• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Clemson Recruiting Thread

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayron Kearse (6'4 205-210, 4.6 40), an athlete from Fort Myers FL, committed to Clemson today. He is rated a 4-star athlete, #228 overall in the nation by Rivals. He has already been an Auburn and a Miami commitment this year, but pulled off of each school, so I cannot say that I have warm fuzzies about him sticking with Clemson. The services are labeling him as an athlete, but Auburn recruits him as a WR and Clemson as a SS. Miami recruited him as a likely safety as well.

Kearse is pretty long, so I can see the usefulness at WR or as a big Safety to force the balls over. He also has pretty good hands and ball skills, as he played pretty much everywhere in HS, but more offense than defense. I think, if he fills out too much, that he might be a bit big for safety and will end up being used as more of a hybrid safety/LB role.

Safety Jayron Kearse Commits to Clemson - Shakin The Southland

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayron Kearse (6'4 205-210, 4.6 40), an athlete from Fort Myers FL, committed to Clemson today. He is rated a 4-star athlete, #228 overall in the nation by Rivals. He has already been an Auburn and a Miami commitment this year, but pulled off of each school, so I cannot say that I have warm fuzzies about him sticking with Clemson. The services are labeling him as an athlete, but Auburn recruits him as a WR and Clemson as a SS. Miami recruited him as a likely safety as well.

Kearse is pretty long, so I can see the usefulness at WR or as a big Safety to force the balls over. He also has pretty good hands and ball skills, as he played pretty much everywhere in HS, but more offense than defense. I think, if he fills out too much, that he might be a bit big for safety and will end up being used as more of a hybrid safety/LB role.

Safety Jayron Kearse Commits to Clemson - Shakin The Southland

If he signs, he'll end up playing either safety or linebacker. Hopefully he's true to his word; if he is, our defense is going to be stacked for the future.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for what it's worth, Kearse did state that he "is done with recruiting." This definitely takes the sting out of losing Hargreaves and Fuller, but it still leaves us without a true cover corner in the class. Luckily enough we have some younger guys that can play the corner spot, but we really need a CB in the '14 class now...

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montravious Adams was very coy about his time at the game last weekend; he isn't giving much away in terms of his interest level at this point.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who else is on his list?

Auburn and Clemson are his top two, but he has offers from nearly everybody in the ACC and SEC, plus Southern Cal, Oklahoma, Michigan, Michigan State, and Notre Dame.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 star CB Mackensie Alexander out of Immokalee FL stated that he had "two words for Tiger fans: 'Tiger Nation.'" He won't come out and publicly list his favorites, but unless he's playing it up for the press (I doubt), he specifically mentions talking to Coach Cheese and BV just about every day. He would be a HUGE get for us, especially if we can keep Nkemdiche and pull Montravious Adams in as well. Here's the article: Nation's No. 2 corner has two words for Tiger fans: "Tiger Nation" - Clemson Recruiting News - TigerNet.com

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 star CB Mackensie Alexander out of Immokalee FL stated that he had "two words for Tiger fans: 'Tiger Nation.'" He won't come out and publicly list his favorites, but unless he's playing it up for the press (I doubt), he specifically mentions talking to Coach Cheese and BV just about every day. He would be a HUGE get for us, especially if we can keep Nkemdiche and pull Montravious Adams in as well. Here's the article: Nation's No. 2 corner has two words for Tiger fans: "Tiger Nation" - Clemson Recruiting News - TigerNet.com

That would be a huge get for Clemson.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was looking over our recruiting targets and verbals thus far and realized we are only targeting 2 OLmen. What gives? Aren't we going through growing pains now because of poor recruiting strategy? We have one verbal from Maverick and then there's Crowder who seems to be leaning toward UGA. Without Crowder, we will have 1 recruit on the OL. WTF? It doesn't appear we are thinking ahead or am I missing something? Are we going to be hearing about how young/green our OL is in 4 years?

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was looking over our recruiting targets and verbals thus far and realized we are only targeting 2 OLmen. What gives? Aren't we going through growing pains now because of poor recruiting strategy? We have one verbal from Maverick and then there's Crowder who seems to be leaning toward UGA. Without Crowder, we will have 1 recruit on the OL. WTF? It doesn't appear we are thinking ahead or am I missing something? Are we going to be hearing about how young/green our OL is in 4 years?

Well, right now we have Isaiah Battle, Patrick DeStefano, Oliver Jones (all true freshman); Shaq Anthony, Joe Gore, Spencer Region (all RS freshman); David Beasley, Kalon Davis, Gifford Timothy, Reid Webster, Scott Wilson, Cody Thurlow (sophomore or RS sophomores). That's a lot of bodies as underclassmen, so 1-3 OL for the next class is about right IMO.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is signing day? I'm starting to wonder if we can hold this class together until then.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is signing day? I'm starting to wonder if we can hold this class together until then.

Sometime in February; I don't really get too invested in recruiting until they put ink to paper and the fax goes through though.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now what? RN and Kamara decommit and Gallman stays put. I've read that we're making a good run at the Adams kid. Maybe that'll pan out.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruiting Updates: Kamara/Nkemdiche De-Committment - Shakin The Southland

WR DeMarcus 'Bud' Robinson has gone from a soft commit to a solid verbal who will enroll early. He is no longer considering Notre Dame or Florida.

Next big news is that DT Montravious Adams (6'3', Vienna GA), a consensus top ten recruit and on the top of every programs wishlist had another great visit to Clemson. We always said that Mom would be a huge factor here and we needed to get her on campus. That has now happened and Swinney spent a good deal of time talking to her. That is nothing but good news. Georgia is making a late push for the services of MA so this will probably be a Clemson, Auburn, Georgia battle up until signing day.

Tramel Terry (Goose Creek SC, WR/RB/CB) visited Clemson once again (and recently tweeted 'We Too Deep'--the Clemson song from DRob and Martin 'Yoda' Jenkins) and will make his decision very soon because he is enrolling early.

MacKensie Alexander (CB, 5'10', FL) made an official visit to Clemson as well. He is the hardest recruit to read this cycle so it is anyone's guess where he ends up.
Clemson is a childhood favorite and Alexander also knows Sammy from his days playing against him in high school. He knows he would be practicing against great WR's every day. We are a legit threat to land him.

We are getting an official visit from the #1 player in New York, DE/OLB Ebenezer Ogundeko (6'3, 230). He will visit for the South Carolina game and now has a committable offer from the Tigers. He has taken an official to Arizona St and will visit Florida this week. Ole Miss and Notre Dame are also potential destinations for official visits.

The biggest news is that we are making a run at DE Carl Lawson (6'2" 250) who is arguably the number 2 recruit in the nation from Alpharetta, GA. He has long been committed to Auburn but with Nkemdiche de-committing Clemson will try to get Lawson on campus in the next two weeks.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebeneezer Ogundeko (6'3" 229 lbs) DE from Thomas Jefferson HS in Brooklyn, NY committed to Clemson today at the UA All-American game. Consensus 4 star DE should fill the void left by Nkemdiche nicely as he will enroll early and be available for spring practice. Sounds like he actually wants to be a Tiger, and I'll look forward to seeing him play in the coming years.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebeneezer Ogundeko (6'3" 229 lbs) DE from Thomas Jefferson HS in Brooklyn, NY committed to Clemson today at the UA All-American game. Consensus 4 star DE should fill the void left by Nkemdiche nicely as he will enroll early and be available for spring practice. Sounds like he actually wants to be a Tiger, and I'll look forward to seeing him play in the coming years.

:clap2:

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And FTR, Nkemdiche looked like a bitch in the same game. Elijah Daniel looked much better on the other side of the D line though :D

Ben Boulware is going to be a good LB though; tackling machine and I saw him pick off an errant pass in the UA game tonight :whoo:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And FTR, Nkemdiche looked like a bitch in the same game. Elijah Daniel looked much better on the other side of the D line though :D

Ben Boulware is going to be a good LB though; tackling machine and I saw him pick off an errant pass in the UA game tonight :whoo:

Nice!

Is it september yet?

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nonod: I can't wait to see if we can lure Mackensie Adams and either Montravious Adams or Lawson; any combination of the three would be great for our defensive future