• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized how much I love baseball...I watched more than 100 games of this awful season...what the fuck is wrong with me?

Same thing that's wrong with the rest of us RANGERITIS, very rare disease that has no affect on the casual Rangers fan

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. Did I say something about Moreland?

Sorry DT. I didn't realize I attached that to your message until it was too late. I guess I was hurrying to get back to watching the Cowboys.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will be something the team needs to address. Unless Choice shows something he hasn't...which I don't think he will.

As much as he struggles in the COF spots he would really be garbage in CF so I agree with that last statement.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized how much I love baseball...I watched more than 100 games of this awful season...what the fuck is wrong with me?

Right there with you Rev. Anytime I was home I would watch the game. Cannot help myself.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched 80-90 games. Still better than a lot of people ( not on this board) considering the product on the field.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby Lewis is done. If the Rangers actually bring back Colby with his grooved fastballs and his 5 plus ERA then we are in worse shape than I thought. I appreciate all the innings and effort Colby gave the Rangers, including some great postseason starts, but bringing him back is a sure sign of a white flag already for 2015.

I've gone on record that this team won't be contending again until 2016-17. But Colby would just eat innings that other young pitchers could be getting to prep for a return to contention in 2016.

In 2016 the Angels will be paying 5 players over 100 million dollars with a very thin farm system. That's when we get back in the mix for an AL West title.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry DT. I didn't realize I attached that to your message until it was too late. I guess I was hurrying to get back to watching the Cowboys.
No problem. I was going back and forth also.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby Lewis is done. If the Rangers actually bring back Colby with his grooved fastballs and his 5 plus ERA then we are in worse shape than I thought. I appreciate all the innings and effort Colby gave the Rangers, including some great postseason starts, but bringing him back is a sure sign of a white flag already for 2015.

I've gone on record that this team won't be contending again until 2016-17. But Colby would just eat innings that other young pitchers could be getting to prep for a return to contention in 2016.

In 2016 the Angels will be paying 5 players over 100 million dollars with a very thin farm system. That's when we get back in the mix for an AL West title.

I agree with your timetable on us contending again. That is why I am in favor of bringing back Colby on a one year deal with maybe an option for another year. He would be a placeholder for me until guys like Gonzalez, Jackson, Thompson and others are ready. By 2016 our rotation should be Yu, Derek, Perez, Chi Chi, and the best of the rest.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with your timetable on us contending again. That is why I am in favor of bringing back Colby on a one year deal with maybe an option for another year. He would be a placeholder for me until guys like Gonzalez, Jackson, Thompson and others are ready. By 2016 our rotation should be Yu, Derek, Perez, Chi Chi, and the best of the rest.

I can understand both logics and as they make sense. With that being said I do not want us to just lay down and think that 2015 is lost. We need to keep the petal to the metal while Beltre is still around. If Colby can truly help us be competitive then I am all for it but if he is just a place holder for 160 innings or more then it is time to move on and give someone else a chance.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watched every single game, but I always do. When I'm out at my sons soccer practice or his games I DVR them. It makes it a lot easier to watch without the commercials.

I grew up watching them suck. I watched them then and loved it, and nothing has changed. I can't wait for next year though.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand both logics and as they make sense. With that being said I do not want us to just lay down and think that 2015 is lost. We need to keep the petal to the metal while Beltre is still around. If Colby can truly help us be competitive then I am all for it but if he is just a place holder for 160 innings or more then it is time to move on and give someone else a chance.

I think JD thinks they can compete without spending anymore money than they have been according to what he has already said. That being the case he is going to have to depend on cheap players and Colby should be cheap. I think JD thinks all we need to compete is to be healthy and make cheap additions. He is counting heavily on Fielder returning to be the player he was a few years back. Kind of like he depended on Fielder and Harrison doing that last season.

Last edited by a moderator:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beltre has outlasted the Rangers timeframe to contend. I am afraid that what he gives us next year will be given to a .500 team. Once we get really good again Beltre will be past his prime.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre has outlasted the Rangers timeframe to contend. I am afraid that what he gives us next year will be given to a .500 team. Once we get really good again Beltre will be past his prime.
He's only signed through next year. So the big question next year is do we sign him as primarily as a DH or let him walk. It's gotta come down to that.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only signed through next year. So the big question next year is do we sign him as primarily as a DH or let him walk. It's gotta come down to that.

He has a very attainable vesting option so he will probably be here 2 years. As long as he doesn't miss anymore time than he missed this year he will get to the number of Plate Appearances that he needs to vest.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You keep him until he has 3,000 hits and let him retire a Ranger. There is no other answer that is acceptable.