• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 DRAFT

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be the yr. BB knows he does not have many holes, and can't sign all these guys so maybe he makes the big splash. It would be nice...I still think he pulls a deal and moves up in the 2nd while keeping 61. I can also see him trading a 3rd and moving back into the 4th. All those 6th rd picks I would not be shocked if most were traded for next yrs draft.

How? You can't trade comp picks. Not until next year. Of the two 3rd round picks.....one is a comp pick and can't be traded. Of the five 6th round picks, 3 of them are comp picks and can't be traded.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How? You can't trade comp picks. Not until next year. Of the two 3rd round picks.....one is a comp pick and can't be traded. Of the five 6th round picks, 3 of them are comp picks and can't be traded.
I'm with Creep on this one. Naturally BB has to use the 2016 comp picks. Likely BB trades many of the others? He may even package or trade one of the 2nd rounders. Either to move up if that certain player is there or back and get an additional pick or two in 17.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard the Pats released Tyler Gaffney. That makes the need for a running back even more urgent. Since he doesn't seem to be getting much interest, maybe BB can sign Blount to a vet minimum contract with incentives.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard the Pats released Tyler Gaffney. That makes the need for a running back even more urgent. Since he doesn't seem to be getting much interest, maybe BB can sign Blount to a vet minimum contract with incentives.
No biggy. I was never a Gaffney fan. Now maybe he can go play baseball where he may not be as injury prone?

As for Blount I'd wait him out until after the draft. Unless some starting RB from another team gets hurt and expectec to miss significant time? I can't see Blount getting pickec up pre-draft?

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE can trade their pick. I might have gotten the spots mixed up, but they have plenty of their own picks to move up in the 2nd Rd. They keep their comp picks in the 2nd/3rd and make picks, then move their own picks after that.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE being linked to some RB now. With the release of Gaffney makes me think Blount is back in the mix of things for at least 1 yr. I believe NE has been linked to 3 RB for private work outs.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure NE has picks to move up but it would have to be for a player BB feels is a can't miss prospect.

As for RB I'd be Happy with Henry in the 2nd. Or Prosise 3rd orr 4th round. Prosise in my opinion is tough to call where he'll be drafted?

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really depends on how the first goes and who has dropped. BB always grades his players a little different than other teams. So a guy that NE has high, might not be for other teams (Ryan, Harmon, Richards).....I don't see NE going after Henry to be honest. I think the kid from Arkansas (Collins), Utah (Booker), Louisiana Tech (Dixon) are more this teams style. Then you look at guys like Prosise, Howard. Booker was hurt, but can play ball. NE does not look at RB as an impact player, but maybe WR they will now. IDK....I say they move up for a WR or CB

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure OT is thin. Though so at first - now I see a lot of OT's going throughout this draft.

I think some of these guys are moving up, because it is so thin. I see the word "potential" with a lot of these OT. There are only a few that are going to be legit LT (Tunsil, Stanley, Conklin, Decker). After that, who knows...

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blount has be signed.
1 more year.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel better with Blount back. Gives BB a year to develop a rookie at RB.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill has restocked the Patriots through free agency without breaking the bank or messing the cap. The Patriots really don't have any "needs" that have to be made in this draft. BB can look at the roster and who he either knows or feels he won't be able to resign. Collins, Hightower and Butler can all walk. No question, I'd like to see all three get resigned but realistically two will get done. My guess is Collins and Butler will get first priority and Hightower will be third in line.

My guess is that Bill will look for the following.....

OLB to replace Hightower or Collins....has to be a coverage guy.
CB just in case Butler decides to see what he's worth elsewhere
DE to study under Ninkovich for a year.
OT Left side first to back up Solder
OT to back up Vollmer
RB A Curtis Martin sized guy with some speed and some power who can take it up the gut and break it
QB A Brandon Doughty type from Western Kentucky. A pure pocket passer.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really depends on how the first goes and who has dropped. BB always grades his players a little different than other teams. So a guy that NE has high, might not be for other teams (Ryan, Harmon, Richards).....I don't see NE going after Henry to be honest. I think the kid from Arkansas (Collins), Utah (Booker), Louisiana Tech (Dixon) are more this teams style. Then you look at guys like Prosise, Howard. Booker was hurt, but can play ball. NE does not look at RB as an impact player, but maybe WR they will now. IDK....I say they move up for a WR or CB
I'm not against a move up for tge right CB or OT. I think NE is ok at receiver with what they did with FA. Bennett will get a lot of balls. So not many more to go around. A later WR pick that is tall and quick will do. Get him a few catches down field early in the season just to keep defenses honest.

There are a lot of decent RBs throughout the draft. I want a fairly big back though. One who can replace Blount when he goes down. Collins scares me with his fumbling issues. It's been very peaceful having RBs who secure the ball.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not against a move up for tge right CB or OT. I think NE is ok at receiver with what they did with FA. Bennett will get a lot of balls. So not many more to go around. A later WR pick that is tall and quick will do. Get him a few catches down field early in the season just to keep defenses honest.

There are a lot of decent RBs throughout the draft. I want a fairly big back though. One who can replace Blount when he goes down. Collins scares me with his fumbling issues. It's been very peaceful having RBs who secure the ball.

I keep seeing Boyd (WR, Pitt) and Jones (CB, Bama) linked to NE.I would be good with those picks TBH. If you are going to move up for a OT, you better make sure he is going to be better than what you have. If the guy is not there, I have no issues with signing Volly or Solder for another yr. This OL was very good before all the injuries happened. Solder is as good of a LT there is, and better when actually healthy. 2 yrs ago he had testicular cancer, played better at the end of the season. This yr it was his bicep. Thing is NE, never reaches....and I think that continues..

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep seeing Boyd (WR, Pitt) and Jones (CB, Bama) linked to NE.I would be good with those picks TBH. If you are going to move up for a OT, you better make sure he is going to be better than what you have. If the guy is not there, I have no issues with signing Volly or Solder for another yr. This OL was very good before all the injuries happened. Solder is as good of a LT there is, and better when actually healthy. 2 yrs ago he had testicular cancer, played better at the end of the season. This yr it was his bicep. Thing is NE, never reaches....and I think that continues..
I'm not looking at the OT needing to start this year. Learn from Scar. Replace Solder or Vollmer when either of them move on eventually. It's never a sexy pick but it's never too early to start building for the future.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots will be looking at Shon Coleman. This guy spent two years fighting cancer. 30 Months of Chemotherapy. He backed up Greg Robinson for a year and then came back cancer free with a vengeance. Started 25 straight games and became All-SEC.6'6" 313. They'll also try to grab OT Joe Heag North Dakota State 6'6" 310. Has the feet of a dancer and the strength of a buffalo. Perfect future LT.

The running backs will be Alex Collins if he's still available in Round 6 or Kenyon Drake of Alabama. Now I'll give you a pick for Round 7.............no one has heard of him but he has All-Pro DNA......Derek Watt Wisconson. 6'2" 235. quick and a bull. He's also JJ's little brother.

Three wide receivers to watch are Keyarris Garrett of Tulsa 6'3" 221, Leonte Carroo of Rutgers 6'0' 217 and a true sleeper from UMASS Tajae Sharpe 6'2" 190.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to the draft this year. BB has a lot of picks to play with. If the Pats can get a good between-the-tackles running back, offensive lineman (preferably a LT) and a developmental pick as an X receiver I would be happy. The Navy QB sounds intriguing and, with his skills, could become another Edelman. I still wonder about Amendola and Cannon, with their $10M cap hit. Although I would hate to lose Dola, he may not want to take a pay cut for the second year in a row. Being out here in NE Ohio, I know how desperate the Browns are for a good WR. Josh Gordon just had another positive drug test and his status this season (or any NFL season) is very much in doubt. Their #2 receiver, Travis Benjamin, signed with another team. The top WR now is Brian Hartline, a good #2 guy at best. RG III needs all the help he can get and a surehanded slot receiver like Amendola would be invaluable for converting those third and long situations as well as a veteran wide body like Cannon on the O line. The Pats should be able to get Cleveland's 4th or 5th round draft choice in a trade, maybe even a high pick in 2017.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this Easley thing certainly changes things up. There are also rumors about NE going 3-4 now. So if this is the case, add DT and ILB to the draft needs. We can kiss WR/RB in the 2nd goodbye. I still think NE trades up.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this Easley thing certainly changes things up. There are also rumors about NE going 3-4 now. So if this is the case, add DT and ILB to the draft needs. We can kiss WR/RB in the 2nd goodbye. I still think NE trades up.
Possibly the reason BB signed Blount? Luckily, there are a lot of RBs in this draft.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly the reason BB signed Blount? Luckily, there are a lot of RBs in this draft.

Well from what I read, not sure if true. NE offered him a deal and he wanted better. He couldn't find anything better, so he went back to NE.