• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2015 National League Division Series - Dodgers / Mets

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 1: Friday, Oct. 9 at home team
Game 2: Saturday, Oct. 10 at home team
Game 3: Monday, Oct. 12 at road team
Game 4*: Tuesday, Oct. 13 at road team
Game 5*: Thursday, Oct. 15 at home team
*if necessary

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Dodgers! Think Blue! the game is about to start. :suds:

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's do this.............. :yahoo:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what happens tonite, they should sit Gonzalez next game and put Crawford on the " I suck list" and forget about him. Dodgers are the Bengals of baseball.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's Villain at? Would love to hear his take on 'slidegate'.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Dirty" but legal.

Utley being suspended is a fucking joke.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suspension makes no sense.

Second base is one of the most subjective places in baseball (second to the strike zone). Let's not forget San Diego this year when an umpire took a one man stand against a century of baseball and said that he did not believe in the "in the neighborhood play."

I've seen players slide like Utley and get called for interference and I've seen them not get called. I've seen players slide out wider and not get called. Or I've seen the baserunners hand in the air inadvertently block the throw to first and both runners get called out. I've seen runners touch the bag and get called for interference. Point being, how can you suspend a guy when there are no defined rules? It's at the discretion of an umpire's subjective belief.

Slide was dirty, but any wise, veteran player makes that play.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tejada doesn't break his leg on that play then everyone would be praising Utley's slide and his 'winning ways'. Guaranteed. Tejada should have just taken the force out, a veteran SS like Rollins doesn't attempt a dangerous and impossible DP like that. Also guaranteed.

I can understand the suspension because of how much the Mets players cried about it, MLB trying to avoid retaliation.

Last edited:

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's Villain at? Would love to hear his take on 'slidegate'.
I hate the slide and I think the suspension is stupid. Utley is a 2nd baseman, he's been slid into like that as many times as any baseball player in history. He knows what he's doing, and he knows he's just playing baseball.

It sucks that Tejada is hurt. MLB should make a better rule to protect these guys. I hope Utley wins his appeal because I think it's a joke to suspend him on a play that's happened multiple times this year without anyone else ever getting fined or suspended.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what happens tonite, they should sit Gonzalez next game and put Crawford on the " I suck list" and forget about him. Dodgers are the Bengals of baseball.
agonz-fu.gif

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suspension makes no sense.

Second base is one of the most subjective places in baseball (second to the strike zone). Let's not forget San Diego this year when an umpire took a one man stand against a century of baseball and said that he did not believe in the "in the neighborhood play."

I've seen players slide like Utley and get called for interference and I've seen them not get called. I've seen players slide out wider

and not get called. Or I've seen the baserunners hand in the air inadvertently block the throw to first and both runners get called out. I've seen runners touch the bag and get called for interference. Point being, how can you suspend a guy when there are no defined rules? It's at the discretion of an umpire's subjective belief.

Slide was dirty, but any wise, veteran player makes that play.

Joe Torre is spineless, he caved in to the complaints, players played a lot harder and more of this happened back in the day when Torre played, as others have said, if he doesn't break his leg, it wouldn't be as big of a deal.
That's fine if you want to change something going forward, but don't make an example of Utley in the mean time, as you have said, it's happened many times before this, unfortunately this time someone got seriously hurt!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gonzo didn't have a great game,it was average but you don't sit one of your best hitters. I'm sure he has had other games this year where e struck out 3 times, that happens when you face a good strikeout pitcher! That would be like saying Kershaw had a bad 7th inning, maybe he shouldnt start his next game?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utley's slide was dirty but these were perfectly clean apparently.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzo didn't have a great game,it was average but you don't sit one of your best hitters. I'm sure he has had other games this year where e struck out 3 times, that happens when you face a good strikeout pitcher! That would be like saying Kershaw had a bad 7th inning, maybe he shouldnt start his next game?

Why even respond to that drivel. That guy is an asshat.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping Anderson can prove me wrong tonight, twice over. 3 out of the 5 Mets runs so far this series have been on homeruns, good luck getting the ball up against Anderson.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping Anderson can prove me wrong tonight, twice over. 3 out of the 5 Mets runs so far this series have been on homeruns, good luck getting the ball up against Anderson.

Vegas had the Mets at -190 last night. Clearly think the Mets will tonight.... Harvey has been very human in moments during the regular season. I think the Dodgers have a great shot if they can muster up 4 runs.