• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Schedule

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday
Sep. 3 Rutgers Scarlet Knights
Husky Stadium, Seattle, WA TBA ---

Saturday
Sep. 10 Idaho Vandals

Saturday
Sep. 17 Portland State Vikings

Saturday
Sep. 24 arizona1.gif at Arizona Wildcats
Arizona Stadium, Tucson, AZ TBA ---

Friday
Sep. 30 stanford1.gif Stanford Cardinal

Saturday
Oct. 8 oregon1.gif at Oregon Ducks
Autzen Stadium, Eugene, OR TBA ---

Saturday
Oct. 15 --- Open Date --- ---

Saturday
Oct. 22 oregon_st1.gif Oregon State Beavers (HC)

Saturday
Oct. 29 utah1.gif at Utah Utes
Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, UT TBA ---

Saturday
Nov. 5 california1.gif at California Golden Bears
California Memorial Stadium, Berkeley, CA TBA ---

Saturday
Nov. 12 southern_california1.gif USC Trojans

Saturday
Nov. 19 arizona_st1.gif Arizona State Sun Devils

Friday
Nov. 25 washington_st1.gif at Washington State Cougars
Martin Stadium, Pullman, WA TBA ---

A few things to like and a few things to hate about this schedule.
First things first, they don't play an OOC game with a team that has a pulse, and won't again until 2018 if BYU happens to be good at that time. More than half of the home games are going to be garbage this year. I'll be forking out all that cash to watch them play highschool teams basically.

The good news is you do get both Stanford and Oregon early in the season. They were describing that as brutal on the radio, but I'm not what they are missing. You want both as early as you can get them given their breaking in new QB's. Get them before they get on a roll.

Getting ASU late might be a good thing as well. They don't tend to be all that solid late in the year.

Anything less than 8 wins on that slate should be seen as an utter failure. 9+ should be expected. It's high time to stop accepting mediocrity and excuses why that school can't perform up to a higher standard. Their shit OOC makes you think maybe they hare happy being a second tier team. Get your free 3, find 3 to win in conference, and take your bowl right? :L

Open 6-0 and I'll stop bitching about the schedule, otherwise paying for that slop at the top is just lame.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, that OOC slate is extremely disappointing. We'll see I guess, I'll still watch, but they could win all 3 by 50 points per game and we still won't really know anything about this team. The conference schedule is interesting. Nice to get ASU, Stanford and USC at home. All 5 of the road games could be tough. We'll see how the teams shape up next year. I am excited though. I expect big things from the Huskies in 2016.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't really see the same drop off on the road last year that was typical of all of Sark's UW teams. Price was a different QB on the road and it really felt like Browning was maybe even better on the road than at home. Seemed most of his big turnover games were at Husky stadium.

I honestly expect them to go down and destroy arizona in their house to open the conference slate. At Cal and at Utah shouldn't be THAT scary. Both will have new QB's at the helm.

If Browning takes the kind of step from first to second year that he should and they find any kind of consistency at WR there is no defense in the conference that is going to look forward to this team. And that defense is going to be just filthy.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to predict W/L based on schedule way before the season even starts, but I'd categorize the games into these categories:

No brainer wins. These are games that the Huskies should win by at least 20-30 points:
-Rutgers
-Idaho
-Portland State

Should win by double digits or more. The only thing stopping these games from being listed above are that they're in the Pac-12:
-OSU: See the past few years the two teams have played.

-At Arizona: Refer to the beatdown we gave them this year.

-ASU: We dominated them on both sides of the ball last time we played, and should've won that game. They're also losing something like half of their starters.

Close games, could go either way:
-Stanford: New QB, at home, and Stanford has a good handful of players graduating. Would be a tough win but if UW has really improved as much as we think they have, they should be able to win a game like this.

-At Cal: They're very likely losing Jared Goff and will need to breaking in a new QB. They lost a close game vs Cal at home in 2015 back when the Huskies were still very, very raw. Take away Jared Goff and I think this is a game UW can win.

-At WSU: The two things that makes this a "leaning towards UW" game is 1. It's the Apple Cup and 2. It's in Pullman. The Huskies thoroughly dominated WSU and have shown an ability to match up well against high powered offenses, but this is a game the Huskies should be able to win. It is pretty contingent on how well WSU can maintain the success it had this year.

-USC: Like a few of the other schools mentioned, USC will be breaking in a new QB as well. We managed to beat a USC team that didn't look all that prepared (Sark) last year, but UW can't underestimate the talent that USC puts out on the field every year.

-At Utah: At the risk of sounding ridiculously redundant, Utah will be having a new QB and will be facing a UW team that is better than the one they faced the previous year.

-At Oregon: Really depends on how they look with a new QB. Vernon Adams really gave this team life, and if Adams had not had started against UW I believe we could have won. The Ducks really lived and died by Vernon Adams as they went 7-1 with him starting (only loss @ Michigan State by 3 points) and 2-2 without him with a humiliating loss to Utah, and an OT loss to Oregon with it's only two wins being against soft opponents in Georgia State and Colorado.

I confidently expect the Huskies to win those 6 games, with the other 6 going (IMO 4-2), at the very least 3-3. Anything short of 9 wins this year would be a huge disappointment. I think the team has the potential to win the Pac-12 North.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon early in the season. They were describing that as brutal on the radio, but I'm not what they are missing. You want both as early as you can get them given their breaking in new QB's. Get them before they get on a roll.

Getting ASU late might be a good thing as well. They don't tend to be all that solid late in the year.

Anything less than 8 wins on that slate should be seen as an utter failure. 9+ should be expected. It's high time to stop accepting mediocrity and excuses why that school can't perform up to a higher standard. Their shit OOC makes you think maybe they hare happy being a second tier team. Get your free 3, find 3 to win in conference, and take your bowl right? :L

Open 6-0 and I'll stop bitching about the schedule, otherwise paying for that slop at the top is just lame.

Agreed. 8 wins would be a failure IMO. 9-10 is what should be expected. This could sound ridiculously overly optimistic, but if things go right, there is a legitimate possibility this team could win 11 or 12 games. I say that mostly because as of right now, I don't see a team on our schedule that I don't think we could beat. I'd be surprised if we lost any games by more than 7 points.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they do need to get there WR corp in a lot better shape than this year. That's a start. Obviously most of those lofty goals will be predicated on Smith continuing to develop the offense. We all can sort of gauge where Jake's ceiling might be, but can Smith get him there?

I don't have much worry on defense, and the offense did keep getting better as the season wore on, but I won't believe Smith is legit until I see it. He has to take them to the top of the conference and I'll be on board with him. Not a moment sooner.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be dissapointed with anything less than 10, counting a bowl game. anything under 7 will be embarrassing and I would seriously question whether Pete can cut it or not.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they do need to get there WR corp in a lot better shape than this year. That's a start. Obviously most of those lofty goals will be predicated on Smith continuing to develop the offense. We all can sort of gauge where Jake's ceiling might be, but can Smith get him there?

I don't have much worry on defense, and the offense did keep getting better as the season wore on, but I won't believe Smith is legit until I see it. He has to take them to the top of the conference and I'll be on board with him. Not a moment sooner.

I do agree that there needs to be drastic improvements by the receivers. Fortunately, it seemed as the season went on that Browning appeared to make due with the garbage that was given to him. I don't think it's a matter of Smith getting him there, but not holding him back. He showed a lot of flashes as the season went on, but he really needs to improve on his deep ball.

I think that similar to the Seahawks, there will be too much talent (Gaskin, Browning) on the offense for Smith to really be able to fuck anything up too badly.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9+ wins should be the goal for sure. The PAC is at its most competitive level ever. If we win 8, I still wouldn't consider it a disaster. But 7 wins or less, would be a disaster.

That being said:

Don't Coug the OOC. Three very winnable games there.

The season starts tough with Zona road, Stanford, and Oregon road. We need to hit the ground running when PAC play starts and don't take the foot off the gas. Stanford and Oregon will have new QBs. Presents excellent ops to be at 5-6 Ws at that point.

Schedule eases up in the middle a bit. I like it the bye splits the season down the middle.

The last three games will define us in 2016 as how much we've progressed. Great op to beat ASU and USC with them coming up here to the chilly northwest in Nov. If the Cougs don't take a step back in 2016, the Apple cup will be fierce being in Pullman this time.

I like the schedule. Let's go get those 9+ Ws!!!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is this:

9 frickn months we gotta wait for the boys to play an actual game,:gaah:
Schedule wise I don't like this Stanford back to back with Oregon, ( seems of late its been that way)
either way, Rutgers could be a tough game, and you can't over look Portland St ( ask Cougs about that:pound:)

Lets just hope the M's have a good season, cause it will be long offseason for me since I also cheer for the Eagles and Kelly's stupid ass is still there...:L

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is this:

9 frickn months we gotta wait for the boys to play an actual game,:gaah:
Schedule wise I don't like this Stanford back to back with Oregon, ( seems of late its been that way)
either way, Rutgers could be a tough game, and you can't over look Portland St ( ask Cougs about that:pound:)

Lets just hope the M's have a good season, cause it will be long offseason for me since I also cheer for the Eagles and Kelly's stupid ass is still there...:L

I can't recall the last time I was this excited for Husky football. I wish it was CFB season already.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right fella's I know your hurting right now, ( but god damn they showed alot on the 2nd half) get your bearings and lets get the 2016 season chatter going!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
latest?cb=20140701025621

Highest ranked recruit Petersen has ever landed.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And UW finishes their signing day in quiet fashion. No surprises either way. 18 signed. They took care of business and move on toward spring ball.

NSD16 // Class

Rivals