• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Mock Draft

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only person I would trade up for is Wentz. He's not going to be there at 4, and I believe Dallas would be a perfect spot for him to develop into an all pro. He has every tool. In Dallas, he could sit a couple of years, then come in behind the best OL in the league, after learning from one of the best in the business for a couple of years. Otherwise, we have enough holes that anyone else we get at 4 will help

I like Wentz but I wouldn't trade up for him. I'd rather have Goff and the picks it would take to make that trade

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only person I would trade up for is Wentz. He's not going to be there at 4, and I believe Dallas would be a perfect spot for him to develop into an all pro. He has every tool. In Dallas, he could sit a couple of years, then come in behind the best OL in the league, after learning from one of the best in the business for a couple of years. Otherwise, we have enough holes that anyone else we get at 4 will help

I have been on the Wentz wagon from get go but Dallas has 2 many holes to trade up for him. An argument could be made for doing it but the cost just makes it not practical however with Jerry you never know

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been on the Wentz wagon from get go but Dallas has 2 many holes to trade up for him. An argument could be made for doing it but the cost just makes it not practical however with Jerry you never know
It's kind of funny how you two love Wentz so much and wouldn't want to trade up for him and I don't love him but I would be fine with it. My reason is if you think a guy is a franchise QB there is no price you can put on that. The Redskins failed miserably on the whole RGIII deal, but their willingness to do it based on who they THOUGHT he was tells you how far teams will go to get an elite QB. So if our scouts think he can be not just a starting QB , but a star QB I am happy to give up something else to get him. But, I also don't view the draft as a 2016 thing. To me it's how you set your team up for years to come and if a guy doesn't contribute year one I'm fine with it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, the above holds true for Goff too. It's whomever they think will be the better Pro and IMO that is still Goff and I think Goff goes either #2 to Cle or #1 if someone trades with Tenn. I know every single mock and expert and rumor says Wentz is going first, but I still don't see it and think when it comes time to make the pick, it's going to be Goff.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rooting for one QB to still be on the board when Dallas is on the clock. I want our pick to be as valuable as possible to other teams. I still don't see us taking a QB there, but it sure better be discussed between Jerrah and Co.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, the above holds true for Goff too. It's whomever they think will be the better Pro and IMO that is still Goff and I think Goff goes either #2 to Cle or #1 if someone trades with Tenn. I know every single mock and expert and rumor says Wentz is going first, but I still don't see it and think when it comes time to make the pick, it's going to be Goff.
In the mock draft thread, we are doing an NFL draft, and I traded up to 1 for Wentz, took Robert Nkamdiche with my 2nd pick, and Scooby Wright with my 3rd. I wondered if I'd regret not taking an instant impact like Ramsey, but I gotta tell ya, after the fact, I was even happier. Getting QB shored up long term makes everything else seem easier to fix, because, as last year proved, you can have a heck of a team and still go nowhere if you don't have a QB

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of funny how you two love Wentz so much and wouldn't want to trade up for him and I don't love him but I would be fine with it. My reason is if you think a guy is a franchise QB there is no price you can put on that. The Redskins failed miserably on the whole RGIII deal, but their willingness to do it based on who they THOUGHT he was tells you how far teams will go to get an elite QB. So if our scouts think he can be not just a starting QB , but a star QB I am happy to give up something else to get him. But, I also don't view the draft as a 2016 thing. To me it's how you set your team up for years to come and if a guy doesn't contribute year one I'm fine with it.
The reason I won't trade up is I think Goff and our 2nd, or Ramsey/Buckner with a 2nd or 3rd round QB is better for this team vs. Wentz.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cost is my only issue

if they decide to do it I wont agree but I don't own the team either

if Wentz becomes as good as Aikman or Roger or Tony or even Danny White I will be wrong on the cost but very happy :)

Derek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I go Hargreaves at #4. If Ramsey is there at #4 I'd take him in a heartbeat, but if San Diego takes him like you say, then I'd go either Bosa or Buckner. If they absolutely want to go DB with the 1st pick and take Hargreaves, then I'd trade back with someone like the 49ers and take him around #7.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By this logic , I would go Jack if he checks out.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we near the draft, the more I am wanting Ramsey or Jack. I hope we have a shot at one.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we near the draft, the more I am wanting Ramsey or Jack. I hope we have a shot at one.
would think we would if you think a tackle and QB will go in the first 3.
Love Jack and pretty much said the same two weeks ago, but what position does Jack play in year one? Strongside? Can he hold up against TE's? Does he play different spots in different alignments and thus on the field 50% of the snaps? I don't know...I just know he's a player but so is Scooby Wright and he should be there in round 2.

I'm so confused!!!!

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Jack and pretty much said the same two weeks ago, but what position does Jack play in year one? Strongside? Can he hold up against TE's? Does he play different spots in different alignments and thus on the field 50% of the snaps? I don't know...I just know he's a player but so is Scooby Wright and he should be there in round 2.

I'm so confused!!!!

I think Jack can play Sam, but until I see it, I'd rather he play Mike. When in nickle, I try to split snaps between he and Rolondo about even at Mike, and sub Lee at Will every now and then with Jack/Hitchens. If Rolondo gets hurt or suspended that would force Jack to play Sam. We do need to prepare for life after Rolondo, so getting a guy like Scooby makes sense. But honestly, I am only thinking LB in the first couple rounds if its a multi-pos guy like Jack.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm so confused!!!!
I know Jack might be a superstar, but I think Wright will be a great freaking player in his own right. High end Zach Thomas, more likely, Chris Borland. Either way, I'd take it. Wright and Jack played LB in the same conference...check out Jack's entire career numbers for tackles, TFL, sacks, forced fumbles vs Wrights 2014 alone...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kNow it is just highlights, but just check some YouTube clips on Jack. He runs like a CB and hits like a tank.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Jack might be a superstar, but I think Wright will be a great freaking player in his own right. High end Zach Thomas, more likely, Chris Borland. Either way, I'd take it. Wright and Jack played LB in the same conference...check out Jack's entire career numbers for tackles, TFL, sacks, forced fumbles vs Wrights 2014 alone...
I've been guilty for years wanting D-backs but linebackers remain my soft spot.

Always best to fall back to the number one wish for the first two picks when confused as I am at this time each year.....really if somehow Ramsey falls to 4 and we get Kevin Dodd first part of round 2 (possible), I'd be pretty excited

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By this logic , I would go Jack if he checks out.
I've said all along that Jack may just be the most talented defensive player in this draft so I would be fine with him pending the Medical. But here is the twist. Are you drafting Jack thinking he will take a while to get healthy and be the player you chose, or are you drafting him wondering if he will ever be that same player again or wondering if he will be subject to knee problems in the future?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all the Lb talk and not a single word on Matakevich out of temple.
I like Scooby really like Jack an Smith but am worried about the medicals on those 2.
If somehow Jerry gets a extra 3 I would spend it on matakevich in a instant.
He is 2 small 2 slow not strong enough. HMM but all he does is make plays he is a film Junkie sould like anybody ? (lee) a solid NFL weight room routine and and he can get strong.

JMHO but I think the young man will be a better than solid player in the NFL

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If jacks knee checks out then I will jump on that bandwagon. I think jack could drop 10 pounds and be a monster at safety. or he could stay as is and split time at LB and safety. he is a freak talent. but like many others I am torn. I would also be happy with elliot,goff, or wentz at 4. tunsil is a top 5 talent but it would seem like overkill to draft him.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all the Lb talk and not a single word on Matakevich out of temple.
I like Scooby really like Jack an Smith but am worried about the medicals on those 2.
If somehow Jerry gets a extra 3 I would spend it on matakevich in a instant.
He is 2 small 2 slow not strong enough. HMM but all he does is make plays he is a film Junkie sould like anybody ? (lee) a solid NFL weight room routine and and he can get strong.

JMHO but I think the young man will be a better than solid player in the NFL
Scooby is being mentioned as a 3rd rounder but I grade him out as a late 1st rounder.