• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you name me a player who has ever prospered doing so please?

And it wouldn't just be his head you're fucking with. Keep that in mind.

I am not even going to bother looking it up, because it's irrelevant. Leonys would get far more PAs leading off, because there are more RHP in the league. He would have over 100 games leading off and maybe 50 hitting 8th. There is nothing wrong with that. Texas is going to have to play to their strengths next year to have any shot at competing. I honestly have no idea what the issue is here. It's either this or platoon him and he only gets ~105 starts next year.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I responded to this before reading all the thread pages. Everyone knows not to listen to everything JD says though. He's not going to tell the fans, hey "expect us to sign one of the top FA pitchers." I think he's probably being realistic here though because I think we'll end up trading for a starter or 2. I'm still guessing it will be with the Reds.

Reds look like a good trade partner.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not even going to bother looking it up, because it's irrelevant. Leonys would get far more PAs leading off, because there are more RHP in the league. He would have over 100 games leading off and maybe 50 hitting 8th. There is nothing wrong with that. Texas is going to have to play to their strengths next year to have any shot at competing. I honestly have no idea what the issue is here. It's either this or platoon him and he only gets ~105 starts next year.

The problem is, you're proposing something which hasn't and doesn't happen. Never has. You're making this sound like it's somewhat of a "no-brainer" and this isn't true.

Rev.....you're a good baseball man. Therefore you know, baseball players are creatures of habit. They show up at the park knowing their position in both the field and batting order, everyday. All of em do it, with every team, everyday.

Your suggestion of a platoon may/could hold some merit. But we don't have the other 50 games of merit you're speaking of for his platoon-mate on our team to date.

And again -lastly actually - Leonys has prospered under the confidence shown him by our interim manager.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK gents.....let's keep the off season fires burning.

But for now, it's dinner and Cowpaddie tiem.

Have a nice evening.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirkman, Adduci, Cotts, Moreland, Ross...and I've thought about this...Rosales. He's come crack to earth these last few weeks, I think we have better alternatives with Rua and Sardinas.

He had a bad game today, but not using that in making my decision.

I think this is a good list to start with. And I want Bogar manager, Maddux as pitching coach and MY as hitting coach. Not sure if MY will oblige. Definitely want Choo to be in RF/DH and not in LF. Want us to quit messing with guys who should stay in the BP and were successful there and trying to make them starters. Need a serviceable catcher to team up with Chirinos but not Telis. Would love Martin but he may cost too much after the year he had with Pittsburgh. I will stop for now.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a good list to start with. And I want Bogar manager, Maddux as pitching coach and MY as hitting coach. Not sure if MY will oblige. Definitely want Choo to be in RF/DH and not in LF. Want us to quit messing with guys who should stay in the BP and were successful there and trying to make them starters. Need a serviceable catcher to team up with Chirinos but not Telis. Would love Martin but he may cost too much after the year he had with Pittsburgh. I will stop for now.

I would love Russell Martin too, but I read recently the Pirates are willing to pay him to stay.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, you're proposing something which hasn't and doesn't happen. Never has. You're making this sound like it's somewhat of a "no-brainer" and this isn't true.

Rev.....you're a good baseball man. Therefore you know, baseball players are creatures of habit. They show up at the park knowing their position in both the field and batting order, everyday. All of em do it, with every team, everyday.

Your suggestion of a platoon may/could hold some merit. But we don't have the other 50 games of merit you're speaking of for his platoon-mate on our team to date.

And again -lastly actually - Leonys has prospered under the confidence shown him by our interim manager.

Guys move down in the order all the time because of handedness. It should be no different for leadoff hitters. Just like the notion of one set closer is bad for baseball the notion of one set leadoff hitter is silly too. You should be able to play with the lineup and ride the hot bat when need be.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good start. Who backs up Leo in CF if Robertson leaves?
Am I missing someone?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good start. Who backs up Leo in CF if Robertson leaves?
Am I missing someone?

Robertson has no value. Even as a backup for Leo. Check the numbers. He's a wasted roster spot.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robertson has no value. Even as a backup for Leo. Check the numbers. He's a wasted roster spot.
Agree, was trying to remember who we have if anyone.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, was trying to remember who we have if anyone.

That will be something the team needs to address. Unless Choice shows something he hasn't...which I don't think he will.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
General consensus .

I don't mind Moreland coming back as a backup to Rua at 1B. Moreland would be a good guy to have on the bench.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized how much I love baseball...I watched more than 100 games of this awful season...what the fuck is wrong with me?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Moreland coming back as a backup to Rua at 1B. Moreland would be a good guy to have on the bench.
OK. Did I say something about Moreland?