• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Sox

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullpen with a rough week

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Albers just loves giving up bombs

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robin puts Albers in another crucial situation and he fails again....

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the Sox were not going to win 115 games like they were on pace to do. But I didn't think the mean reversion would be so sudden. Now on pace to win 89 which seems more realistic. And somewhat above expectations at the beginning of the year. The pen needs to get back to effective, Abreu needs to get right, etc.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robin puts Albers in another crucial situation and he fails again....

when all is said and done ... this is a .500 team. two or three really good players, the rest just rabble, and no one to manage them is NOT a recipe for a competitor. this will not change until this team is sold.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing i'm kind of grateful about .... this team sunk to it's proper level BEFORE they decided the winning was all because of the inept ventura and gave him a 3 year extension. we COULD be dodging a bullet right now.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when all is said and done ... this is a .500 team. two or three really good players, the rest just rabble, and no one to manage them is NOT a recipe for a competitor. this will not change until this team is sold.

Nah they will win 90 give or take and compete for the wildcard. And unfortunately for you, they will likely make some deals at the deadline to get better this year (bullpen, maybe a catcher but who would be available?).

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah: :lm: :gaah: :lm:

For the love of all that's holy. 7-1 lead going into the 9th ... trot our 'closer' out there ... and just absolutely blow it.

The early season implosion is officially on.

I've never had much confidence in Robertson and this team hasn't been the same since the Texas series where we blew a HUGE late inning lead in Arlington a couple weeks ago.

It was kinda, sorta fun while it lasted. Figured it might be too good to be true.

I'm sooo mad & sick after watching this one, today, it's gonna be difficult to turn another game on after today's total fng meltdown.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah: :lm: :gaah: :lm:

For the love of all that's holy. 7-1 lead going into the 9th ... trot our 'closer' out there ... and just absolutely blow it.

The early season implosion is officially on.

I've never had much confidence in Robertson and this team hasn't been the same since the Texas series where we blew a HUGE late inning lead in Arlington a couple weeks ago.

It was kinda, sorta fun while it lasted. Figured it might be too good to be true.

I'm sooo mad & sick after watching this one, today, it's gonna be difficult to turn another game on after today's total fng meltdown.

yep. a pathetic showing. i keep reading how everyone on the team is still upbeat. well, i'll bet they won't be so upbeat after this loss.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep. a pathetic showing. i keep reading how everyone on the team is still upbeat. well, i'll bet they won't be so upbeat after this loss.
Just wanna :puke:

I gotta say, the Rhoidals just never quit. I've been claiming for years that they're the current day's rendition of Oakland A's of the '90s & early 2000s. They've had something special going on with that whole system for nearly a decade ... from drafting & growing their own in the farms churning out all-around solid players with speed. It's all paying off, nowadays.

They embarrassed us today with green kids just brought up without their stars Moustakis, Gordon & Perez getting hurt late today.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanna :puke:

I gotta say, the Rhoidals just never quit. I've been claiming for years that they're the current day's rendition of Oakland A's of the '90s & early 2000s. They've had something special going on with that whole system for nearly a decade ... from drafting & growing their own in the farms churning out all-around solid players with speed. It's all paying off, nowadays.

They embarrassed us today with green kids just brought up without their stars Moustakis, Gordon & Perez getting hurt late today.

remember when minnesota was like that? there are just organizations that know how to make a team and then there's the white soxes of the world who always think they're a player away and so destroy their own minor league system and keep going for broke. i am embarrassed to be a sox fan.

SELL THIS FREAKING TEAM!

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay ... let's get some Sale redemption today.

I guess we can only hope that he tosses a complete game and keeps the bullpen ... in the bullpen.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing i'm kind of grateful about .... this team sunk to it's proper level BEFORE they decided the winning was all because of the inept ventura and gave him a 3 year extension. we COULD be dodging a bullet right now.
They ain't dodging any bullets. They are going for it. Hahn has made that pretty clear the last 2 wks

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ain't dodging any bullets. They are going for it. Hahn has made that pretty clear the last 2 wks

i know ... but things can change. if nothing else i would hope the last couple weeks have given him pause to think about that.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, according to what I just heard, today, Hahn is dealing for James Shields from the Padres. I'm gonna laugh when @idseer see this one. It's almost Peavy-esque minus the injuries. Another aging, ace-type pitcher past his prime?

Looks like we're willing to give up our top prospect, SS Tim Anderson and eat a lot of the possible $75 mil over the next three years.

White Sox discussing trade for Padres' James Shields

The Padres are looking to shed salary and the Sox are looking to bolster their pitching, and Shields, signed to a four-year, $75 million deal as a free agent before the 2015 season, is the type of starter the Sox need to not only contend for the American League Central but to provide a legitimate No. 3 type starter in a potential playoff series behind ace Chris Sale and No. 2 Jose Quintana.

Shields, 34, has pitched to a 3.06 ERA in 10 starts for the 20-29 Padres. He is owed $21 million in 2016, 2017 and 2018 and his deal allows him to opt out after this season.

A major league source said the Padres have asked about shortstop Tim Anderson, the Sox’ top prospect, which for the Sox would be a steep price to pay.

“It would be “going for it now,” the source said. “Shields is in his mid 30s so it’s a significant risk. Unless of course the Padres eat money in order to get a better return of players. The talks seem to be very specific at this point.”

The Padres are willing to absorb some of Shields’ contract in a trade, the San Diego Union-Tribune. The Sox saved $13 million in payroll when Adam LaRoche retired during spring training.

Shields is 129-103 with a 3.72 ERA over 11 seasons with Tampa Bay, Kansas City and San Diego.

Nothing, currently, spectacular jumps out at me with a guy that used to be pretty damn awesome when he was with the Rays, but that was then.

Hey @HammerDown ... got any scoop on Shields these days? Yall seem to get the better deal each time our teams negotiate.

One other factoid of triviality: Shields is the cousin of Aaron Rowand. :D

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, according to what I just heard, today, Hahn is dealing for James Shields from the Padres. I'm gonna laugh when @idseer see this one. It's almost Peavy-esque minus the injuries. Another aging, ace-type pitcher past his prime?

Looks like we're willing to give up our top prospect, SS Tim Anderson and eat a lot of the possible $75 mil over the next three years.

White Sox discussing trade for Padres' James Shields

The Padres are looking to shed salary and the Sox are looking to bolster their pitching, and Shields, signed to a four-year, $75 million deal as a free agent before the 2015 season, is the type of starter the Sox need to not only contend for the American League Central but to provide a legitimate No. 3 type starter in a potential playoff series behind ace Chris Sale and No. 2 Jose Quintana.

Shields, 34, has pitched to a 3.06 ERA in 10 starts for the 20-29 Padres. He is owed $21 million in 2016, 2017 and 2018 and his deal allows him to opt out after this season.

A major league source said the Padres have asked about shortstop Tim Anderson, the Sox’ top prospect, which for the Sox would be a steep price to pay.

“It would be “going for it now,” the source said. “Shields is in his mid 30s so it’s a significant risk. Unless of course the Padres eat money in order to get a better return of players. The talks seem to be very specific at this point.”

The Padres are willing to absorb some of Shields’ contract in a trade, the San Diego Union-Tribune. The Sox saved $13 million in payroll when Adam LaRoche retired during spring training.

Shields is 129-103 with a 3.72 ERA over 11 seasons with Tampa Bay, Kansas City and San Diego.

Nothing, currently, spectacular jumps out at me with a guy that used to be pretty damn awesome when he was with the Rays, but that was then.

Hey @HammerDown ... got any scoop on Shields these days? Yall seem to get the better deal each time our teams negotiate.

One other factoid of triviality: Shields is the cousin of Aaron Rowand. :D

i've been hearing this since yesterday but hoping it was just talk. i mean, this is exactly what the sox have done for years now ... throwing away their future for someone whose best years are behind them. another aging national leaguer that won't help this team anyway. saladino has been hot lately so they suddenly (and i do mean suddenly) feel they can spare the guy they've been telling everyone is their star ss of the near future?

this organization is just embarrassing.

and btw looks like the sox are going to give this one away too.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This pen has just totally melted down.

I cannot watch this steaming pile anymore. :burt:

How in the hell do you walk a .185 Morales not once this game ... but twice ... in a critical situation.

And then WALK the tying run in to AAA kid that just got called up?

Sox suxin.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-4 Rhoidals now. This is just beyond fng laughable.

They own us.

Cain can :kissass: ... Hosmer can eat a bag of dix. :yield:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've been hearing this since yesterday but hoping it was just talk. i mean, this is exactly what the sox have done for years now ... throwing away their future for someone whose best years are behind them. another aging national leaguer that won't help this team anyway. saladino has been hot lately so they suddenly (and i do mean suddenly) feel they can spare the guy they've been telling everyone is their star ss of the near future?

this organization is just embarrassing.

the thing is almost all of the prospects they have given up haven't panned out anyways. it just exposes how bad Kenny Williams drafting was. I'm hoping the new scouting department can actually draft some future players.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a series sweep if they have an ok bullpen and instead they get swept. this feels so much like those series against the twins about a decade ago