• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Bengals to be featured on Hard Knocks

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I disagree with the decision, though I'll watch. There's a reason nearly every team doesn't want to do it. It's a distraction to a young team. If it doesn't make the team better, the why bother with it? It's only for the money. MB strikes again.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised any team would do it but I love the show and new episodes are like gold to me.

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Actually, I think this is just what a young team needs. Validation in their talent and potential! In 2009 after coming off a 4-11-1 record that young Bengal's team used the show as motivation and responded, to the surprise of EVERYONE, with a Division title. And I think the same will happen again this year. The Bengals are on the verge of something big and I think the show will get them use to being in front of the camera and having to retain their focus which will only help them once the bullets start flying.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the decision, though I'll watch. There's a reason nearly every team doesn't want to do it. It's a distraction to a young team. If it doesn't make the team better, the why bother with it? It's only for the money. MB strikes again.

We overachieved after last Hard Knocks..... Look at that 2009 roster -- It wasn't nearly as good as the record we posted. And we had way more distractions the year before Hard Knocks and the year after Hard Knocks.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin is one of the most paranoid coaches in the league, but this is the third time he'll be a part of the show. I think he's fine with it.... I think they've worked out enough of a deal that the network basically only shows exactly what the coaches are comfortable showing.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But fuck.... Now I have to pay for HBO.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd definitely watch if my team was on (Belichick would obviously never do it), but I wouldn't want them to. There are better ways to motivate your team and I don't think it's overly beneficial.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Meh. For me it comes down to "Does it help the Bengals win a playoff game?" The answer is no, so no need to fool with it. Nobody else wanted to do it, and that tells me something.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd definitely watch if my team was on (Belichick would obviously never do it), but I wouldn't want them to. There are better ways to motivate your team and I don't think it's overly beneficial.

This

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. For me it comes down to "Does it help the Bengals win a playoff game?" The answer is no, so no need to fool with it. Nobody else wanted to do it, and that tells me something.

99% of the shit we do as an organization doesn't help to win a playoff game. Why make that a standard now?

I think the coaches felt they got something out of it last time or they wouldn't do it again. Marvin has enough currency to reject these types of things but I think he likes it. Not that Marvin should be trusted!

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No Palmer, No Chad, no Henry story line although it showed him growing up in the episodes...No Cedric Benson.... This will be Pacman's 3rd Hard Knocks...lol. The players will focus...They wont want to look like a dumbass to national TV... Lewis warned the team "you can help to change the perception or hurt it" and what did it do to our team??? We focused won the division and increased focus...We gained fans and if we do it right again the ENTIRE COUNTRY will know about Burfict, Atkins, MJohnson, Hall, Eifert, Bernard. BGE, Dalton, Pacman (still on his growth path). The team will have to show focus as they DO NOT want to be made fun of....This is why the team is going to benefit from it...Lewis will make sure it's no lazy bullshish... All I remember from the last 1 is "you CANT fumble, you CANT miss blocks, you CANT drop passes, you CANT turn the ball over, LEARN HOW TO BE A FUCKIN PRO" We gained respect from fans and other teams from that shit....PERIOD!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
cant wait to see Harrison interacting with Burfict and Rey and the FA LB's....Want to see the WR's competition.... Want to see Bernard and Bernard Scott battle with the other backs...want to see how Shawn Williams does and if we need to call Kerry Rhodes or Cris Crocker... And what the hell is Andy going to do????? Will he turn into Brees??? Or Sanchez or Kitna???? Its a SHOW ME YEAR! Dre Kirtpatrick??? Bust or good player???? Which FA's make the team????? Dimanche, Taylor, Campbell???