steals and over 200 home runs, all while missing over 500 games throughout his career due to injuries. He is also just one of two players all time who got into the Hall of Fame and then went on to win Manager of the Year. I could go on about his 39 game hitting streak, his hitting .500 in the World Series, his earning a World Series MVP Award, and he made it onto the Major League Baseball All-Time team, too.

Major League Baseball All-Time Team - Wikipedia

Patty Berg was considered the best female golfer of all time and possibly still is? I believe she still holds the record for the most Major Tourney wins with 15, and at least 60 wins in total, and she was a founding member and the first president of the LPGA and was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame. She won AP Female Athlete of the Year in 1938 and 1943, she won the Vare Trophy in 1953, was the LPGA's leading money winner in 1954, and in 1955 she was the Vare Trophy winner, the LPGA's leading money winner and was named AP Female Athlete of the Year as well, for the 3rd time, and in 1956 again won the Vare Trophy and in 1957 again was the LPGA's leading money winner. In 1963 she was awarded the Bob Jones Award, and in 1978 the LPGA established the Patty Berg Award, and in 1990 she was awarded the Patty Berg Award. Yeah, so another former Gopher with an Award given out in their honor. Some believe she did more to promote the game of golf than anyone else in history, estimates are that she put on over 16.000 clinics and believes she may have gotten over half a million people hooked on the game of golf.

Lindsey Whalen, is the winningest WNBA player in history, ranks 1st all time in assists in the WNBA playoffs history, and 3rd all time in assists in WNBA regular season play, and she is also a two time Gold Medal winner as well.

I've already mentioned Verne Gagne and Brock Lesnar.

Fortune Gordien won back to back to back NCAA Discus Natl Titles before competing back to back to back Olympics.

Sarah Bacon just won back to back to back NCAA titles in 1 Meter Diving, and also won the 3 Meter Diving NCAA Natl title as well her senior season(2021)

I could come up with a list of AT LEAST FIVE women's hockey players who are recognized as among the best to ever to play the game, including Natalie Darwitz who played on 3 Olympic teams, and was named Captain of one of those teams, and her college teammate Krissy Wendell made it to two Olympics being named Caption of one of those, then there is Amanda Kessel, with 2 Olympic team appearances so far, and she might make another in 2022? She was the leading point scorer both times, I believe along with Nora Raty & Hannah Brandt.