• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that went so badly that very little can be determined from it. First lesson would be don't throw to Demarco. If that first INT doesn't happen, I wonder how the rest of the game would've gone. Peterman had the Bills moving, although losing Benjamin immediately surely didn't help (after a very nice throw). Two INTs followed while getting hit, just bad luck where they fell. The last two were poor judgement by Peterman, but he was likely shell-shocked by then.

Of course, Tyrod comes in and plays OK (other than the fumble-6), but with the game already out of reach (basically a full half of garbage time as San Diego maintained their 30 pt lead throughout).

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that went so badly that very little can be determined from it. First lesson would be don't throw to Demarco. If that first INT doesn't happen, I wonder how the rest of the game would've gone. Peterman had the Bills moving, although losing Benjamin immediately surely didn't help (after a very nice throw). Two INTs followed while getting hit, just bad luck where they fell. The last two were poor judgement by Peterman, but he was likely shell-shocked by then.

Of course, Tyrod comes in and plays OK (other than the fumble-6), but with the game already out of reach (basically a full half of garbage time as San Diego maintained their 30 pt lead throughout).

Which just goes to show that Taylor had nothing to do with our problems and maybe something to do with our success.

Jordan Mills and Preston Brown are useless. Yet they don't get benched. Taylor isn't a good pocket passer because we have no pocket. And now our offense has to put up 50+ to keep up. Our front seven has been exposed.

What a joke. Like a 5th round rookie is gonna be the catapult to get us into the playoffs. Of all the good things McDermott has done thus far, this eliminates that progress. If this didn't split up the locker room, I'll be surprised.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which just goes to show that Taylor had nothing to do with our problems and maybe something to do with our success.

Jordan Mills and Preston Brown are useless. Yet they don't get benched. Taylor isn't a good pocket passer because we have no pocket. And now our offense has to put up 50+ to keep up. Our front seven has been exposed.

What a joke. Like a 5th round rookie is gonna be the catapult to get us into the playoffs. Of all the good things McDermott has done thus far, this eliminates that progress. If this didn't split up the locker room, I'll be surprised.

I disagree with your take on Taylor. He holds back this offense by never trusting his receivers to make a play. This seems to be a common complaint with running QBs (like Kaep, Hundley, etc); they never throw with anticipation. They wait for a guy to come open before making the throw, instead of throwing with anticipation and trusting the play. He's like a rev limiter for the offense.

Mills and Brown should be benched, but for who? Bills need Glenn healthy so that Dawkins can finally take over RT. Vallejo is Brown's backup at MLB on the depth chart, and that's a scary proposition. Bills would need to instead move Milano (or Humber) inside.

I really doubt anyone with any common sense was expecting Peterman to "catapult" this team to the playoffs. This team has regressed horribly even before Nate's horrible performance, with that defense simply disappearing without the unsustainable turnover ratio they had early on. Starting Peterman was about understanding this team is incredibly unlikely to make the playoffs even by staying the course with Tyrod and is looking to next year.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with your take on Taylor. He holds back this offense by never trusting his receivers to make a play. This seems to be a common complaint with running QBs (like Kaep, Hundley, etc); they never throw with anticipation. They wait for a guy to come open before making the throw, instead of throwing with anticipation and trusting the play. He's like a rev limiter for the offense.

Mills and Brown should be benched, but for who? Bills need Glenn healthy so that Dawkins can finally take over RT. Vallejo is Brown's backup at MLB on the depth chart, and that's a scary proposition. Bills would need to instead move Milano (or Humber) inside.

I really doubt anyone with any common sense was expecting Peterman to "catapult" this team to the playoffs. This team has regressed horribly even before Nate's horrible performance, with that defense simply disappearing without the unsustainable turnover ratio they had early on. Starting Peterman was about understanding this team is incredibly unlikely to make the playoffs even by staying the course with Tyrod and is looking to next year.

A decision not to be made in week 11 sitting at 5-4.

Taylor isn't great. But he has led this team as a top 12 offense. I agree with you on his short comings, but week 11 shouldn't have been the breaking point. Not for a 5th round rookie. Plenty of time in December to get a look at him, if that 5-4 turned to 5-8. The only thing it accomplished was dividing the locker room.

As for the back up MLB or RT? I don't care. They can't be worse. Gambling on those changes doesn't have the same effect as a QB change.

Ridiculous move. I take Taylor over Peterman any day... but especially with no O line.

Todd Collins, Alex Van Pelt, Rob Johnson, Doug Flutie, Drew Bledsoe, JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, EJ Manuel, Thad Lewis, Kyle Orton.

When Orton is the best on that list, there's a problem. You don't bench the best QB in 20 years at 5-4, when he is not the problem.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with respect to your assessment of Taylor and anticipation throws, I can say I agree... sort of. The man has been throwing to Brandon Tates and Justin Hunters and Marquise Goodwins for two years. Under different OC's. Including a new one this year, with a whole new group of WR. Let the man get comfortable and work around his short comings. When Sammy was healthy, they were deadly. Deadly. When Woods was healthy and given the chance, they worked very well together before he blew his knee out. Clay has been in and out, and looking back, that combination has been the most obvious of Taylor's lack of anticipation. Something a workable O line and a steady coaching staff/OC would help progress, imo.

Sure, he "needs" a good D and a good running game to flourish... so did Russell Wilson until his steady coaching staff and workable O line let him succeed.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've got some recommendations for who we should start at right guard and right tackle instead

Model-150SR_1-tn.jpg

I hear we can sign them for relatively cheap...not great at blocking by any means but certainly will hold up a lot longer than Mills did against Joey Bosa on the fumble 6 Sunday so they would be an upgrade.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with respect to your assessment of Taylor and anticipation throws, I can say I agree... sort of. The man has been throwing to Brandon Tates and Justin Hunters and Marquise Goodwins for two years. Under different OC's. Including a new one this year, with a whole new group of WR. Let the man get comfortable and work around his short comings. When Sammy was healthy, they were deadly. Deadly. When Woods was healthy and given the chance, they worked very well together before he blew his knee out. Clay has been in and out, and looking back, that combination has been the most obvious of Taylor's lack of anticipation. Something a workable O line and a steady coaching staff/OC would help progress, imo.

Sure, he "needs" a good D and a good running game to flourish... so did Russell Wilson until his steady coaching staff and workable O line let him succeed.

I had a tendency to agree with you on this but we did a lot of work to make upgrades at receiver this year and against the Jets and Saints he just wasn't making decisions quick enough

not all his fault injuries have hit us hard yet again, seriously it always happens late October into November...we really need to work on a solution with our in-season training to work on this just like the Ravens need to work on their training in preseason.

We have a lot that needs to be fixed

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highest QB rating, Bills... Tyrod Taylor
Highest Completion Percentage, Bills... Tyrod Taylor
Highest YPA, Bills... Tyrod Taylor
Lowest INT rate, Bills... Tyrod Taylor

Throwing to Brandon Tates for three years, with a sprinkle of Sammy.

This move had nothing to do with QB play. This is management making a decision long ago that they weren't paying Taylor next year. I don't think they expected to be 5-2, and maybe that's why they didn't trade him. Now he's gone for nothing.

Bring on a rookie next year, crawl along for three years, rinse and repeat. I'm desperately sick of this 20 year revolving door.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two minutes to go... we better not blow this. Chiefs haven't moved the ball all game... better not start now!

C'MON D!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you fucking kidding me with that personal foul call on Gaines? LMFAO

Absolutely horrendous.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOOOOOOO! ATTA BOY ROOKIE!

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe how badly the Chiefs have collapsed

good for us, they could get us a better pick now

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highest QB rating, Bills... Tyrod Taylor
Highest Completion Percentage, Bills... Tyrod Taylor
Highest YPA, Bills... Tyrod Taylor
Lowest INT rate, Bills... Tyrod Taylor

Throwing to Brandon Tates for three years, with a sprinkle of Sammy.

This move had nothing to do with QB play. This is management making a decision long ago that they weren't paying Taylor next year. I don't think they expected to be 5-2, and maybe that's why they didn't trade him. Now he's gone for nothing.

Bring on a rookie next year, crawl along for three years, rinse and repeat. I'm desperately sick of this 20 year revolving door.

Your Brandon Tate argument is ridiculous. The guy has 12 catches over 2 seasons and has only been targeted 21 times. The vast majority of Tyrod's targets last year were to (in order) Clay, Woods, Goodwin, McCoy and Watkins (338 of 474 total on the year). His receivers in 2015 were even better, with the top 5 (again, in order) Watkins, Woods, Clay, Hogan, and McCoy (362 of 465).

Last year's Bills receivers have the Rams excelling with supposedly a terrible QB (per everyone in the NFL last year, obviously a hot take of all hot takes) and even Goodwin is on track for his best season as a pro with the Niners.

We all know the Bills run first, but his shortcomings were evident once again even in today's win. Tyrod only managed 183 yards against one of the worst pass defense teams in the league coming into the game;25th in yards, 24th in sacks. He came out strong early, then quickly faded into very conservative play. That alone isn't a bad thing, but the other areas of this team are only just good enough to sniff the playoffs with such a passing game. They have to stay clean (no turnovers) to have a chance most weeks because they can't afford to get behind. Moving forward, is that what a new coaching staff wants to "hitch it's wagons" to? No, they want a more balanced attack with their own choice at QB.

This all sounds really harsh. and I have supported Tyrod in the past and was pissed when they discussed dumping him late last season. However, he just hasn't progressed any further and will ultimately cap what the Bills can be.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe how badly the Chiefs have collapsed

good for us, they could get us a better pick now

Funny how things have fallen apart. The streaking Chiefs can't win, the invigorated Texans have stumbled after losing their rookie QB for the season, and now the Bills and Browns are reaping the benefits of those trades (although the Browns will kick themselves for the next decade for not drafting Watson IMO).

Was a little annoying to see Ragland making some plays early today after he couldn't get on the field for the Bills, but he faded into the background soon enough.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Brandon Tate argument is ridiculous. The guy has 12 catches over 2 seasons and has only been targeted 21 times. The vast majority of Tyrod's targets last year were to (in order) Clay, Woods, Goodwin, McCoy and Watkins (338 of 474 total on the year). His receivers in 2015 were even better, with the top 5 (again, in order) Watkins, Woods, Clay, Hogan, and McCoy (362 of 465).

Last year's Bills receivers have the Rams excelling with supposedly a terrible QB (per everyone in the NFL last year, obviously a hot take of all hot takes) and even Goodwin is on track for his best season as a pro with the Niners.

We all know the Bills run first, but his shortcomings were evident once again even in today's win. Tyrod only managed 183 yards against one of the worst pass defense teams in the league coming into the game;25th in yards, 24th in sacks. He came out strong early, then quickly faded into very conservative play. That alone isn't a bad thing, but the other areas of this team are only just good enough to sniff the playoffs with such a passing game. They have to stay clean (no turnovers) to have a chance most weeks because they can't afford to get behind. Moving forward, is that what a new coaching staff wants to "hitch it's wagons" to? No, they want a more balanced attack with their own choice at QB.

This all sounds really harsh. and I have supported Tyrod in the past and was pissed when they discussed dumping him late last season. However, he just hasn't progressed any further and will ultimately cap what the Bills can be.

Yes. But Woods' progress stunted by a Percy Harvin signing. Then when he excelled, he got hurt. Sammy hurt, in and out, decoy and not. Amazing at times. Hogan put on the map... so the Pats can sign him. Four new WR this year, two of which started the year on a different team, in a diffrrent city, with a different playbook. All of this under three coordinators. Yet still, a top 12 and 10 offense in those two years and while struggling this year,

I could accept your premise if we were 5-8. Not 5-4. Sorry.

Arrowhead vs a must win Chiefs team isn't just a "25th" ranked defense. I get what you're saying, but wanting a great QB is not an excuse to bench a good one for an unprepared rookie. That game against the Chargers will bite us in the ass in a month.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how things have fallen apart. The streaking Chiefs can't win, the invigorated Texans have stumbled after losing their rookie QB for the season, and now the Bills and Browns are reaping the benefits of those trades (although the Browns will kick themselves for the next decade for not drafting Watson IMO).

Was a little annoying to see Ragland making some plays early today after he couldn't get on the field for the Bills, but he faded into the background soon enough.

LOL!! The Browns also traded with the Eagles for the pick the Eagles used on Wentz

What a mess that franchise is

Hopefully the Chiefs collapse out of the playoffs, a huge win by us for our future that we helped them continue that collapse

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot Taylor's best stat.

Games with multiple INT.... 0

His struggles with finding open WR between the hashes is real. I get it. But he is a great teammate, and a hard worker, a captain... I would hope those struggles can be fixed with consistency from WR and staff... or as it is, guarded by a good run game (sometimes... cough cough Mills), and a good defense.

When the defense takes the ball away, it doesn't matter if we just give it back, a la Peterman, Fitzpatrick, EJ, Losman, Bledsoe, etc.