• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2015 National League Division Series - Dodgers / Mets

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot better than Anderson.

No, I don't think they are hoping to get a K every at bat, but the ability to K someone when necessary would be nice.

Alot better? Doesn't that fall under the it doesn't matter if you lost by 1 or 10, you still lost!

And I agree with you, it's nice to be able to get a strikeout when you really need it, but even strikeout pitchers aren't going to get that needed strikeout when they need it, all the time, they are going to walk a guy or give up a hit, just like any other non strikeout pitcher!l

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYE BYE Mattingly

:lm:

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Villian as he really thought this team has a shot.... Stats do not win playoff series. Stealing third with no cover does.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious as to what Ethier was yelling at Mattingly about. Could it be for not bunting Turner over into a Sac Fly situation on countless occasions?

Not Mattingly's fault at all, Mattingly was not the one who was supposed to cover 3rd base on Murphy's steal and he also wasn't the one who decides to pitch Murphy inside with no one on base. Murphy has missed maybe once or twice on pitches inside, he was pulling pitches all series long.

Don't really see the point in firing Mattingly now, if they were going to do it they should have done it last year when they could have gotten Joe Maddon, who would they replace him with now - Ozzie Guillen?

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking hurts every year.

A lot of changes upcoming I guess. Hope Mattingly sticks around tbh, don't want to feel like we're completely starting over mid prime winning years.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Villian as he really thought this team has a shot.... Stats do not win playoff series. Stealing third with no cover does.

What do you mean? of course stats should win it for you! we have one of the best offenses,(well we did the first month of the season anyway!) we have some of the best players, Sabrmetrics proves that! :)

Oh and strikeouts are a more important out than any other! Gee Greinke got Wright to hit into 2 double plays his first start, if he could have gotten the DP in the first inning last night against Wright, Granderson doesn't score, we possibly win, but he didnt, he got that all mighty strikeout against him instead!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious as to what Ethier was yelling at Mattingly about. Could it be for not bunting Turner over into a Sac Fly situation on countless occasions?

Not Mattingly's fault at all, Mattingly was not the one who was supposed to cover 3rd base on Murphy's steal and he also wasn't the one who decides to pitch Murphy inside with no one on base. Murphy has missed maybe once or twice on pitches inside, he was pulling pitches all series long.

Don't really see the point in firing Mattingly now, if they were going to do it they should have done it last year when they could have gotten Joe Maddon, who would they replace him with now - Ozzie Guillen?

Ya that arguement seemed a little strange in that situation?

As far as Mattingly, no he didn't make those plays, but they need to junk the defensive shift, I've seen guys steal second, pop up and go to third, I've seen just as many times when guys beat the shift anyway! Teams never use to do it and they were just fine!

But Mattingly keeps going to the bullpen with 2 outs and the game more or less on the line with his 2 best pitchers on the mound, ya it worked out for him last night, but I don't care who is in the bullpen, no one, NO ONE, is better than Kershaw or Greinke coming out of that bullpen. If you are going to more or less lose the game right there in that situation, you should go with your best option, that would be Kershaw or Grienke, Period!!!

His by the book lineups have to go also! Other teams seem to scatter the lineup both righties and lefties, lots of times it's righty, lefty every Other hitter, seems like their lefties hit our lefties pretty well! Why allow the opposing pichter to get in a groove where he can throw the pitch in about the same place every pitch, can't do that with a every other righty lefty in there.

As far as letting Utley pinch hit, it's the last inning, sure Joc has struggled mightily in the second half, but he still has that chance to connect and go deep in possibly the last inning of your year! Utley hit a solid .215, come on?

We can have any guy manage this team if all they are going to do is go by the book, hell I could do That!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean? of course stats should win it for you! we have one of the best offenses,(well we did the first month of the season anyway!) we have some of the best players, Sabrmetrics proves that! :)

Oh and strikeouts are a more important out than any other! Gee Greinke got Wright to hit into 2 double plays his first start, if he could have gotten the DP in the first inning last night against Wright, Granderson doesn't score, we possibly win, but he didnt, he got that all mighty strikeout against him instead!

Right, and the Dodgers failing with RISP for 4 straight innings didn't have nothing to do with it lol.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting Seager in the 2 hole was a huge mistake though, he was 0-7 with RISP in the series.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, and the Dodgers failing with RISP for 4 straight innings didn't have nothing to do with it lol.

The argument was about the all mighty strikeout being the be all end all out in baseball according to some on here, obviously we sucked all year with RISP. We had ONE guy who had more than 60 RBI'S this year, that is not good, even on bad teams!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting Seager in the 2 hole was a huge mistake though, he was 0-7 with RISP in the series.

Why is that worse than anyone else, no one produced with RISP!

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Villian must be taking this latest loss really tough....