• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Practice Squad

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the list of players that are still with the Rams albeit in practice mode only. Absent from this list is Austin Davis. Rams could be looking for another back-up QB. Noone has picked-up A. Davis to date.

WR Emory Blake
WR Justin Veltung
CB Darren Woodard
LB/DE Sammy Brown
DE Mason Brodine
S Cody Davis
T Sean Hooey
FB Eric Stevens

Interestingly, Cody Davis, Woodard, Veltung, Brodine, and Stevens were all close to making the active roster. Austin Davis is missing but unclaimed to date. I am glad Woodard has returned. I think he is better than T. Johnson at corner. Veltung is iffy. Brodine is going to stick eventually. Hooey is a project apparently somebody likes until he got hurt. Stevens is a big back and may see playing time as well. This means that Chase Daniels made the team at running back. Another one of those Montana boys that made the practice squad last year and ison the active roster this year (ST mostly). The word on yardbarker is the Rams are interested in Tebow but so are the Raiders. More developments to follow I am sure.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hope:C'mon Raiders, save the Rams from making a Tebow mistake....:hope:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised they signed Blake over Johnson. Johnson showed much more than Blake did.

Also, I can't believe they kept Clemens over Davis when last year it was the other way around. You are telling me they were so impressed with his performance against Baltimore's 2nd and 3rd string defense to keep him over Davis when Davis looked better than Clemens all preseason?

Clemens preseason stats: 349 yds, 2 TD, 4 int
Davis preseason stats: 305 yds, 3 TD, 0 int

That decision looks like a mistake to me, and now there is a rumor the Rams are interested in Tebow. They don't want Davis who can actually throw the football, but want the circus known as Tebowmania?:wtf2:

I thought this regime knew what they were doing. If one of the best NFL coaches can't fix Tebow, what makes the Rams think they can?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know ALR, but the Austin Davis cut was a surprise. I think that is a Schottenheimer move and this may be a harbinger of things to come. I think Fisher better wake-up to the notion he may have an offense problem that he has yet to completely fix. We all know the running back and game is suspect. We have to wait for another draft to completely fix this offense. We shall see going into the season.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they kept Davis last year and Shotty was here.

I just think Clemens is who he is and Davis still has upside. And the whole Tebow rumor is scary.

But you are right, the RB situation is sketchy. I hope a combo of RB's will do the trick. Also, Cunningham looks better than Pead right now.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look neither guy looked good IMO, Davis was very inaccurate down field. You want a backup who can give you some quality starts and win a couple of games if your starter is out for 3-4 games. If Sam is gone for more than that, we're not making the playoffs, period. Clemens has more NFL starts and maybe can do that, so that is why we went with him. We will most likely look to the draft next year to develop a guy with more potential than Davis and it will likely be the end for Davis after next year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Vita and ALR, you have good points. I am not sure the Tebow rumor is dead either. But may be they take a chance on him unless he signs with the Raiders first and they sit him on the practice squad for a year where he gets the work to shore up his problems. Then you have a quality back-up and you can address other need areas in the draft. I somewhat curious as to why everyone treats this guy like the black plague when most posters treat their own team's stiffs (who they compare Tebow to) with greater acumen then Tebow?

Granted Austin is probably done, but Vita's point about a quality back-up is indeed yet another hole in our offense. Vince Young ain't the answer either because the man is simply done. Sort of like Jamarcus Russell and others. He never was legit to begin with.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Reynolds only made the roster because Pead is suspended for Game 1. He will be cut once Pead is activated. Then once Dunbar is back, Pointer will be let go.
As for a good young backup QB... my vote is for Jimmy Claussen. Never got a chance after Cam got there and he is essentially the same player Bradford is. Drop Clemens and pick up Claussen.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad KSUDodgers. But is he better than Clemons and Davis combined?

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he is, Clemons is horrible and Davis is a work in progress, we don't have time to work him in. Claussen would be a better backup in MHO now.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Reynolds only made the roster because Pead is suspended for Game 1. He will be cut once Pead is activated. Then once Dunbar is back, Pointer will be let go.
As for a good young backup QB... my vote is for Jimmy Claussen. Never got a chance after Cam got there and he is essentially the same player Bradford is. Drop Clemens and pick up Claussen.

I think that would leave only 4 Cbs? I would think they would want at least 5.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giordano and Daniels can both play CB if needed, a big reason why they made the squad. I guess we will see in 4 weeks...

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Reynolds made the roster because the Rams don't have 55 players with NFL talent. There's not a snowball's chance that he plays RB in week 1. It's not realistic to plan for the possibility of 3 injuries at the position in 1 game when the team can't or won't run the ball. He's has to be there to play special teams. I haven't seen Giordano play recently, (I doubt anyone has), so i'll assume the reason that the talent starved Raiders let him go was because he's not good enough. We're carrying 4 OL passengers behind Jones on the OL instead of 2, (we're probably trying to trade 1 to the Raiders. lol), so we have 4 players who could be cut. At this point Reynolds could stick on the roster beyond Week 1, (if he's a success on special teams), because he'd be the only 1 of the 4 contributing.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point Reynolds could stick on the roster beyond Week 1, (if he's a success on special teams), because he'd be the only 1 of the 4 contributing.

FF, are you saying that Reynolds will contribute more than DR26,Cunningham or Stacy?? Come on dude, relax. Cunningham has all but won the kick return job over Pead so Reynolds or Pead will be gone once Pead is done with his 1 game suspension. IMO that suspension is the only reason Pead was not cut since you cannot be cut while suspend per the CBA.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point Reynolds could stick on the roster beyond Week 1, (if he's a success on special teams), because he'd be the only 1 of the 4 contributing.

FF, are you saying that Reynolds will contribute more than DR26,Cunningham or Stacy?? Come on dude, relax. Cunningham has all but won the kick return job over Pead so Reynolds or Pead will be gone once Pead is done with his 1 game suspension. IMO that suspension is the only reason Pead was not cut since you cannot be cut while suspend per the CBA.
WHOA! Are you stating this as KSU the poster or KSU the insider!

Breaking News?

While many of us posters/fans may not agree with holding on to an early round pick like Pead as they under perform again and again, it's hardly by the book to let them go before their Sophomore season begins.

I gotta think Fisher leaves him a roster spot this season, too much invested at this point to cut bait.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said Reynolds will likely contribute more on special teams as a gunner/tackler in Week 1 than OL Barksdale, Washington, Smith, Barnes, (pick 2 stiffs from 4), and S Matt Giordano will contribute in the whole game. If so and if Reynolds looks decent in a special teams cannon-fodder role he'll likely stick on the roster for Week 2 ahead of 1 of the others. I didn't say anything about Reynolds as a returner. I'm just preparing Rams fans for the possible shock of Reynolds sticking around for a while. Again, this is dependent on whatever roster moves we make before Sunday. I'm surprised that we didn't make any moves Sunday or Monday.

I don't see Reynolds contributing in any way on offense. He is expendable. Unfortunately we have others who are even more expendable.

Last edited by a moderator:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
misunderstood you FF... thought you were talking about the other RB's compared to Reynolds. That said, IMO the only way Reynolds stays around after the Arizona game is if the Rams cut Pead.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... my vote is for Jimmy Claussen. Never got a chance after Cam got there and he is essentially the same player Bradford is.
:wtf:

I can assure you that they are not 'essentially' the same player. There is a large gap between the two

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Claus? Really?

:whistle: