• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Practice Squad

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excited we were able sign the guys in RED. Some experience like Thomas and Morgan to help teach the young guys, and the others I really liked.

Only ones I am a little disappointed we didn't pick back up: Owen Carney and Raymond Johnson III
  • QB Will Grier
  • WR Shedrick Jackson
  • CB Allan George
  • RB Demetric Felton
  • WR Kwamie Lassiter II
  • S Michael Thomas
  • LB Shaka Heyward
  • WR Stanley Morgan Jr.
  • TE Tanner Hudson
  • DL Domenique Davis
  • CB Sidney Jones IV
  • LB Tyler Murray
  • OL Nate Gilliam
  • OL Jaxson Kirkland
  • DL Jeff Gunter

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excited we were able sign the guys in RED. Some experience like Thomas and Morgan to help teach the young guys, and the others I really liked.

Only ones I am a little disappointed we didn't pick back up: Owen Carney and Raymond Johnson III
  • QB Will Grier
  • WR Shedrick Jackson
  • CB Allan George
  • RB Demetric Felton
  • WR Kwamie Lassiter II
  • S Michael Thomas
  • LB Shaka Heyward
  • WR Stanley Morgan Jr.
  • TE Tanner Hudson
  • DL Domenique Davis
  • CB Sidney Jones IV
  • LB Tyler Murray
  • OL Nate Gilliam
  • OL Jaxson Kirkland
  • DL Jeff Gunter
The DL is STACKED....even if there is an injury, or two, they have enough guys on the 53 to handle it.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DL is STACKED....even if there is an injury, or two, they have enough guys on the 53 to handle it.
Oh I get it. We have been stocking that position deep. Now, if only the offensive line was that deep. haha

In all honestly though, this may be the deepest our secondary, defensive line and wide receivers have ever been.

We can use some improvement in overall talent at OL, TE, LB. I do like that our starters at those weaker positions are at least top notch. Just the backup talent falls off pretty drastically after the starters.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a strong possibility that Johnson is waiting on another team. The Bengals still have 2 additions to make so it's possible that he is back, but the safer money is that he is looking elsewhere. If so, it's hard to blame him given the limited amount of chances due to our depth.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• QB Will Grier
  • WR Shedrick Jackson
  • CB Allan George
  • RB Demetric Felton
  • WR Kwamie Lassiter II
  • S Michael Thomas
  • LB Shaka Heyward
  • WR Stanley Morgan Jr.
  • TE Tanner Hudson
  • DL Domenique Davis
  • CB Sidney Jones IV
  • LB Tyler Murray
  • OL Nate Gilliam
  • OL Jaxson Kirkland
  • DL Jeff Gunter
I am thinking to keep the cost efficient movement in line...I would hate to do it because he is probably one of my favorite Bengals....tag and trade Higgin's in the offseason. You need to get a 1st and 3rd rounder for him though. You save the $20 million dollars for Chase, keep adding high talent guys into the mix for several controllable years.

Reign Boyd to a 2 year deal for $8 million per year, draft a WR with one of our 1st round picks. Resign Reader and Awuzie. Trade our #32 pick to someone else wanting to move up and we collect another 2nd and maybe 3rd/4th round pick.

Basically, trying to gather as many high round picks 1-4 rounds as possible while keeping a majority of your roster together after a SB Championship team. :couch2::first::wank:

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking to keep the cost efficient movement in line...I would hate to do it because he is probably one of my favorite Bengals....tag and trade Higgin's in the offseason. You need to get a 1st and 3rd rounder for him though. You save the $20 million dollars for Chase, keep adding high talent guys into the mix for several controllable years.

Reign Boyd to a 2 year deal for $8 million per year, draft a WR with one of our 1st round picks. Resign Reader and Awuzie. Trade our #32 pick to someone else wanting to move up and we collect another 2nd and maybe 3rd/4th round pick.

Basically, trying to gather as many high round picks 1-4 rounds as possible while keeping a majority of your roster together after a SB Championship team. :couch2::first::wank:
I don't want to lose Tee, but if you can't sign him this year, I think it is time to move on.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie... Y'all got a good one

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie... Y'all got a good one

Good move by Gentry. The Bengals are relying on Irv Smith Jr. - A guy with considerable talent but thus far has been injury prone. Behind Smith, there isn't a lot of talent.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move by Gentry. The Bengals are relying on Irv Smith Jr. - A guy with considerable talent but thus far has been injury prone. Behind Smith, there isn't a lot of talent.
Gentry isn't a good replacement for Irv Smith Jr. He's better suited in the trenches where the dirty work is needed. Gentry has decent hands in the passing game, but not the athlete capable of creating mismatches or separation. Majority of his receptions in Pgh were on designed plays where he was a back-door dump valve or an underneath route. One of those guys that you never suspected would get a target in possession down situations so DB/LBs wouldn't key on him.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentry isn't a good replacement for Irv Smith Jr. He's better suited in the trenches where the dirty work is needed. Gentry has decent hands in the passing game, but not the athlete capable of creating mismatches or separation. Majority of his receptions in Pgh were on designed plays where he was a back-door dump valve or an underneath route. One of those guys that you never suspected would get a target in possession down situations so DB/LBs wouldn't key on him.
I get that he isn't the dynamic athlete that can elevate a passing game. But, the Bengals have Drew Sample as a back-up - A guy that is probably even more limited in the passing game than Gentry. And Smith has an injury history.... So, Gentry may not be the best option, but he might be the only one.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that he isn't the dynamic athlete that can elevate a passing game. But, the Bengals have Drew Sample as a back-up - A guy that is probably even more limited in the passing game than Gentry. And Smith has an injury history.... So, Gentry may not be the best option, but he might be the only one.
Fair enough. Gentry is capable and is a great locker-room guy. I'm somewhat surprised the Steelers weren't able to keep him around on their own PS so I'll be eagerly waiting for his 1st interview in Cincy when (hopefully) someone poses the question. I suspect they offered him a spot but turned it down. Steelers drafted Darnell Washington and had 2 other good TEs on the roster so there really wasn't a path for him to get back on the 53.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Gentry is capable and is a great locker-room guy. I'm somewhat surprised the Steelers weren't able to keep him around on their own PS so I'll be eagerly waiting for his 1st interview in Cincy when (hopefully) someone poses the question. I suspect they offered him a spot but turned it down. Steelers drafted Darnell Washington and had 2 other good TEs on the roster so there really wasn't a path for him to get back on the 53.
He's here to give Cincy coaches the inside scoop on the raging Matt Canada offense!!!

:yes:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To also add on to Cincygrad...you mentioned he's best used as a dumpoff option - which is really what the TE is for Burrow. Could be better maybe if they had a high end talent, but with Chase, Higgins, Boyd and Mixon (got more targets and receptions last year than Hayden Hurst at TE) likely the 1-4 options...the TE is just a guy who can have sure hands, be the emergency option guy, and if they can do more great...but it isn't what this offensive staff has been looking for with so many other options already available.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's here to give Cincy coaches the inside scoop on the raging Matt Canada offense!!!

:yes:
I'm not sure any single player can be expected to understand the intricacies of the Canadian horizontal passing attack.... But, if we can even crack a small part of the code, I will consider it a success.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To also add on to Cincygrad...you mentioned he's best used as a dumpoff option - which is really what the TE is for Burrow. Could be better maybe if they had a high end talent, but with Chase, Higgins, Boyd and Mixon (got more targets and receptions last year than Hayden Hurst at TE) likely the 1-4 options...the TE is just a guy who can have sure hands, be the emergency option guy, and if they can do more great...but it isn't what this offensive staff has been looking for with so many other options already available.
Great points. Being the 4th or 5th read outside of designed plays is where he'll do just fine lol. Where he would really help is getting Mixon running room on the outside. Never got the glory he deserved in that area.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will fit in well here. Our Tight Ends have to do duty as full backs and extensions of the OL. Yes, they get involved in the passing game, but we have 3 decent wide receivers at any given time so it's not a big deal.