• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 NBA Draft Combine

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly the Cavs are taking Barnes at #4.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland native Damian Lillard, I'm hearing is almost a lock to go 6th to the Blazers.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost sure we could work a deal with Philly to give them Sullinger and filler for Iggy.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oakland native Damian Lillard, I'm hearing is almost a lock to go 6th to the Blazers.

I haven't heard anything like this. EK, do you have some kind of inside sources? As a Warriors fan, I would love this, as it would mean that at least two of Beal, Drummond, Robinson, MKG, Barnes, and Sullinger was available at #7 for us to take or trade. It would seem to increase the value of pick #7 in trade (or at least make more teams interested in trading for it).

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the Wiz can somehow fall in love with Drummond we'll have a real legit shot at MKG.

No way on God's green earth that Sacramento, which has a chasm at the SF position, would let MKG by them at #5.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No way on God's green earth that Sacramento, which has a chasm at the SF position, would let MKG by them at #5.

Totally agreed. if the Warriors want MKG (and I don't know that they do) they would have to trade up to get him.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agreed. if the Warriors want MKG (and I don't know that they do) they would have to trade up to get him.

#7, #30 and D-Wright for Barnes or MKG and whatever small contract player that is worse than Dorell, satisfies league rules and the Cavs want to unload on a sign-and-trade (no player under contract is cheap or expendable enough). I would be fine with that.

EDIT: Same situation with the Wizards. Not many players under contract right now.
DOUBLE EDIT: Shelvin Mack from the Wiz? I don't think the salaries work.

Last edited by a moderator:

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard anything like this. EK, do you have some kind of inside sources? As a Warriors fan, I would love this, as it would mean that at least two of Beal, Drummond, Robinson, MKG, Barnes, and Sullinger was available at #7 for us to take or trade. It would seem to increase the value of pick #7 in trade (or at least make more teams interested in trading for it).

Not really a source, just information floating around. I don't know for sure or anything.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And, how do you know? I was responding to another poster saying that the word is that Sac is in love with Barnes. Have you obtained or even seen anything about Sac wanting or needing a player like MKG? The fact is that he doesn't bring enough offense for most of these weaker teams. Most of these weaker teams need points at the wing positions, MKG is more of a missing piece to an already solid core (like the Warriors, if they are healthy).

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And, how do you know? I was responding to another poster saying that the word is that Sac is in love with Barnes. Have you obtained or even seen anything about Sac wanting or needing a player like MKG? The fact is that he doesn't bring enough offense for most of these weaker teams. Most of these weaker teams need points at the wing positions, MKG is more of a missing piece to an already solid core (like the Warriors, if they are healthy).

EK,
Sacramento was 6th in the league in scoring, and 30th in giving up points. Dead last. They need defense far more than they need offense. With guys like Cousins, Evans, Thornton, and Thomas, offense isn't a huge issue for them. Defense is the issue, MKG brings that.

I haven't seen anything suggesting Sacramento is big on Barnes; I've heard Cleveland at #4 is very much interested in him. And while there hasn't been reference to Sacramento being interested in MKG, that's because everybody expects him to be gone way before #5. Have you heard anybody say Washington is interested in Davis at #3? No. Same reason.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EK,
Sacramento was 6th in the league in scoring, and 30th in giving up points. Dead last. They need defense far more than they need offense. With guys like Cousins, Evans, Thornton, and Thomas, offense isn't a huge issue for them. Defense is the issue, MKG brings that.

I haven't seen anything suggesting Sacramento is big on Barnes; I've heard Cleveland at #4 is very much interested in him. And while there hasn't been reference to Sacramento being interested in MKG, that's because everybody expects him to be gone way before #5. Have you heard anybody say Washington is interested in Davis at #3? No. Same reason.

True, though I have read over and over that these teams want and need scoring.

2012 NBA Draft: Sacramento Kings Work Out John Henson, Like Bradley Beal - SB Nation Bay Area

http://bayarea.sbnation.com/sacrame...a-mock-draft-kings-thomas-robinson/in/2723570

Last edited by a moderator: