• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Clemson Recruiting Thread

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we've got the conference threads going, and many team boards have their own thread I figured we may as well have our own. This is how it breaks down as of today and I will try to stay on top and add further posts with all of the verbal commits (if we had a mod, we could merge posts and edit the original, but I don't think we really need one considering the lack of traffic here).

Robert Nkemdiche, DE - 6'5" 265 lbs Loganville, GA Grayson HS
Consensus #1 and 5 star recruit from all of the major services; capable of playing outside, inside, and with his hand off the ground. Strong, fast, and physically gifted athlete that is well beyond his years physically, yet can still pack on 15-20 lbs of bulk without losing a step. Has the footwork and skill set of a running back and will likely see work as a short yardage back in college.

Wayne Gallman, RB - 6'1" 195 lbs Loganville, GA Grayson HS
Consensus 4 star recruit by ESPN, 24/7 and Scout; 3 star by Rivals. Has the potential to play either side of the ball as an OLB or RB but will likely play offense at Clemson. More of a 1 cut and go back that isn't afraid of contact when bursting through the hole (I'm lookin' at you, Jamie Harper).

Ben Boulware, LB - 6'1" 230 lbs Anderson, SC TL Hanna HS
Consensus 3 star recruit by 24/7, Scout, and Rivals; ESPN has him as a 4 star. Will likely play both football and baseball in college (Catcher/1B).

Dane Rogers, DE - 6'3" 245 lbs Crest, NC Crest HS
Consensus 3 star recruit by 24/7, Scout, and Rivals; 4 star by ESPN. Cousin of current Tiger DT Carlos Watkins and former teammate of Johnathon Bullard. Not as physically gifted as Nkemdiche or Daniel, but plays with a high motor and good strength.

Jordan Legget, TE/ATH - 6'6" 235 lbs Navarre, FL Navarre HS
Consensus 3 star recruit by 24/7, Scout, and Rivals, 4 star by ESPN. Can play both WR and TE, but will likely end up as a TE in college. Should be able to pack on 15-20 lbs without losing quickness, but needs work as a blocker to contribute as a true TE.

Dorian O'Daniel, LB/RB - 6'1" 205 lbs Olney, MD Good Counsel HS
Consensus 4 star prospect by ESPN, Scout, Rivals, and 24/7. Another hybrid type player that will likely end up wherever the depth chart is short (which looks like RB right now) but runs with power (similar to Raymond Priester).

Elijah Daniel DE - 6'4" 255 lbs Avon, IN Avon HS
Consensus 4 star prospect by all major scouting services; will play his freshman year due to his size, quickness off the ball, and strength. Could potentially add 20 lbs of bulk in college given his frame. Will be devastating with Nkemdiche moving inside on 3rd and long plays and the two may end up flanking the defensive line early in their respective careers.

Will add the others later...

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Jenkins (5'11 179, 4.5 40) originally from Alpharetta-Milton Ga., brother of CB Martin Jenkins, finally committed to Clemson as expected today at The Opening. Jenkins picked Clemson primarily over Oklahoma State. He was rated the #26 player in the state of Georgia and the #47 WR overall. He's rated at 3 stars, which I think is fair.

Jenkins was not highly recruited until later this spring after some impressive showings at several camps against good competition. His size is not impressive, nor is his outright speed that of similar-sized Germone Hopper, and I imagine that held him back from getting more offers. His route-running and hands have helped him garner a lot of kudos at the camps though, and he shows some quick feet like his brother on film. Those quick feet and dime-cuts are really useful for a slot receiver, where he'll play at Clemson.

I think its possible his rating in-state goes up a little this year, but I'm not certain he goes up to a 4-star player. He transferred to Lassiter from Alpharetta-Milton. He was recruited by Tony Elliott, but it bears mentioning that Kevin Steele offered and got Martin as a favor to his dad, because Martin was not very highly recruited at all.

We expect Jenkins to be the first of 3 WR takes this cycle.

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/7/8/3143336/wr-ryan-jenkins-commits-to-clemson

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edisto_Cock
The Fish Whisperer

Southern%20Carolina%20Gamecocks.gif

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Greenlee, LB/WR - 6'2" 210 lbs Central, SC Daniel HS
3 star by the four letter word and Scout, 2 star by 24/7. His dad works in the strength and conditioning program at Clemson; could play either side but will end up as an outside LB. Likely lacks elite athleticism but is a productive tackler that has the potential to add 15-20 lbs without losing a step.

Jadar Johnson DB - 6'1" 180 lbs Orangeburg, SC Orangeburg HS
Consensus 3 star by all four major sites with offers from Clemson, UNCheat, and NC State. Could play either safety spot or corner but will need to add bulk in order to support the run defense should he end up as a safety. Again, not an elite athlete but moves reasonably well in space and has excellent instincts and ball skills.

David Kamara DB - 5'11" 185 lbs Loganville, GA Grayson HS
3 star by the four letter site, Rivals, and Scout; 2 star prospect according to 24/7. Teammate of current commits Nkemdiche and Gallman (as well as Schuester who will enroll and walk on this fall). Likely projects as a corner due to his height, but has the instinct and tackling ability to line up as a safety.

Maverick Morris OL - 6'5" 290 lbs Douglas, GA Coffee County HS
3 star rated prospect by Scout and 24/7; currently unrated by both the four letter site and Rivals. He projects as a tackle in college and could see time at either spot; being tracked by both Florida and UGA but as of yet has no other college offers. Coaches see him as having a high potential given his age (only 16) and room to add size.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two more to add since yesterday:

Demarcus Robinson WR - 6'2" 200 lbs Fort Valley, GA Peach County HS
Consensus 4 star prospect by all four major services; also offered by Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Miami, Mississippi, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, SCar, and Tennessee. Clocked at a 4.60 in the 40 yard dash his junior year. Very athletic and fluid route runner that explodes out of cuts with an excellent set of hands. Great blocking skills are a rarity for a prospect of his caliber, but Robinson enjoys the physicality and can be utilized in multiple forms on offense.

Tyshon Dye RB 6'1" 200 lbs Elberton, GA Elberton County HS
Consensus 4 star prospect by all four major services; also had offers from Auburn, Georgia, Mississippi, Nebraska, North Carolina, Notre Dame, SCar, Tennessee, and USC. Runs a 4.46 40 and plays with power. Has the ability to line up as a safety, linebacker, or running back. More of a one cut slashing type that needs to improve his elusiveness to be a complete back, but will not shy from contact on either side of the ball.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thus far, seven of our fourteen verbals are coming from the state of Georgia, where we have struggled the past few years :D

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning sir. It seems the last couple of days have been good for our Tigers on the recruiting trail. What's that 3 or 4 verbals thus far?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have him, we'll take Fuller :dance:

:nono:

So what is the boards thoughts on Nkemdiche's comments on "bringing" in his boys to "lock down" his commit Ballboy?? You guys cool with that?? Seems like the kid in question is good enough. I think if that is what it took..and I was Dabo..I would do it (for a rare talent like RN)..

Last edited by a moderator:

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono:

So what is the boards thoughts on Nkemdiche's comments on "bringing" in his boys to "lock down" his commit Ballboy?? You guys cool with that?? Seems like the kid in question is good enough. I think if that is what it took..and I was Dabo..I would do it (for a rare talent like RN)..

I'll have to link you to the other conversations; the Atlanta Journal Constitution writer was either bored or butt hurt when he committed, so he threw Nkemdiche under the bus.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the other posts regarding this conversation:

I read some of it already. Are we going to offer that kid that Nkemdiche opened his fat mouth for? I don't think he did his friend any favors, because now Dabo will look like a douche if he offers him. I have to believe Nkemdiche might have cost his buddy a chance to come to Clemson, even if we were looking at him before Nkemdiche opened his big mouth.

I don't know. The kid that Nkemdiche talked about isn't exactly a slouch, probably on par with Greenlee (the kid who's dad works in the strength and conditioning office) athletically though. All the fuss about what Nkemdiche said was really blown out of proportion though. The writer was obviously bored and probably miffed that the kid had snubbed Jawja (one of the AJC writers "broke" the story) and with it being the middle of the summer and nothing noteworthy going on, it went viral. We lost several from last years class, so we will likely take 21-22 this cycle. In the end, it's not going to matter one bit.

Here is a link to the original article from the AJC: | AJC College Sports Recruiting

Which apparently has been removed, thus eliminating the need for any worry. Nkemdiche was later quoted as saying on Twitter: "I Never said any of those things but I guess the AJC will do anything for a story and to keep his job !" and "I ain't talking to anymore reporter ever so just don't call my phone !"

Here is a link to the aftermath: Robert Nkemdiche Shooting Down Clemson Scholarships Controversy - SBNation.com

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Pagano DT - 6'4" 280 lbs Honolulu, HI Moanalua HS
Consensus four star recruit by all major services (except 247); has offers from over 50 schools. Big, space eating tackle that can add 25-30 lbs without losing his agility or explosion off the line. Considering the lack of depth and youth on the defensive line, Pagano will have a chance to compete for snaps immediately. Has family in the Upstate which played a role in his decision.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update on Pagano; his HS coach reportedly said that the kid can bench 400 lbs and squat over 500 (as a junior, mind you). He could be the best player in the class if any of the hype surrounding him has any merit.

Well, Hargreaves committed to the Gay-tors, so we'll be pressing hard for Fuller although we have the odds stacked against us considering his mom and three brothers are more pro-Hokie than Mo is pro-cocks.

@VHargreaves24 I can officially say I am committed to THE University of Florida ! #GoGators CHOMP

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But FWIW, it's nice to already have two DB's committed for the 2013 class and we do have some underclassmen depth in the defensive backfield with guys like Travis Blanks, Lateek Townsend (who although is listed at LB will play more of a hybrid OLB/SS similar to SCar's spur), Cortez Davis, Bashaud Breeland, and Darius Robinson. In the end, it wouldn't be the end of the world if we missed on both Hargreaves and Fuller, but it would be great to add another top level talent...

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the ACC Recruiting Standings thread in the CFB forum (moving here because I didn't want to muck up JM's thread with trash talk)

Clemson also received a verbal from four star WR Demarcus Robinson today.

Clemson got a commitment from four star RB Tyshon Dye who had offers from Clemson, Tennessee, USC, SCar, Auburn, Ole Miss, Notre Dame, and Georgia.

Clemson just got a commitment from four star DT Scott Pagano. Pagano had offers from around 50 schools, including Alabama, LSU, and Florida.

All those stars must be costing you all a pretty penny, huh?

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two more to add since yesterday:

Demarcus Robinson WR - 6'2" 200 lbs Fort Valley, GA Peach County HS
Consensus 4 star prospect by all four major services; also offered by Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Miami, Mississippi, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, SCar, and Tennessee. Clocked at a 4.60 in the 40 yard dash his junior year. Very athletic and fluid route runner that explodes out of cuts with an excellent set of hands. Great blocking skills are a rarity for a prospect of his caliber, but Robinson enjoys the physicality and can be utilized in multiple forms on offense.

Tyshon Dye RB 6'1" 200 lbs Elberton, GA Elberton County HS
Consensus 4 star prospect by all four major services; also had offers from Auburn, Georgia, Mississippi, Nebraska, North Carolina, Notre Dame, SCar, Tennessee, and USC. Runs a 4.46 40 and plays with power. Has the ability to line up as a safety, linebacker, or running back. More of a one cut slashing type that needs to improve his elusiveness to be a complete back, but will not shy from contact on either side of the ball.

Scott Pagano DT - 6'4" 280 lbs Honolulu, HI Moanalua HS
Consensus four star recruit by all major services (except 247); has offers from over 50 schools. Big, space eating tackle that can add 25-30 lbs without losing his agility or explosion off the line. Considering the lack of depth and youth on the defensive line, Pagano will have a chance to compete for snaps immediately. Has family in the Upstate which played a role in his decision.

From the ACC Recruiting Standings thread in the CFB forum (moving here because I didn't want to muck up JM's thread with trash talk)

All those stars must be costing you all a pretty penny, huh?

I appreciate the assist, but I've got those here sir! :yo:

Not costing us anymore than any of the previous recruiting classes that brought us the 2011 ACC Championship :D

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Williams WR - (6'4 210, 4.7 40), of Lake Marion HS in Santee, committed to Clemson today over SC. Williams is the #3 player in-state and #37 WR overall nationally by Rivals. He's the #2 WR in-state behind Tramel Terry. He has a 4-star rating that I think is fair. Williams basically picked between Clemson and SC, and it has always been between the two of us, but had offers from Alabama, UGA, Notre Dame, and Tennessee.

Williams is a big WR with excellent leaping ability; he high-points the ball well. His ball skills and route running are good. He needs it because he's not a speedster, which is probably what prevents him from getting to a 5.9 or higher marker. This is a WR more like Alshon Jeffery or Sidney Rice than what we have on the roster today, though not as fast as either in my opinion. He is very similar to Quinshad Davis, who we passed on last winter. In HS, Brandon Ford was a bit like Williams, but I dont think Williams will put on the weight quite like Ford.

WR Mike Williams Commits to Clemson - Shakin The Southland

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Williams WR - (6'4 210, 4.7 40), of Lake Marion HS in Santee, committed to Clemson today over SC. Williams is the #3 player in-state and #37 WR overall nationally by Rivals. He's the #2 WR in-state behind Tramel Terry. He has a 4-star rating that I think is fair. Williams basically picked between Clemson and SC, and it has always been between the two of us, but had offers from Alabama, UGA, Notre Dame, and Tennessee.

Williams is a big WR with excellent leaping ability; he high-points the ball well. His ball skills and route running are good. He needs it because he's not a speedster, which is probably what prevents him from getting to a 5.9 or higher marker. This is a WR more like Alshon Jeffery or Sidney Rice than what we have on the roster today, though not as fast as either in my opinion. He is very similar to Quinshad Davis, who we passed on last winter. In HS, Brandon Ford was a bit like Williams, but I dont think Williams will put on the weight quite like Ford.

WR Mike Williams Commits to Clemson - Shakin The Southland

:thumb: He's got potential to be a great replacement for Nuke; hopefully a college strength and conditioning program can get him a little faster, but he'll be a good 'un provided he's willing to go after jump balls and cross the middle.