• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 WR (only) FA's

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Fitzgerald: Best hands in the NFL - CBSSports.com

When Kris Durham is mentioned with the likes of these names, that should be enough said......Maybe Golden Tate was simply required to replace him....Still need another WR, but we made progress.

Agreed, the good thing is with athe addition of tate the lions wr corp is already better than last years. Now if stafford could only throw them the ball....

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is all on the recent arguments, I know that when I am part of a discussion in a thread and it gets merged I don't tend to go back to it. I don't want to dig into all the unrelated material to find the one post that was a reply to mine.

I think the only reason these threads get clicked on is because they are sticky so always on top.

Im sure its a combination of both. I know of a few posters that tend to stay away due to the unneccessary behavior.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure its a combination of both. I know of a few posters that tend to stay away due to the unneccessary behavior.

'Behavior' looks like a French word.

Football.

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting night for the WRs. With Megatron out there were more reps to be had, but I was disappointed to see Durham running with the ones in his stead.

Corey Fuller may have climbed a spot or two on the bottom of the WR depth chart. He looked good against the Browns scrubs and was good in coverage on special teams all night. If he plays that well for the next three preseason games he'll be a tough cut, especially if he can carve out a special teams role. He's the best athlete on our team and has made some real strides since last year, so he's definitely one to keep an eye on.

Andrew Peacock also stood out. It was against back-ups and scrubs, but he was impressive none-the-less. He did have one ugly drop, but seemed to rebound well, which is good to see.

Pat Edwards actually caught a pass in a game! I thought that was just a camp hoax by Burleson last year.

After all the camp hype, all Ogilvy did was drop big first down catch. He still went out when the starters did, though, so he still appears to be in command of the 3rd WR role. Hopefully we all get to see him haul in a pass or two next week so we're not left with the image of the ball bouncing off his facemask for too much longer.

Tater Salad had a nice grab for a first down on his lone series. I'm encouraged to see him reach out and pluck a Stafford fastball across the middle like that.

Broyles was perhaps the biggest winner yesterday. He was thought to be pushing for the #3 spot through OTAs but has been running as the #4 through camp so far. Either way, he showed he belongs on the roster last night, looking perfectly healthy after three straight seasons of major injuries. Getting him back and healthy would be a major boost to a receiving corps that is slowly inching closer to a respectable unit. I think we'll have a much better idea of just where things are at by season's end, but this is a very WR friendly offense.

Jeremy Ross looked exactly like last season as a returner and and a nice catch that he turned into a narrow first down via a helluva effort to keep his balance for an extra yard as he lunged out of bounds.

I think T.J. Jones is headed for a readshirt season, 49ers style. I think he'll open the season on the PUP, practice for that 3 week window we're allowed to bring him off the PUP without putting him on the active roster, then go on the IR for the season. He'll come to camp next year ready to fight for a spot, much like Fuller did this year after a season on the practice squad.

Overall I think the WRs had an encouraging day on the whole. We're finally starting to develop some competition for those last few spots...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see you give your thoughts on the WRs in the Bears vs. Eagles game.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting night for the WRs. With Megatron out there were more reps to be had, but I was disappointed to see Durham running with the ones in his stead.
I'm actually happy CJ wasn't out there and hopefully doesn't see much preseason time. It's CJ and we know what we get out of him. He doesn't need to get used to the game speed b/c he's been doing this for years. I'd almost rather him sit these games and let the offense get reps without him so that if he does go down, the end of the world could still be stopped.

Andrew Peacock also stood out. It was against back-ups and scrubs, but he was impressive none-the-less. He did have one ugly drop, but seemed to rebound well, which is good to see.
I thought he played well too. That first drop was huge and even said that he probably lost his roster spot right there. But he definitely bounced back and even showed some quickness. I still highly doubt he makes the roster, but he still played well, minus that drop.

After all the camp hype, all Ogilvy did was drop big first down catch. He still went out when the starters did, though, so he still appears to be in command of the 3rd WR role. Hopefully we all get to see him haul in a pass or two next week so we're not left with the image of the ball bouncing off his facemask for too much longer.
I thought he played the worst out of all receivers. The drop he had went right through his hands, even as he was looking it in. If he can't concentrate harder in a preseason game, I don't want him out there when it actually means something. It's not like he hasn't ever played in an NFL game before. I expected more out of him and hope he loses his roster spot.

Broyles was perhaps the biggest winner yesterday.
As far as receivers go, I'd have to agree. He looked sure-handed(like he always has) but he looked very quick as well. I am never worried about his hands, just his health. If he can remain healthy throughout camp and preseason games, I see him taking Ogletree's spot. Then hopefully he stays healthy throughout the season.

Jeremy Ross looked exactly like last season as a returner and and a nice catch that he turned into a narrow first down via a helluva effort to keep his balance for an extra yard as he lunged out of bounds
I'm not too concerned with his offensive play. He will be our primary return man and he looked excellent Saturday night. Let's hope it continues.

I'm going to add in a player that I think needs to be included, Ebron. He didn't do too well, receiving or blocking. He had a pass broken up by the defender that I felt he should've caught. He also didn't look too fast out there. Hopefully they simply didn't open up the playbook for him yet. He does need to get better at blocking though, even if he will be used as a pass-catcher more times than a blocker.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're in good shape at WR and don't need to sign anybody, but I'd bring in Vincent Brown to see where he's at health-wise. I'm surprised the Chargers would cut a young WR who has shown decent production in his only two NFL seasons. Good "short list" guy in case one of our WRs gets hurt, imo...