• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see Lebron's first game in person?

Yes I did. When he played at St. Vincent's St. Mary's. :heh: Those mutha fuckin' cheaters! No BS. Back in the mid 90's the school I went to played St. V's in their backyard. We had the lead midway through the 4th quarter. My school shocked 'em by calling a pass play. That shit never happened. The St. V's defender fell down. And the damn lights in the stadium were turned off.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think we're going to the Asisn buffet and then bowling when the woman gets home. At least that is what she said when she came home for lunch.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played 13 games this year. Picking him over Luka is looking real dumb

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.

30 cases, obviously newsworthy as it would be unexpected to have that many. Plus, as you said, it would put the re-start in serious danger.

1-5 cases, not really newsworthy because it's probably about what was expected.

But zero cases? That wasn't expected. It seems newsworthy because obviously somebody's doing something right.

Why?

If the bubble is designed correctly, there should never be a positive case because players would never be exposed to anyone who has it.

For example, the TBT had zero cases after their initial test in.

That is how the bubble should work. Good news there was zero cases, but 0 should be the expectation.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

If the bubble is designed correctly, there should never be a positive case because players would never be exposed to anyone who has it.

For example, the TBT had zero cases after their initial test in.

That is how the bubble should work. Good news there was zero cases, but 0 should be the expectation.

My understanding is that it was the first testing in the bubble and they had zero positives. I doubt they expected that. In fact, if memory serves, they said they expect some positive tests.

Also, there are apparently Disney workers who are not in the bubble 24/7. So it also shows that whatever the protocol is that is supposed to keep the workers from infecting the players is being adhered to and appears to be working.

Going forward it wouldn't be news, but for the first testing? I doubt they expected 0.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably going to be their best shot in the next few years if we're being honest. The schedule is extremely favorable had they been healthy.

Spurs, Magic, Dallas, Brooklyn, NOP 2X (have to assume Zion miss at least one of those games), Houston, and Lakers. That Lakers game is the final game so no way should the Lakers play their top guys assuming they have the top seed locked up. IMO that is 5-6 winnable games which is what they would need to get into a 1 game playoffs with Memphis
Warriors will be better next year and most of the 10 teams at their record or better will be better than them still. Playoff drought could realistically reach 20 years if the Kings don't start making really good moves.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before this season I went to multiple Nuggets games every years since the '10-'11 season. And of course never missed a Celtics game.
That's a great streak, I'm assuming it would have continued had 2020 not been super messed up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I did. When he played at St. Vincent's St. Mary's. :heh: Those mutha fuckin' cheaters! No BS. Back in the mid 90's the school I went to played St. V's in their backyard. We had the lead midway through the 4th quarter. My school shocked 'em by calling a pass play. That shit never happened. The St. V's defender fell down. And the damn lights in the stadium were turned off.

Did Red Auerbach attend St. Vincent/St. Mary?

Because that's some serious Celtics level shit right there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that it was the first testing in the bubble and they had zero positives. I doubt they expected that. In fact, if memory serves, they said they expect some positive tests.

Also, there are apparently Disney workers who are not in the bubble 24/7. So it also shows that whatever the protocol is that is supposed to keep the workers from infecting the players is being adhered to and appears to be working.

Going forward it wouldn't be news, but for the first testing? I doubt they expected 0.

Correct.

Which was why I said they had a flawed plan way back when.

Because if they are getting positive tests every day, the season won’t finish.

They definitely expect a few positive tests along the road. They are most definitely not expecting a few positive tests every day.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct.

Which was why I said they had a flawed plan way back when.

Because if they are getting positive tests every day, the season won’t finish.

They definitely expect a few positive tests along the road. They are most definitely not expecting a few positive tests every day.

That's why I'm saying it's newsworthy. It was a better than expected result.

Starting off with zero tests is good and at the least, provides some confidence that this may work.

Still a long way to go...but a better than expected start.