• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best part of Major League is when Lou Brown chastises Dorn for not getting in front of the ball, that part always made me think of PADMY

I like when Dorn is bitching about what's not in his contract. Lou throws his contract on the ground and pisses on it.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love a ton of baseball movies. I don't know if I have a clear cut favorite but I'd probably go with Bull Durham.

Other baseball movies worth noting to me:

The Sandlot
major league 1 & 2
the natural
field of dreams
eight men out
bad news bears

I'm sure there's a bunch more but these are what come to mind immediately.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, not arguing that. Just saying metrics are not to be cast asunder.

Kinda like what I love about JD and how the organization is handling the side between old school and the new school with metrics. They definitely take a holistic approach which is the way it should be I think.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love a ton of baseball movies. I don't know if I have a clear cut favorite but I'd probably go with Bull Durham.

Other baseball movies worth noting to me:

The Sandlot
major league 1 & 2
the natural
field of dreams
eight men out
bad news bears

I'm sure there's a bunch more but these are what come to mind immediately.
42 had some merit

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A League of Their Own

"I especially liked the part in the 4th inning where you scratched your balls for an hour. Well I do what I can."

Last edited by a moderator:

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels in the Outfield

Dude no freakin joke I was going to put that on my list but didn't know how the reaction would be. I loved the movie when it came out and I saw it again maybe a year or so ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I mean it is what it is right?

Other ones that I liked back in the day at least was Little Big League and Rookie of the year.

And yes it is a chick flick but it was a really good one but for love of the game was good too IMO.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude no freakin joke I was going to put that on my list but didn't know how the reaction would be. I loved the movie when it came out and I saw it again maybe a year or so ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I mean it is what it is right?

Other ones that I liked back in the day at least was Little Big League and Rookie of the year.

And yes it is a chick flick but it was a really good one but for love of the game was good too IMO.

For the Love of the Game was actually good, and certainly had a good amount of baseball "Clear the Mechanism"

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been years since I seen these but Cobb and The Babe were somewhat ok. If I saw them again now not sure I would like them but when I saw them they were watchable from what I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.