• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 OTA's an beyond...

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn’t he the guy who threw scalding hot water or something on a relative and was also thrown out of a dance club for pissing on the middle of the floor?
IDK about peeing on the floor but yeah the hot water thing definitely happened. So he was not a nice fellow but dying at 39 still stinks.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He immediately went to Kraft and told him, "If Gronk is traded, I will retire." Kraft nixed any further trade talk.

Mike Felger had this as the main topic on NBCSB Sports Sunday last night.

Second lead was why Boston Celtics should pursue LeBron.

Third was JE and his possible suspension for PEDs and how everyone is trying to connect Alex Guerreo to the PEDs.

Good hour of sports talk. I was going to tape it on my phone and post it, but it's against federal law and I don't want to lose my house or my dog. Especially my 11 year old Shi-Tzu.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine was born on steroids. She's about the size of a terrier and weighs 26 lbs. Yours is one of those little cuddly ones.

upload_2018-6-11_18-22-43.jpeg

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
26lbs! Damn! Mine weighs 17lbs. He’s actually one of the bigger ones I’ve seen. Until I saw yours!(talking dogs here) :suds:

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Patriots WR Julian Edelman tested positive for unrecognizable substance

:wtf2:

Last week came word that the NFL had suspended New England Patriots receiver Julian Edelman for the first four games of the regular season for violating the league’s policy on performance-enhancing substances.

And while Edelman said on Instagram that he didn’t know what happened to get the failed test, a Monday report leaves all of us wondering what happened.

‘Substance wasn’t immediately recognizable’

Breer further writes that the test was taken a couple of months ago, during the offseason, which he surmises means it isn’t for a stimulant.

So what is it?
You have to think that the NFL and whatever testing service it uses know of hundreds of different substances, ones that would – and wouldn’t – trigger a positive test. So it seems really strange that Edelman reportedly tested positive for something that wasn’t recognized.

In the immediate aftermath of news of the suspension, there were some who wondered if Edelman’s working with Alex Guerrero, Tom Brady’s longtime “body coach” and friend, had anything to do with the failed test.

“Here at our facility, we take a natural, holistic, appropriate and, above all, legal approach to training and recovery for all of our clients. And anyone who would suggest otherwise is irresponsible, and just plain wrong.”

Did NFL overreact?
There’s one other question: if the substance is unrecognizable, as Breer was told, why did the NFL suspend Edelman for it? Are they assuming guilt first, and will reverse course later if it’s not found to be a performance-enhancer?

Edelman, who missed all of 2017 after suffering a torn ACL in the Patriots’ third preseason game, has appealed the suspension. The 32-year-old been taking part in the team’s offseason program, including last week’s mandatory minicamp.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Patriots WR Julian Edelman tested positive for unrecognizable substance

:wtf2:

Last week came word that the NFL had suspended New England Patriots receiver Julian Edelman for the first four games of the regular season for violating the league’s policy on performance-enhancing substances.

And while Edelman said on Instagram that he didn’t know what happened to get the failed test, a Monday report leaves all of us wondering what happened.

‘Substance wasn’t immediately recognizable’

Breer further writes that the test was taken a couple of months ago, during the offseason, which he surmises means it isn’t for a stimulant.

So what is it?
You have to think that the NFL and whatever testing service it uses know of hundreds of different substances, ones that would – and wouldn’t – trigger a positive test. So it seems really strange that Edelman reportedly tested positive for something that wasn’t recognized.

In the immediate aftermath of news of the suspension, there were some who wondered if Edelman’s working with Alex Guerrero, Tom Brady’s longtime “body coach” and friend, had anything to do with the failed test.

“Here at our facility, we take a natural, holistic, appropriate and, above all, legal approach to training and recovery for all of our clients. And anyone who would suggest otherwise is irresponsible, and just plain wrong.”

Did NFL overreact?
There’s one other question: if the substance is unrecognizable, as Breer was told, why did the NFL suspend Edelman for it? Are they assuming guilt first, and will reverse course later if it’s not found to be a performance-enhancer?

Edelman, who missed all of 2017 after suffering a torn ACL in the Patriots’ third preseason game, has appealed the suspension. The 32-year-old been taking part in the team’s offseason program, including last week’s mandatory minicamp.

It's the Patriots, the make this shit up on the go. After deflategate, they will find out what the substance was, add it to the list. Suspend JE and take a draft pick because he added another substance to the list and the NFL office had to update that list...

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why people can't believe that before the draft BB was looking at trading Gronk. He is the perfect player that BB trades. Contract, injury history, not sure about playing. I can def see this. Once Gronk committed to playing the trade talks were off.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why people can't believe that before the draft BB was looking at trading Gronk. He is the perfect player that BB trades. Contract, injury history, not sure about playing. I can def see this. Once Gronk committed to playing the trade talks were off.

It definitely makes sense that Belichick would be looking into it. I think it was Pete Carroll or the GM for the Seahawks that said they field hundreds if not thousands of calls about trades. Something like 98% of those lead to very little if nothing at all. So teams calling about Gronk I'm sure happen every year. Just because Belichick takes the call doesn't mean anything was absolutely close to happening, but also maybe there was more fire to it than people realized and the owner did step in to shut it down. This is why it is tough to stay on top in the NFL because relationships among ego driven people is hard to balance. The Pats have done it better than anybody else but even for them they will have moments of fighting/disagreeing.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If r=the substance that Edelman had in his system was not on the official banned list, the NFL CANNOT add it and suspend him. Lawyer on the radio was talking about that and said if the drug or substance is not on the list, then the league has no idea what the substance does or effects and would have to have experts test it. That test could take years.

He also said this..............Regardless of of what the substance is, the NFL has violated it's own policy and the CBA by releasing information. He said that Edelman has a legal case that he would file against the NFL for at least $1B to get their attention and make them find the person who leaked it.

I loved his final comment..............Edelman has a C-4 Molotov and the NFL lit the fuse.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If r=the substance that Edelman had in his system was not on the official banned list, the NFL CANNOT add it and suspend him. Lawyer on the radio was talking about that and said if the drug or substance is not on the list, then the league has no idea what the substance does or effects and would have to have experts test it. That test could take years.

He also said this..............Regardless of of what the substance is, the NFL has violated it's own policy and the CBA by releasing information. He said that Edelman has a legal case that he would file against the NFL for at least $1B to get their attention and make them find the person who leaked it.

I loved his final comment..............Edelman has a C-4 Molotov and the NFL lit the fuse.
Oh no not another Patriot/NFL lawsuit.
But I agree, even if they find out it does enhance performance if it wasn't on the list it's not illegal.
NFL will institute the "Edelman" rule.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I’ll just tell you it’s a bunch of hogwash that I vetoed some trade [involving Gronkowski]. That was never in the works. It’s just completely made up . . . and I think we have to be careful in society, people just can’t come out and say things. This bit about us trading Gronk to the 49ers or Tennessee, there’s no basis to it and it gets a life of its own. I just want to go on record to make sure you all understand there’s no truth to that.” - Robert Kraft

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where are these Boston radio people finding these lawyers you always comment about? Whatever they say is so far from the truth of reality that it just blows my mind. How did that last lawsuit for Brady work out?

Plus unless Edelman can actually prove that the league are the ones who released the information then he has absolutely no case. It could just as very easily been someone in the Patriots organization. Leaks have been flowing out of Foxboro all year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are these Boston radio people finding these lawyers you always comment about? Whatever they say is so far from the truth of reality that it just blows my mind. How did that last lawsuit for Brady work out?

Plus unless Edelman can actually prove that the league are the ones who released the information then he has absolutely no case. It could just as very easily been someone in the Patriots organization. Leaks have been flowing out of Foxboro all year.
CD as part of the media you certainly realize that all the "leaks" have been #fakenews and or unsubstantiated?

Now as far as when/who released the information both the NFL and their testing agency reported Edelman had tested positive for a banned substance correct? Now they're trying to do damage control by saying they're not sure if it was a banned PED. That sounds like a defamation case to me. But I'm just an armchair lawyer.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD as part of the media you certainly realize that all the "leaks" have been #fakenews and or unsubstantiated?

Now as far as when/who released the information both the NFL and their testing agency reported Edelman had tested positive for a banned substance correct? Now they're trying to do damage control by saying they're not sure if it was a banned PED. That sounds like a defamation case to me. But I'm just an armchair lawyer.

The NFL and Testing facility didn't release any information until after all the news had already broke. At that point there was no reason to cover anything up. So if he is going to go after anyone it would be whoever leaked the info in the first place to the media.

As for what is fake news and not of course NFL teams are going to cover up anything that gets leaked that they can. There is a lot going on behind closed doors that we as fans would be in shock about. I have connections within the Broncos in quite a few places and you would not believe some of the stories I hear from people directly in the situation itself. So while it won't be confirmed by the team I'm sure there is some fire to the whole Belichick and Brady/Gronk/Kraft rift.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I mentioned before about Shaq Mason being the surprise trade during camp. After the signing of Martin in Dallas, where do you all stand now? I still think it might happen cause there is no way they are going to come close. I am not saying he will get close to Martin money, but he will be worth more than NE is willing to pay. Do they move Thuney over the RG if Mason goes? Or do they play it out with him and find his replacement in next yr draft?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CD, you're part of this. You work for 147 and everyday, I get a new release about at least one Patriot from 247. The media is so determined to be 1st with any news, that they no longer vett their sources, they just put it out there. Like the media, why does Edelman have to prove anything? Just sue thew NFL and make them prove their innocence, sorta like Edelman has to do. The patriot hate is so prevelant in this country that anything even sighs that is negative and involves the Patriots or it's players is orgasmic for any non-Patriot fan.

As far as lawyers go, the Boston radio stations until recently had Michael McMann, Professor of Sports law at UNH who was readily available. Sports Illustrated signed him as their in house sports legal expert and he can't be on the radio because SI can't be recognized constantly. He does appear on Boston Sports Tonight quite often and SI is blow him on the screen throughout.
The radio stations have found reliable, smart people who can comment about the legal aspect of things and will stand behind their comments. And where did you get your law degree that places you on a higher level of law expertise than these lawyers?? Second question, What is the "Truth of Reality?" Is there a reality that is false??