• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 is a Defining Year for the Steelers

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like we have found ourselves in a familiar positions once again Steeler Nation...

Anyone care to play armchair GM and tell us what you'd do to fix this mess?

Step 1. Tomlin needs to let Butler do his job. We've beat around the bush with this for years, but the same shell defenses keep appearing. I'm tired of these defensive schemes biting them in the ass and everyone blames "execution". Give me a fucking break. If a crackhead smoked his kneecaps off do we blame the pipe or Timmy? Timmy's the one that's gotta make the god damn decision to wake up and smell the coffee. I hope you guys get what I mean with that. lol. And the schemes in question are the dropping 7-8 into zone coverage while rushing only 2-4 guys. If Butler wants to save his job, then he needs to be given the opportunity to do so. Quit fucking with the program Tomlin. If it isn't Tomlin, then Butler needs to go. No excuse for that lame duck defense being used... ever.

Step 2. Tomlin needs to focus on bringing this group together as a coach and not keeping his hands in the coordinator's cookie pots. I'm not expecting miracles, but he needs to find a way to rally the guys and get them focused. Talk is cheap. Time to get the job done or get the hell out. Anyone hindering that process needs to be made an example of. Ben, AB, you name it. Maybe its time to pull off that Le'Veon trade no matter the cost. Make a statement. If you aren't with us, you are against us. This needs to be a team, not a playground. I don't care who you are or what you've accomplished.

Step 3. FFS can somebody please get us a new punter? I'll start a gofundme if we need to import some central american soccer player to get the job done. Better yet, there's that new International Pathway Program or whatever the fuck its called. Let's kick that TE rugby dude to the curb and bring in a leg.

Step 4. Can somebody start sending me a weekly supply of Iron City Light?

Like I said in the OP, 2018 is going to be a defining year for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Right now, we are being defined by a tie with the Cleveland Browns and how our defense couldn't stop a rookie QB.

For me, this goes back to the draft. Terrell Edmunds? When there are so many other BETTER guys at the SAME position available? Or so many other better guys at other positions of need? We need to learn to draft better in the 1st round. Every other round, we seem to find the best guy, but for some reason, we can't draft as good in the first round. Watt was a fucking gold mine. No doubt about it. But Edmunds, Burns, Dupree and Jarvis Jones were all drafted in the 1st in the last 6 years and they all either underachieved or are currently underachieving.

This FO needs to start making better decisions in every aspect, which includes fucking contract negotiations. Honestly, we should've cut ties with Le'Veon as soon as he started talking shit on social media. Have no time for that, you know why? Because your fans have no fucking time for that. Us fans, we know we don't have Ben Roethlisberger for too much longer. The FO doesn't seem to under-fucking-stand that. You can draft for the future while still doing what's necessary to win in the present. The FO doesn't seem to under-fucking-stand that. I can't pinpoint where we went wrong. But it starts with fundamentals of being a professional football player in today's NFL.

Step 1: Mike Tomlin and his coaching staff need to sit down and figure out how they are gonna right this ship and they need to do it today because we have, what now is, a very tough schedule before the bye. At Tampa, then we host Baltimore and Atlanta, they At Cincinnati. If we aren't careful, we could enter the bye week at 0-5-1, and we still have to play Jacksonville, New England and New Orleans later in the year. We are headed down a very dark road if we don't fix the shit now.

Step 2: Stop trusting the draft to fix the defense. It's obviously not working when 2 1st round picks out of the last 6 have really done much of anything (Watt, Shazier). It's time to dive deep into free agency or work out some trades for LEGIT defensive beasts. Jon Bostic, not gonna do it. Morgan Burnett, who we're paying $5 mill a season, not gonna do it. Joe Haden, not working out. An aging vet not working out? Who would've thought that?

Step 3: We need to fix the RB situation. Are we trying to sign Le'Veon Bell? If so, pay him his money. He's obviously not budging on that. If not, then release or trade him away and focus on building up the potential of James Conner. He looked great against the Browns. He looked like a shit pile against the Chiefs. We can't rely on a running game that is hot and cold.

Step 4: Figure out who is gonna take over for Ben. Is it gonna be Mason or Dobbs? If it's Mason, make him QB2. If not, put Mason on the PS. 3 QBs on the roster all year long really doesn't make any sense to me. If Ben is hurt, bring one up for that game.

Step 5: Require all players to only address questions pertaining to the game currently being played or the next game on the schedule. All this distraction about Le'Veon, I believe, is hurting this team. Just like the distraction of the questions last year about a AFC CG rematch with New England before we even got onto the field to play Jacksonville. Just like the distractions of James Harrison getting cut last year. Too many distractions = Not enough focus on the current game. Get that shit under control.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the culture that Tomlin has created... A cast of self-entitled assholes

DnQmDLGXcAALFw8.jpg

DnQmDLDX4AMEtuc.jpg

Jesus Christ.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in the OP, 2018 is going to be a defining year for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Right now, we are being defined by a tie with the Cleveland Browns and how our defense couldn't stop a rookie QB.

For me, this goes back to the draft. Terrell Edmunds? When there are so many other BETTER guys at the SAME position available? Or so many other better guys at other positions of need? We need to learn to draft better in the 1st round. Every other round, we seem to find the best guy, but for some reason, we can't draft as good in the first round. Watt was a fucking gold mine. No doubt about it. But Edmunds, Burns, Dupree and Jarvis Jones were all drafted in the 1st in the last 6 years and they all either underachieved or are currently underachieving.

This FO needs to start making better decisions in every aspect, which includes fucking contract negotiations. Honestly, we should've cut ties with Le'Veon as soon as he started talking shit on social media. Have no time for that, you know why? Because your fans have no fucking time for that. Us fans, we know we don't have Ben Roethlisberger for too much longer. The FO doesn't seem to under-fucking-stand that. You can draft for the future while still doing what's necessary to win in the present. The FO doesn't seem to under-fucking-stand that. I can't pinpoint where we went wrong. But it starts with fundamentals of being a professional football player in today's NFL.

Step 1: Mike Tomlin and his coaching staff need to sit down and figure out how they are gonna right this ship and they need to do it today because we have, what now is, a very tough schedule before the bye. At Tampa, then we host Baltimore and Atlanta, they At Cincinnati. If we aren't careful, we could enter the bye week at 0-5-1, and we still have to play Jacksonville, New England and New Orleans later in the year. We are headed down a very dark road if we don't fix the shit now.

Step 2: Stop trusting the draft to fix the defense. It's obviously not working when 2 1st round picks out of the last 6 have really done much of anything (Watt, Shazier). It's time to dive deep into free agency or work out some trades for LEGIT defensive beasts. Jon Bostic, not gonna do it. Morgan Burnett, who we're paying $5 mill a season, not gonna do it. Joe Haden, not working out. An aging vet not working out? Who would've thought that?

Step 3: We need to fix the RB situation. Are we trying to sign Le'Veon Bell? If so, pay him his money. He's obviously not budging on that. If not, then release or trade him away and focus on building up the potential of James Conner. He looked great against the Browns. He looked like a shit pile against the Chiefs. We can't rely on a running game that is hot and cold.

Step 4: Figure out who is gonna take over for Ben. Is it gonna be Mason or Dobbs? If it's Mason, make him QB2. If not, put Mason on the PS. 3 QBs on the roster all year long really doesn't make any sense to me. If Ben is hurt, bring one up for that game.

Step 5: Require all players to only address questions pertaining to the game currently being played or the next game on the schedule. All this distraction about Le'Veon, I believe, is hurting this team. Just like the distraction of the questions last year about a AFC CG rematch with New England before we even got onto the field to play Jacksonville. Just like the distractions of James Harrison getting cut last year. Too many distractions = Not enough focus on the current game. Get that shit under control.
I don't think talent is really the biggest issue, but I get what you're saying. I just think there are bigger fish to fry than going after talent.

I've said it before, but you could put a Pro-Bowl roster on that field in place of the defense and run those silly ass schemes and still get the same result.

And now I'm growing on the notion that you could even give Tomlin a full roster of 53 pro-bowlers and he would still find a way to squander it.

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The Practice Squad doesn't work like that. You put Mason on the PS and consider him gone. That's why it was idiotic to draft him while the defense is a big pile of shit.

You have 2 players on defense that are worth anything (Watt & Heyward)

Stephen Tuitt (did he join the Fantastic Four as the Invisible Man?)
Dud Dupree (worthless, absolutely worthless. If Russ keeps his girl in the Chiefs backfield Dud won't be anywhere near her)
Burns (waste of yet another #1 but appropriately named)
Burnett (another waste of 5M)
Williams is exposed without playmakers around him
Edmunds looks lost
Hilton doesn't look like the same player

It's going to be a long season but I for one cannot wait until Ben retires. It's obvious Coach Cliche cannot win with talent. Lets see what he can do without it. We are going to see some dark years like we haven't seen in almost 50 years. The 80's were bad but Noll kept them competitive without much talent in a good division. Cowher won with the likes of (O'Donnell, Brister, Graham, Stewart, Miller). Be prepared for some 4 win seasons on the horizon. They are coming. This team has so many holes they won't know where to start to fix it.

The reason it was dumb to draft Mason was that if Ben plays 2 more years they won't even get the advantage of having a starter on a rookie deal for long. They have him cheap for 4 years and then will have to commit big $$$ to retain him on a second deal. Ben will play as long as he wants to play. They won't cut him.

They need to fire Tomlin and Butler. Tomlin has lost this team. Virtually all of the veteran leadership he inherited is gone. Just look at how Harrison blasted him. All the crap he pulled and got away with. Total lack of discipline.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think talent is really the biggest issue, but I get what you're saying. I just think there are bigger fish to fry than going after talent.

I've said it before, but you could put a Pro-Bowl roster on that field in place of the defense and run those silly ass schemes and still get the same result.

And now I'm growing on the notion that you could even give Tomlin a full roster of 53 pro-bowlers and he would still find a way to squander it.
I agree, Schemes and game plans are the biggest issues along with no ability to adjust in-game to what the other team is doing. How can 1 vet CB being out cause the whole D to play like shit? The obvious answer is schemes and game plans, of course.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Schemes and game plans are the biggest issues along with no ability to adjust in-game to what the other team is doing. How can 1 vet CB being out cause the whole D to play like shit? The obvious answer is schemes and game plans, of course.

It's not just 1 vet CB being injured.
It's the fact that all of our CBs are trash.
It's the fact that Morgan Burnett is looking like a huge waste of $5 mil.
It's the fact that Haden is an aging vet whose best years were way behind him by the time we signed him.
It's the fact that we let 6 teams rush for 100+ yards on us last year. We've let the first two teams we've faced do that already this year.
Our 3rd down rushing defense is complete garbage. We are allowing 12 ypc on 3rd downs. Our defense is lights out in the 2nd quarter. Only allowing 85 yards of total offense in the 2nd quarter, but once we get back on the field, we go back to being garbage. We've allowed almost 300 yards of total offense in the 3rd quarter.

Our entire defense needs an overload or a real change real quick because we are in for a rude awakening next week in Tampa if we don't do something now.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin should ban all the players from Social Media because apparently, they aren't capable of knowing how to act on these platforms.

He's not acting like a goddamned coach. James Harrison hit the nail on the head. Spent much of his career under Tomlin, goes and sees how Hoodie runs things, and realizes what a pussy footing bitch we have that lets the inmates run the asylum.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see all these millionaires are lashing out on social media at their critics after they got embarrassed. Real mature group we got here.

This locker-room is unhinged & headed towards certain doom.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great... Let's just keep adding insult to injury.

The circus continues.

That is exactly what it is. The Circus. It's complete fucking bullshit. Bell, Harrison, Brown, Dupree, it's a fucking embarrassment.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is exactly what it is. The Circus. It's complete fucking bullshit. Bell, Harrison, Brown, Dupree, it's a fucking embarrassment.
Tomlin & Co better get a fucking lid on this shitshow before they implode. It's quickly spiraling out of control.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin & Co better get a fucking lid on this shitshow before they implode. It's quickly spiraling out of control.

I am quickly losing patience for this team and it's constant distractions and bullshit that is created within the Steelers locker room and the organization. My fandom for the Steelers has been teetering on the edge for the last few years. This childish bullshit on fucking Twitter needs to be put to an end. Where the fuck is Coach Tomlin to nip this in the bud?!?!

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's better if Tomlin can't...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooooooo..... Jordan Berry is still somehow employed. I'm not entirely convinced this FO is still in win-now mode.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like we have found ourselves in a familiar position once again Steeler Nation...

Anyone care to play armchair GM and tell us what you'd do to fix this mess?

Step 1. Tomlin needs to let Butler do his job. We've beat around the bush with this for years, but the same shell defenses keep appearing. I'm tired of these defensive schemes biting them in the ass and everyone blames "execution". Give me a fucking break. If a crackhead smoked his kneecaps off do we blame the pipe or Timmy? Timmy's the one that's gotta make the god damn decision to wake up and smell the coffee. I hope you guys get what I mean with that. lol. And the schemes in question are the dropping 7-8 into zone coverage while rushing only 2-4 guys. If Butler wants to save his job, then he needs to be given the opportunity to do so. Quit fucking with the program Tomlin. If it isn't Tomlin, then Butler needs to go. No excuse for that lame duck defense being used... ever.

Step 2. Tomlin needs to focus on bringing this group together as a coach and not keeping his hands in the coordinator's cookie pots. I'm not expecting miracles, but he needs to find a way to rally the guys and get them focused. Talk is cheap. Time to get the job done or get the hell out. Anyone hindering that process needs to be made an example of. Ben, AB, you name it. Maybe its time to pull off that Le'Veon trade no matter the cost. Make a statement. If you aren't with us, you are against us. This needs to be a team, not a playground. I don't care who you are or what you've accomplished.

Step 3. FFS can somebody please get us a new punter? I'll start a gofundme if we need to import some central american soccer player to get the job done. Better yet, there's that new International Pathway Program or whatever the fuck its called. Let's kick that TE rugby dude to the curb and bring in a leg.

Step 4. Can somebody start sending me a weekly supply of Iron City Light?

Step 1,2, and 3 are all moot.....Because of Tomlin.

Step 4, get your own damn beer.

:suds:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously......

WTF makes this a defining year????

This year is no Fuckin different than the last 4......

Defining.....for fuck sake