• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Offseason

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then Tomlin needs to quit putting him behind Stevie J on the depth charts lol.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Original prediction:

1. Burns
2. Cockrell
3. Sutton
4. Gay
5. Allen

New Prediction (going off of Lake's 6 CBs statement)

1. Burns
2. Cockrell
3. Gay
4. Hilton
5. Allen
6. Sutton/Sensabaugh (thinkin Sutton may be headed for IR)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible that we have 4 QBs on the Roster because Landry is still hurt? Do we trust Dobbs enough to make him #2 if Jones' injury is worse than they think it is? Also, would like your guys' thoughts on DeMarcus Ayers. I think the kid has potential to compete for at least the 3rd or 4th WR spot. He could also be the return man for punts or kicks. I personally don't think we should have AB or Eli as a return man. I'm fine with Davis and Coates, but if AB or Eli gets hurt on a punt return, I will be livid!

The FO seems to always have a handle on the injury situation...at this point I say no...3. Probably not, I think they would get a veteran in there.

Ayers...just a crowded position. He showed a little something LY, there's a long way to go yet before wk 1 but unless he commands the return job, it will be tough for him to break into the top 3.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Original prediction:

1. Burns
2. Cockrell
3. Sutton
4. Gay
5. Allen

New Prediction (going off of Lake's 6 CBs statement)

1. Burns
2. Cockrell
3. Gay
4. Hilton
5. Allen
6. Sutton/Sensabaugh (thinkin Sutton may be headed for IR)

10 total DBs makes sense....6 CBs...bummer about Sutton...he did practice in part yesterday so hopefully that trend continues.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FO seems to always have a handle on the injury situation...at this point I say no...3. Probably not, I think they would get a veteran in there.

Ayers...just a crowded position. He showed a little something LY, there's a long way to go yet before wk 1 but unless he commands the return job, it will be tough for him to break into the top 3.

Yeah I think Bart Houston obviously doesn't make the cut. Will be interesting to see what WRs make the cut. Just off the top you got AB, Eli, Martavis, JuJu, Sammie, Cobi and Hunter? That last WR spot is probably between Hunter, Heyward-Bey and Ayers. I'm thinking Hunter and Ayers might go to the practice squad. Sucks, Ayers has a LOT of potential. Him not being healthy isn't helping him out.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 total DBs makes sense....6 CBs...bummer about Sutton...he did practice in part yesterday so hopefully that trend continues.

Damn. Sutton on the IR? Shit man. That sucks. Kid had lots of promise.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're all on the same page that AB, Eli, JuJu and Martavis are locks for the roster right? So who would you guys cut between Hunter, Ayers, Bey, Cobi, Sammie or Tucker? If last year is any future predictor, shouldn't we drop Sammie? Cut Tucker, drop Ayers to the practice squad and roll with AB, Eil, JuJu, Martavis, Hunter, Bey and Cobi?

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retracing the draft board, there were some names I would have preferred to be called so I agree on his draft status, but they had to at least think the most that he might be this season is a #3...we'll have to see what his production is like.

If he has 50-60 target with a 75% catch ratio with 5 or 6 TDs avg per yr for his rookie contract......I think they did well.
I would call him securing the #3 role in his rookie year a huge boon for him and a definite indicator that the Steelers may have made the right pick. The balance of that contract... I think I would expect more than you are. I think the pick makes sense only if he's the #2 guy and is a 65-75 catch player who flirts with or surpasses 1000 on average. Anything less than that and I have to question the return on their investment.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would call him securing the #3 role in his rookie year a huge boon for him and a definite indicator that the Steelers may have made the right pick. The balance of that contract... I think I would expect more than you are. I think the pick makes sense only if he's the #2 guy and is a 65-75 catch player who flirts with or surpasses 1000 on average. Anything less than that and I have to question the return on their investment.

In terms of expectations for the 62nd overall pick...I think we're more on the same page than not. On this team...a WR in that spot is a hard sell. Would I rather have Duke Riley or another LB with Shazier's skillset? Yes.

But...if Juju turns into a reliable WR3 and they can win #7...I'm okay with the lower ROI.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if that is confirmed...he was noted to be participating in practice on Thurs.

Maybe something @FaCe-LeE-uS has seen.
Just a hunch right now. Seeing as how he cannot seem to get himself through a full week of practice. Tomlin has done it before to rookies that aren't necessarily injured long term

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a hunch right now. Seeing as how he cannot seem to get himself through a full week of practice. Tomlin has done it before to rookies that aren't necessarily injured long term

IDK the injury nature of what has been keeping Sutton off the field, but Hilton's play has made easy for MT to take it slow with him....Kinda did the same thing with Burns LY. We just have to hope it's not a Golson 2.0 situation.

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell wants to be rich. No, I mean really rich. Ed Bouchette of the Post-Gazette is reporting that Bell did indeed turn down a five-year contract that would have averaged more than $12 million per season. This confirms the report that Tom Pelissero of NFL Network had reported as well just after the deadline for Bell to sign an extension had passed.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell wants to be rich. No, I mean really rich. Ed Bouchette of the Post-Gazette is reporting that Bell did indeed turn down a five-year contract that would have averaged more than $12 million per season. This confirms the report that Tom Pelissero of NFL Network had reported as well just after the deadline for Bell to sign an extension had passed.

:L Looks like this will be the last year we have Le'Veon Bell.

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
:L Looks like this will be the last year we have Le'Veon Bell.

That piece I read says the Steelers could use the franchise tag again on him next year, but then that's it.
He's already been offered more than any other back, but it's not good enough.
This is when I lose respect for players.
When they get too greedy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That piece I read says the Steelers could use the franchise tag again on him next year, but then that's it.
He's already been offered more than any other back, but it's not good enough.
This is when I lose respect for players.
When they get too greedy.
As I've said before... 1) Run him until the wheels fall off this season and slap a tag on him again if he proves worthy 2) Then run him until the wheels fall off again. And 3) Let some other team overpay for a lemon RB.