• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 fantasy rankings

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13. Evan Gattis (Braves): Granted this ranking is contingent on the Braves not resigning McCann or going out and signing another catcher. Gattis burst onto the scene and put on a hitting display in McCann’s absence and soon had fantasy owners calling for McCann to be traded. The honeymoon was over when McCann returned and Gattis spent the next 3 months in a part-time role lucky enough to hit his weight. He recovered in September as a spot opened up for him in the outfield. If he can show the ability to hit for average he could move up a few spots, but if he can’t he’s going to be slightly more valuable than Russell Martin.

Is he still considered a catcher? He has played more OF then Catcher... But then again that's because of McCann

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13. Evan Gattis (Braves): Granted this ranking is contingent on the Braves not resigning McCann or going out and signing another catcher. Gattis burst onto the scene and put on a hitting display in McCann’s absence and soon had fantasy owners calling for McCann to be traded. The honeymoon was over when McCann returned and Gattis spent the next 3 months in a part-time role lucky enough to hit his weight. He recovered in September as a spot opened up for him in the outfield. If he can show the ability to hit for average he could move up a few spots, but if he can’t he’s going to be slightly more valuable than Russell Martin.

Is he still considered a catcher? He has played more OF then Catcher... But then again that's because of McCann

Most leagues go by games played the previous year so Gattis should qualify at both C (42) and OF (48).

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since didn't see them and in a rather large (30) team dynasty league...where do you have guys like...Dan Black CHW, Michah Johnson CHW, Seth Mejas-Brean Cin, Ryan Rua TEX, Jayce Boyd Tex, Preston Tucker COL...some guys I have to make decisions on this off season.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DaBums55 I love your Royals enthusiasm: I really do :)

How many minors can you hold. That's a deep deep bunch.... I'll try to offer some views tomorrow for you. (some I'm less familiar with tbh)

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DaBums55 I love your Royals enthusiasm: I really do :)

How many minors can you hold. That's a deep deep bunch.... I'll try to offer some views tomorrow for you. (some I'm less familiar with tbh)

its a 30 team 50 player a team league....you can hold up to 35 minor leaguers per team but realistically most teams have 10 to 20.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since didn't see them and in a rather large (30) team dynasty league...where do you have guys like...Dan Black CHW, Michah Johnson CHW, Seth Mejas-Brean Cin, Ryan Rua TEX, Jayce Boyd Tex, Preston Tucker COL...some guys I have to make decisions on this off season.

After some research...I wouldn't throw any back with up to 35 per team. They're all intriguing to some degree. Mejis-Brean, Johnson, Rua, Boyd for sure. Tucker still young. Black is too close to drop now. And he keeps gettting better.
I'd keep the depth. Not sure any of these guys are in leagues with shallow systems (ie 12 teams 12 minors), but in 30 teams 35 minors, or even 20 minors, these are solid guys. I'm holding.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got to wonder....Fielder 31????? holy crap over Ellsbury, Wacha, Carpenter, Profar, Posey, W Myers, Kipnis..Molina.etc...even Medlen or Adrian Gonzales I would draft before Fielder.

Fielder sure has seen his stock drop after a disappointing 2013. He still hit 25 HR drove in 106. From a fantasy perspective, there aren't a lot surer first basemen. Or surer bets to consistently hit 25-30 HR and 100RBIs over the next 5-7 years. While the young guys are nice and exciting, at 29 reports of Fielder's demise are greatly exaggerated. If you were to ask me, who will hit 130 HR and drive in 500 over the next 5 years, my list is going to be small and Fielder likely on it.
In a dynasty league would I expect to receive more than Profar for Fielder? yes. Kipnis? maybe not because of the belief in 2B scarcity. But Ellsbury, Wacha, Carpenter I don't believe get it done either. By the end of 2014 with steps up from those guys, it could happen. For now, I'd bet on Fielder.
Just my perspective....thanks for reading and checking it out though. Greatly appreciated!!

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After some research...I wouldn't throw any back with up to 35 per team. They're all intriguing to some degree. Mejis-Brean, Johnson, Rua, Boyd for sure. Tucker still young. Black is too close to drop now. And he keeps gettting better.
I'd keep the depth. Not sure any of these guys are in leagues with shallow systems (ie 12 teams 12 minors), but in 30 teams 35 minors, or even 20 minors, these are solid guys. I'm holding.

Thanks,

I am considering a few guys this year (outside of the draft class, we get 3 of them)...

what about Pinto, Peraza, Darnell Sweeney, Hinkle, Medica over any of the guys I already listed? I would have to get rid of some of the guys to replace with any of these guys.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loving the write ups Buster and Rev!! Don't think you're going unnoticed... :clap:

I have a feeling I will be better prepared at this year's draft more than any in the past... with that in mind, I have the 5th pick for my 2014 re-draft, 15-team H2H points league. You may remember from last year, but I'll refresh...

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, OF, OF, OF, OF, DH/C, UTIL

SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP

Relievers must be closers. Weekly lineups. Points are pretty standard for batters (half a point for BB, minus 1 for K's, minus 2 for GDP), pitcher points are W: 9, L: -3, QS: 4, K: 1, IP: (half a point), ER: -1, CG: 2, SO: 3

reference from 2013 -- top 15 batters / pitchers (with point totals)

Miggy (513)........... / ............ Scherzer (558)
Trout (484).......... / ............ Kershaw (549)
Davis (450)........... / ............ Wainwright (535)
Carpenter (441)........... / ............ Darvish (489)
Goldy .............. / .............. Lee
Edwin ............. / .............. Zimmermann
Cutch ............. / ............... Kimbrel
Cano ............... / ............... CJ Wilson
Beltre ............. / ............. Anibal Sanchez
Pence ............. / ............. Shields
Jones ............. / ............. Iwakuma
Papi ............. / .............. Sale
Donaldson ............ / ............ Colon
Pedroia ............ / ............. Holland
Ellsbury (375)............ / ............. Bumgarner (415)

... can't believe Colon is on this list... not to mention Carpenter 4th!! -- as of now, I'm staring at Goldy... draft is not until late March, but you guys got me thinking already!!!! -- keep it up!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, OF, OF, OF, OF, DH/C, UTIL

SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP

Relievers must be closers.

well, meaning they can't be starters -- and DH must be real eligible DH's (15 games last year, or 10 in the current year to gain eligibility there)

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks TKO , appreciate that!

We're having a blast too.
I had 5th pick in our mock and got Cano. 5 is good spot!! :)
Everyone was unhappy with slots 6-10....it's early but I think slots 1-5 won't drop.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loving the write ups Buster and Rev!! Don't think you're going unnoticed... :clap:

Very much appreciated.
You do realize I'm padding the rankings so I can get my guys in the MBBRL league? :laugh3:
This is gonna be an interesting year come draft time, I just hope the guys in my keeper league don't visit the site or it could be a long year.:L

Reverend Jim has done it again...This time it's SP:
Starting Pitchers: Top 74 for 2014 | The Fantasy Assembly

That was a tough list, but at least I got it down to 108 players. I'm dreading the BIG LIST!