• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 Champions League

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw he and Conte were the "front runners"

I think there's a chance Poch leaves Tottenham, but I doubt it would be this next year. With the new stadium coming and everything on the rise, there's little reason for him to leave. If he bolts, the entire thing unravels and i think Levy knows that well.
That's true. I don't think he's looking to leave, but PSG can offer a massive amount of cash. Conte could go as well, but something tells me he'll go back to Serie A, or the Italian National Team.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, should be a good game. Milan has looked better with Gatusso in charge. Talent wise, Arsenal have the squad to win the Europa, if they can get their shit together.

I think Atletico Madrid wins Europa. We'll see

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll definitely get that, probably for the foreseeable future as long as Wenger stays.

On another note, I read today that PSG may be going after Poch. Makes sense, I think he's a great manager.

Conte's name is the mix for the PSG job too.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was offsides

Not sure if the flag went up but pretty sure it did
It wasn’t called in the game to my knowledge. If the flag went up, the referee would’ve called it in that situation. If he would’ve scored it would’ve counted. He was offsides though.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the scuttlebut on Bayern's next manager? Is it still the Hoffenheim(?) manager? Or has that rumor cooled off?
Read something a couple of days ago that said Bayern would name their new manager in 3-4 weeks. Naglesmann (Hoffenheim) is still one of the top names being mentioned, along with Conte, Niko Kovac (Frankfurt), and Thomas Tuchel, though for the life of me I can imagine Bayern hiring Tuchel, he wasn't good enough for BvB, so why would they hire him. Lowe has been mentioned also, but he is under contract with the National Team until 2020 (I think), plus he has the World Cup this summer.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read something a couple of days ago that said Bayern would name their new manager in 3-4 weeks. Naglesmann (Hoffenheim) is still one of the top names being mentioned, along with Conte, Niko Kovac (Frankfurt), and Thomas Tuchel, though for the life of me I can imagine Bayern hiring Tuchel, he wasn't good enough for BvB, so why would they hire him. Lowe has been mentioned also, but he is under contract with the National Team until 2020 (I think), plus he has the World Cup this summer.

I thought Low was content with just managing the National team and had no desire to "drop down" to the club level?

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Low was content with just managing the National team and had no desire to "drop down" to the club level?
Probably so, But I wouldn't be surprised in BM at least talked to him about it, probably already have.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard Freiburg coach Christian Streich is a candidate now too. Tuchel is too, but I am not sure how that will work as he and Hummels had a riff going back when Hummels was at Dortmund. I think Naglesmann idea has cooled, too young I heard. Conte I don't think so unless his German is great. Hoeness and Rummenigge want a German speaking coach after the Ancelleloti fiasco. I have not heard the Kovac reference. I heard the Lowe reference too but also for Arsenal too. Lowe hasn't coached a club level in years.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on the draw, I think it comes down to them and Arsenal. If the Final was over two legs, I'd take Atleti to win, but in a one off, anything can happen.

If it was just one game you are right, anyone can win that. I am hoping Leipzig can move through. Dortmund laid an egg against Salzburg. I think they will be looking for a new coach too this summer. How does a coach get promoted from the shitshow of Koln to Dortmund? Dortmund must be desperate.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you lose to Sevilla at home?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EPL disappoints as always in Champions League. Such a joke that they don't have 4 teams in the Quarters. No way in hell should United and Tottenham be eliminated.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EPL disappoints as always in Champions League. Such a joke that they don't have 4 teams in the Quarters. No way in hell should United and Tottenham be eliminated.

Don't you think that's a bit condescending? I think it's a joke eveyone complains when the EPL does what it's done in recent history. That is come up small in big moments.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you think that's a bit condescending? I think it's a joke eveyone complains when the EPL does what it's done in recent history. That is come up small in big moments.
It all goes in cycles. between 2004/05-2011/12, The EPL had a team in the Final all but one year and won it 3 times. Same in the late 70s-mid 80's with Liverpool, Nottingham Forest, and Aston Villa.

As far a ManU and Spurs going out...ManU didn't have the tactics or heart to win it, Spurs were undone by their lack of experience, with a team like Juve, you can't cut them any slack or give them any opening or they will punish you.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the scuttlebut on Bayern's next manager? Is it still the Hoffenheim(?) manager? Or has that rumor cooled off?
I could see Joachim Low after the WC? Heard rumors of him too Arsenal too

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tottenham had a pretty tough matchup. United really shit the bed. I thought Chelsea played decent, but Barca just outclassed them. Lol at Messi nutmegging Courtouis twice