• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 fantasy rankings

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am having one of my fantasy baseball draft tomorrow(we do a reactionary draft based purely on the season before).

I have the first pick, is it Miggy or Trout?? I like miggy better but he is beginning to have health problems... So i am leaning towards trout...

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take Miggy #1, but no one will ever criticize you for grabbing Trout.
Trying to sneak a peek into our top 3B rankings, and it's not as shallow as previous years.

I'm not expecting too much of a decline from either of these guys, so it's personal preference really... and where you think you'll get your 3B from in the draft if you skip Cabrera.

Fun idea to draft so early!!!!

KevinJebens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am having one of my fantasy baseball draft tomorrow(we do a reactionary draft based purely on the season before).

I have the first pick, is it Miggy or Trout?? I like miggy better but he is beginning to have health problems... So i am leaning towards trout...

Given that everyone expected regression from Trout, and he basically improved (though not quite as great in counting number like SB), I'd say go for the youth movement. Miggy is great at 3B, but there are other options to give you the power slugger four categories (R, RBI, HR, BA). There are fewer elite 5-category guys than there used to be during the steroids era, and I like Trout for that reason.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that everyone expected regression from Trout, and he basically improved (though not quite as great in counting number like SB), I'd say go for the youth movement. Miggy is great at 3B, but there are other options to give you the power slugger four categories (R, RBI, HR, BA). There are fewer elite 5-category guys than there used to be during the steroids era, and I like Trout for that reason.

My dumb ass decided to play hard through the end of the season so I played myself out of Miggy and Trout.
Now I have to decide who to pick third:doh:

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Chef....you're too kind as always!!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul - It might be interesting for some of the guys to do an article about who the pending FAs are, where they might end up and what fantasy impact it may have.

This occurred to me because a friend of mine (fellow Mets fan) is insisting that it would behoove the Mets to go after Beltran for a two year deal. You have no idea how much I hate that and how utterly stupid I think it is...but it made me think that an in depth look at free agency and the ramifications for 2014 might make for a good read. :nod: