• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 OTA's an beyond...

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought we'd start a new thread with OTA's and camp coming up.

-Anyone know anything about Mitchell? He didn't partake in today's activities, has he been out there at all?

-Scar laid into Brown and Wynn who were at LT & LG (no Thuney) and then sent them to the sidelines after that. Tobin been getting a lot of reps at LT.

-No Britt today, and Brady targeted him down the sidelines deep a few times yesterday.

I know it just OTA's....but it's something to talk about.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman is appealing. Supposedly everything he's taken was prescribed by an MD. Urine tests are pretty accurate and generally a PED is a PED. Who knows?

Britt could not finish the practice Wednesday and grabbed his hammy before he left the field.

Mitchell is a mystery. I saw him walking around during practice on the clips I've seen. Have not seen him running.

Jordan Matthews is supposedly having a really good camp, but I haven't seen him on the clips either.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF Jules...LOL. It sucks, but I don't think it will slow this offense down. Guys like Britt, Dorsett, Matthews and Berrios will all benefit from TB having to look their way. The biggest guy to benefit IMO will be Matthews. We also have Gronk who can still beat a double team and it looks like Hollister has made a significant jump in yr 2, and seems to have the lock on the #2 TE spot. White, Rex, Sony, will all make up for it in the passing game. Britt hurt his hammy, but TB was looking his way in these sessions. Don't forget Patterson who has showed up. This WR group is pretty deep and talented, going to be a good battle. Mitchell was seen on the lower filed working out..so at least he is there.

Seems JC Jackson has been getting a ton of reps opposite Gilmore and is making the most of it with tight coverage on Patterson, Hogan and others. I think he had 3 pass break ups in a row at one point. Kind of weird not seeing JMC and Rowe out opposite Gilmore, but this is BB seeing what he has before camp. Reports are JMC has been just watching the 7 on 7 drills and 11 on 11 drills, but is doing everything else. HT liking what he is seeing from Flores and AC has picked up the def already.

Something I took from the article about Flores is that HT mentioned ""Things are a little bit more simple, but it's still a little bit different, and guys are learning bits and pieces of the defense." What was Matty P doing that made things "not simple"

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman is appealing. Supposedly everything he's taken was prescribed by an MD. Urine tests are pretty accurate and generally a PED is a PED. Who knows?

Britt could not finish the practice Wednesday and grabbed his hammy before he left the field.

Mitchell is a mystery. I saw him walking around during practice on the clips I've seen. Have not seen him running.

Jordan Matthews is supposedly having a really good camp, but I haven't seen him on the clips either.
Yeah but they all say that. " Everything I took was prescribed"... No one believes that at least it seems a common response, who can prove what he was taking on the side? As you said tests are pretty accurate it's a real pisser I get it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It could have been prescribed by a doctor. There is a list of off-limit prescriptions for the players to check. They are not all PEDS. Some are on there because they cause a false-positive. Example of what not to take? Poppy seeds will give you a false-positive for opiods. (bad example but all I got)

These 15 Medications Can Cause a False Positive on Drug Tests

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are NFL doctors that all of these players are supposed to call before taking anything even if it is prescribed by another doctor. If they do not do that then the league doesn't really care if another MD was the one to do it. They want the players to take responsibility for what they put in their body.

A Colts player went through this not too long ago. He and his wife were trying to get pregnant and he took something the doctor prescribed for it and well it meant him getting a 4-game ban for PED's. So even if it was ok'd my guess is his appeal will fall on deaf ears.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny isn't iut? Nfl doesn't want players taking anything that they don't know about. If they do it's an automatic suspension.

Yet..............................

The NFL was sued by former players for CTE and other injuries. The NFL is not paying most claims because they say many of them are fake. I was watching a program on HBO that interviewed players and their families and these guys are a friggin' mess. Some can't even remember what they had for breakfast and the NFL is denying claims.

A second class action suit is about to be filed by players who have been refused benefits. Once half of these guys get in front of a jury, the NFL will be history. The suit is rumored to be for
$1,000,000,000,000. That's trillion not billion. According to the runor, each owner is individually named. Guess there will be 31 broke former team owners if this thing gets legs.

My guess is that a few owners may get together and threaten Goodell to change the group overseeing the funds and pay the guys or Goodell could be out of a job. Either way, the owners are not going to take another kick to the groin.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are NFL doctors that all of these players are supposed to call before taking anything even if it is prescribed by another doctor. If they do not do that then the league doesn't really care if another MD was the one to do it. They want the players to take responsibility for what they put in their body.

A Colts player went through this not too long ago. He and his wife were trying to get pregnant and he took something the doctor prescribed for it and well it meant him getting a 4-game ban for PED's. So even if it was ok'd my guess is his appeal will fall on deaf ears.

understood.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Busy day...off the field. Damn.

I think Gronk was on the block before the draft an meeting. There were rumors about it at the time. Once BB got the commitment, the trade was off. I also think TB caught wind of this and did threaten to retire. He has seen BB get rid of a few weapons that he wanted to keep. No way he was going to let Gronk get traded. IMO, I think RK stepped in again to protect Brady and made sure that was it on the trading of Gronk. I think he is here till TB walks away, one of them goes next yr. My guess, it's BB.

No Brady at the next set of OTA's......

Lots of talk about Jackson at the other CB spot...things are going to heat up for this CB group.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Busy day...off the field. Damn.

I think Gronk was on the block before the draft an meeting. There were rumors about it at the time. Once BB got the commitment, the trade was off. I also think TB caught wind of this and did threaten to retire. He has seen BB get rid of a few weapons that he wanted to keep. No way he was going to let Gronk get traded. IMO, I think RK stepped in again to protect Brady and made sure that was it on the trading of Gronk. I think he is here till TB walks away, one of them goes next yr. My guess, it's BB.

No Brady at the next set of OTA's......

Lots of talk about Jackson at the other CB spot...things are going to heat up for this CB group.

Hard to believe Patriots fans falling for the rumors.
The sky is falling!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the facts from Boston Sports Tonight:

Prior to the 2018 NFL Draft, Belichick was talking to the Titans and the 49ers (For Sure) and possibly others about a trade for Gronkowski. Nothing was in stone, but the 49ers appeared to be ready to unload a pile of picks AND a couple of players.

Brady somehow caught wind of it. Brady met with Kraft wand basically said the he would retire if Gronk was traded. Kraft nixed the trade talk.

Like it or not, believe it or not, the fact remains that when Belichick was forced to trade JG, the chasm began to widen. BB got pissed that his authority was being undermined and he wanted Gronk gone to break the wall of power that Brady and Gronk have. BB also has to worry about Josh McDaniel. Kraft talked him into staying with the Patriots rather than going to the Colts. He had to have promised him something, like the Head Coach job when BB decided to call it quits. That and he got the salary that the Colts were going to give him.

Fast Forward to June 9th.............................Belichick has been stripped of the Total Authorian Power. Brady is the Controller. Brady was was really pissed that BB didn't do what was best for the team by holding Malcolm Butler out of the Super Bowl and took that to Kraft. Kraft wouldn't fire BB, but it's rumored that Bill was told that he wasn't ever to let his ego get in the way of winning a game or he was done. Hence wanted to break up the new power triangle of Brady, Gronki and Josh. hat he found out was that Kraft is the Final Authorian Power and he signs the checks on the multi billion dollar Patriots train.

Belichick is still HC, Josh is OC, Brady is the QB and Gronk the TE. Brady and Gronk not attending the Voluntary OTAs was nothing more than them telling Belichick that they know he is no longer the last word and that Kraft listens to his meal ticket and the guy (Brady) who has won 5 of 8 Super Bowls on the field of play.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back to April 3, 2018

in the Thread AFTERMATH......................

@YankeeRebel reported that there a rumor that Gronk was being traded.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the facts from Boston Sports Tonight:

Prior to the 2018 NFL Draft, Belichick was talking to the Titans and the 49ers (For Sure) and possibly others about a trade for Gronkowski. Nothing was in stone, but the 49ers appeared to be ready to unload a pile of picks AND a couple of players.

Brady somehow caught wind of it. Brady met with Kraft wand basically said the he would retire if Gronk was traded. Kraft nixed the trade talk.

Like it or not, believe it or not, the fact remains that when Belichick was forced to trade JG, the chasm began to widen. BB got pissed that his authority was being undermined and he wanted Gronk gone to break the wall of power that Brady and Gronk have. BB also has to worry about Josh McDaniel. Kraft talked him into staying with the Patriots rather than going to the Colts. He had to have promised him something, like the Head Coach job when BB decided to call it quits. That and he got the salary that the Colts were going to give him.

Fast Forward to June 9th.............................Belichick has been stripped of the Total Authorian Power. Brady is the Controller. Brady was was really pissed that BB didn't do what was best for the team by holding Malcolm Butler out of the Super Bowl and took that to Kraft. Kraft wouldn't fire BB, but it's rumored that Bill was told that he wasn't ever to let his ego get in the way of winning a game or he was done. Hence wanted to break up the new power triangle of Brady, Gronki and Josh. hat he found out was that Kraft is the Final Authorian Power and he signs the checks on the multi billion dollar Patriots train.

Belichick is still HC, Josh is OC, Brady is the QB and Gronk the TE. Brady and Gronk not attending the Voluntary OTAs was nothing more than them telling Belichick that they know he is no longer the last word and that Kraft listens to his meal ticket and the guy (Brady) who has won 5 of 8 Super Bowls on the field of play.

I knew there was a rift in New England and nobody believed me LOL. Wonder how this will play out this season.