• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 - 2017

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD, I coached kids 5 years old through high school. Never once in 44 years did I teach a kids to forcefullky roll into the legs of another player. A tackle is something that 95% of defensive backs in the NFL cannot perform properly. Arms extended apart, contact the other player between the numbers and top of the knee area. Wrap the arms around the legs of the other player and grasp your wrist with your other hand. Do not grab your on hand when tackling or the force of the other player's step will break your grip.

Ward dove into Gronk's leg impacting his knee with the back of his shoulder. That is not a tackle by definition.

I know he's a Bronco and you will protect him to your death or until he plays somewhere else, but it was a cheap shot in my opinion and my experience as a youth coach.

I can't argue the cheap shot Ken but Gronk was fully extended with his knee hyper-extended.
Gronk might have torn his hamstring on the catch if he wasn't hit......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading the local paper this morning and the Union Leader usually picks up a lot of their sports articles from the Boston Herald or Boston Globe. One little snipet this morning caught my eye.

The New England Patriots are undefeated on the road this year. Both of their losses have come at Gillette. Gillette has always been the security blanket for this team but this year some interesting little facts come out.

Offense: Home - 135 points scored or 22.5 PPG
Away - 184 points scored or 26.2 PPG

Defense Home - 97 points given up or 16.2 PPG
Away - 110 points given up or 15.7 PPG

What this says to me is that the Patriots have played with more focus and have done their homework before leaving Gillette to visit Arizona, Buffalo or New York. I'd be willing to bet that Blount, Lewis and White have spent as more time in the film room this week with McDaniels and Fears than on the practice field. My guess is that Blount will get the ball at least 25 times this week and Lewis will be going in as soon as Bronco defensive linemen start putting hands on hips after a play. Pats will have over 150 on the ground this week.

Blount wants the Pats all time rushing TD record that is presently held by Curtis Martin. He has 14 right now and I'd expect he'll have 16 when he leaves Denver Sunday night.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount wants the Pats all time rushing TD record that is presently held by Curtis Martin. He has 14 right now and I'd expect he'll have 16 when he leaves Denver Sunday night.

I hope he has 16 and a contract extension.