• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Mock Draft

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's quite a few on here who have to be able to draft better tan some of these teams, so maybe you do have a shot.
The only team I can consistently out draft is Cleveland!!! I'm no expert but even I knew JF, Weeden and Trent Richardson were horrible moves...I think one of the reasons Pitt and Balt seem to draft well is they don't try to get too cute. If a guy drops...they just take him.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only team I can consistently out draft is Cleveland!!! I'm no expert but even I knew JF, Weeden and Trent Richardson were horrible moves...I think one of the reasons Pitt and Balt seem to draft well is they don't try to get too cute. If a guy drops...they just take him.
The next time your phone rings it will be Hue Jackson and the Browns.
Jerry might hire you but he won't let you make any decisions.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For entertainment purposes only, because I don't think there's a snowballs change in hell Elliott is there in round 2.

FirstPick.com

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 4: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 3: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 4: Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA (A+)
Round 4 Pick 15 (TENN): Scooby Wright III, ILB, Arizona (B)
Round 4 Pick 30 (ARI): Eric Striker, OLB/ILB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 4 Pick 37 (COMP): D.J. White, CB, Georgia Tech (A+)
Round 6 Pick 14: Kevin Byard, SS, Middle Tennessee (B)
Round 6 Pick 30 (ARI): Nile Lawrence-Stample, DT, Florida State (B+)
Round 6 Pick 37 (COMP): Charone Peake, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 6 Pick 41 (COMP): Yannick Ngakoue, OLB, Maryland (A)
Round 6 Pick 42 (COMP): Victor Ochi, OLB, Stony Brook (A+)
Yeah, no way Elliott is there on round 2, and I would love to have 4th rounder Scooby Wright in the 2ND. Interesting about Wright, he was the exact same height and weight as Jack, played LB, played in the same conference, and almost the same number of games....and Wrights numbers blow Jack's away

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Chance Miami is desperate enough to pay a kings ransom and swap first with us so they can draft Elliot. Going from 13 all the way down to 4 should offer up a pretty handsome payout. Doubtful of course, but one can dream.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Chance Miami is desperate enough to pay a kings ransom and swap first with us so they can draft Elliot. Going from 13 all the way down to 4 should offer up a pretty handsome payout. Doubtful of course, but one can dream.
Yes, I think there is a good chance we could get a team to offer up a nice trade IF we are interested. But, we likely get a lesser player from our teams draft rankings too, so there is a trade off to consider.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never know who ends up where. I don't think Elliot will be there in the 2nd, but every year someone gets blasted for something like that and every year someone pulls a Bowers and drops like a rock and someone pulls a Gholston and gets picked real early. I know you aren't going to like my choice, but I think a chance Wentz drops a little and won't go in the top 10 and could be even be the 3rd QB taken. Now of course a team could trade up with Tenn and take him #1 for all I know!!!

Watched some of his Pro Day last night and came away very impressed. Am starting to rethink my theory that there is no way Wentz is as good of a prospect as Goff and that he will drop out of the top 10. I know it's in shorts, but amongst other things, he threw some incredibly accurate deep balls to receivers on go patterns at top speed. Am still concerned about the amount of passes he has actually thrown in College, the level of competition and how bad he looked (IMO at least) at the Senior Bowl...but have to say I think I have been selling him short...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched some of his Pro Day last night and came away very impressed. Am starting to rethink my theory that there is no way Wentz is as good of a prospect as Goff and that he will drop out of the top 10. I know it's in shorts, but amongst other things, he threw some incredibly accurate deep balls to receivers on go patterns at top speed. Am still concerned about the amount of passes he has actually thrown in College, the level of competition and how bad he looked (IMO at least) at the Senior Bowl...but have to say I think I have been selling him short...
Welcome to the dark side.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go back to my original plan which is to trade back in the top 10. There are a number of guys that I would be perfectly content with taking between 4-9, all of them can serve an immediate purpose on this team. So why not grab an extra pick or 2 and still get a high quality prospect?

Exception being Ramsey, if he's there I think you have to take him but I'm really convinced San Diego snags him.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go back to my original plan which is to trade back in the top 10. There are a number of guys that I would be perfectly content with taking between 4-9, all of them can serve an immediate purpose on this team. So why not grab an extra pick or 2 and still get a high quality prospect?

Exception being Ramsey, if he's there I think you have to take him but I'm really convinced San Diego snags him.

This is all under the assumption that teams are open to trading.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm all for trading back, but you have to find a team who's trying to jump another team and who has the resources to make the trade. Only team I see needing to jump another in the top 10 is Philly needing to jump SF, problem is I don't want to help Philly and they don't have a 2nd round pick to trade. I guess they could swap 1st's this year and throw in a 2017 1st, but do we want to wait on that extra pick? I haven't looked at the 2017 draft, depending on talent available it may be the right way to go. This draft is deep at DL, and LB everything else is so so.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four Teams In Play To Trade Up To No. 1 Overall?
39 mins ago 49ers, Browns, Eagles, NFL Draft Rumors, Rams, Titans 0 Comments

Robert Klemko of MMQB.com believes there are four teams in play for trading up with the Titansto No. 1 overall.

These four teams, according to Klemko, include the Browns, 49ers, Eagles and Rams as the four teams who could make the move up the draft board.

While Titans GM Jon Robinson mentioned that it would require “kings ransom” to get the pick, Klemko writes that it would likely cost a team less than what the Redskins paid to get Robert Griffin III — three first-round selections and a second-round pick.

Robinson backed away from the “kings ransom” comment saying that they’re open to any all options right now.

I would say that statement was taken out of context a little bit,’’ Robinson said. “I think the question was: What would it take to move way back in the draft? And my answer was: “It would take several picks for that to happen, a king’s ransom for lack of a better term.

“The reality is we are open to any option that makes our football team better. If that is picking a player, if that is moving the pick, whatever is the best option for the pick, we’ll do it. It is much like a play-call sheet. There’s a lot of play calls listed on those sheets, and whatever call gives us the best opportunity to move the football or stop them from moving the football, it’s the same approach we’re going to take leading up to the draft.

Numerous reports have said that Tennessee is open for business in regards to the top pick and are looking for trade options

Robinson said close to a month ago that he’s spoken to a few teams about possibly trading the No. 1 overall pick. However, Robinson characterized the talks as “exploratory” in nature.

I’ve had a couple of conversations here and there. I think it is really more kind of exploratory at this point,’’ Robinson said, via Jim Wyatt of Titansonline.com. “As we get a little bit closer, a little bit more through the process with the combine and interviews and pro days, I expect there will be a few more exploratory calls, and there may not be. We’ll see.

The Titans earned the No. 1 overall pick after posting a regular season record of 3-13.

I’m sure there will be plenty more talk about the Titans possibly trading their No. 1 overall pick in the coming months.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four Teams In Play To Trade Up To No. 1 Overall?
39 mins ago 49ers, Browns, Eagles, NFL Draft Rumors, Rams, Titans 0 Comments

Robert Klemko of MMQB.com believes there are four teams in play for trading up with the Titansto No. 1 overall.

These four teams, according to Klemko, include the Browns, 49ers, Eagles and Rams as the four teams who could make the move up the draft board.

While Titans GM Jon Robinson mentioned that it would require “kings ransom” to get the pick, Klemko writes that it would likely cost a team less than what the Redskins paid to get Robert Griffin III — three first-round selections and a second-round pick.

Robinson backed away from the “kings ransom” comment saying that they’re open to any all options right now.

I would say that statement was taken out of context a little bit,’’ Robinson said. “I think the question was: What would it take to move way back in the draft? And my answer was: “It would take several picks for that to happen, a king’s ransom for lack of a better term.

“The reality is we are open to any option that makes our football team better. If that is picking a player, if that is moving the pick, whatever is the best option for the pick, we’ll do it. It is much like a play-call sheet. There’s a lot of play calls listed on those sheets, and whatever call gives us the best opportunity to move the football or stop them from moving the football, it’s the same approach we’re going to take leading up to the draft.

Numerous reports have said that Tennessee is open for business in regards to the top pick and are looking for trade options

Robinson said close to a month ago that he’s spoken to a few teams about possibly trading the No. 1 overall pick. However, Robinson characterized the talks as “exploratory” in nature.

I’ve had a couple of conversations here and there. I think it is really more kind of exploratory at this point,’’ Robinson said, via Jim Wyatt of Titansonline.com. “As we get a little bit closer, a little bit more through the process with the combine and interviews and pro days, I expect there will be a few more exploratory calls, and there may not be. We’ll see.

The Titans earned the No. 1 overall pick after posting a regular season record of 3-13.

I’m sure there will be plenty more talk about the Titans possibly trading their No. 1 overall pick in the coming months.
Who knows if this is true or complete BS, but the teams listed all make sense and all desperately need a QB and Tenn you would think would love to get a RGIII type haul of picks to help their team and still maybe take the ND Tackle (who I think may be as good as Tunsil anyway).

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • A source close to Memphis QB Paxton Lynch tells Matt Miller of B/R that “Paxton is very much in the mix for [Dallas].
  • This comes after Lynch worked out for the Cowboys this week and met with Jerry and Stephen Jones along with director of player personnel Will McClay.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows if this is true or complete BS, but the teams listed all make sense and all desperately need a QB and Tenn you would think would love to get a RGIII type haul of picks to help their team and still maybe take the ND Tackle (who I think may be as good as Tunsil anyway).

Here is another option/opinion I haven't seen yet?

Titans
  • Matt Miller gets the feeling that the Titans would take Florida State CB Jalen Ramsey No. 1 overall.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another option/opinion I haven't seen yet?

Titans
  • Matt Miller gets the feeling that the Titans would take Florida State CB Jalen Ramsey No. 1 overall.
I read that last week. You never know, but I would be absolutely shocked if Tenn took him #1. I'd actually be surprised if he went in the top 3. I expect him to be there when we pick and we'll find out what McClay and the crew are thinking. I'm still betting pass rusher for us.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • A source close to Memphis QB Paxton Lynch tells Matt Miller of B/R that “Paxton is very much in the mix for [Dallas].
  • This comes after Lynch worked out for the Cowboys this week and met with Jerry and Stephen Jones along with director of player personnel Will McClay.
I know a lot of people don't, but I like Lynch. I just don't see him on the Cowboys though. I don't think he is the 4th best player in the Country and I don't think he lasts to the 2nd round.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of people don't, but I like Lynch. I just don't see him on the Cowboys though. I don't think he is the 4th best player in the Country and I don't think he lasts to the 2nd round.

So many scenarios, they are also said to be interested in Treadwell, but where would he go? If they really are considering Lynch and could get him at 14-15 or later maybe, Im sure they could find a trade partner and pick up several picks probably. Thats if they targeted Ramsey and he was gone at 4, and weren't loving Bosa or Buckner and Wentz or Goff were gone or not at the top of their list? Its going to get crazy I think this year w lots of moves from several teams