• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) San Antonio Spurs vs 7) Memphis Grizzlies

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, but it's real close. It's safe to say that he has passed KD as the 2nd best player in the game and he's closing fast on Lebron. Imo, by the end of next season, Kawhi will have at least tied Lebron as best in the game, if not passed him.

Close and will someday (maybe sooon) will be the face of the NBA but I dont think he has passed him even though Bron is 32. He is still owning the league right now. Kahwi is just so fucking good lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I said Houston is GS's toughest competition in the West. The Spurs are better defensively but they struggle to score at times and their bench is non-existent. Houston will have to play better D but they have a handful of shooters around Harden and a ton of depth

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I said Houston is GS's toughest competition in the West. The Spurs are better defensively but they struggle to score at times and their bench is non-existent. Houston will have to play better D but they have a handful of shooters around Harden and a ton of depth

I promise you. Golden State would sweep Houston. San Antonio should get a game or two despite the matchup problems.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I promise you. Golden State would sweep Houston. San Antonio should get a game or two despite the matchup problems.

I dont think either is beating em so it really doesnt matter. Not the way SA is playing, I mean if GS still is without KD I could see both Houston or SA taking a game or two. SA will not threaten GS without a bench. They need guys to step up and TP to keep playing well

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think either is beating em so it really doesnt matter. Not the way SA is playing, I mean if GS still is without KD I could see both Houston or SA taking a game or two. SA will not threaten GS without a bench. They need guys to step up and TP to keep playing well

Very true.

The thing with the Houston matchup is that GS would be playing their little brother. They play the same style, but GS is better offensively, much better defensively and their defense is literally built to take away Houston's strengths.

At least SA is strong in a couple places where GS isn't as strong.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs are at risk of losing in round 2, no matter who they play.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yah..."obvious" NBA players go to San Diego state all the time.

This one did. He chose San Diego St. over Arizona, UCLA, USC and Washington. He also won California Mr. Basketball.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one did. He chose San Diego St. over Arizona, UCLA, USC and Washington. He also won California Mr. Basketball.
i posted at least 4 articles that said he DIDNT get offers from those schools--- because- he DIDNT.

sorry- mis-spoke on that one slugger.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close and will someday (maybe sooon) will be the face of the NBA but I dont think he has passed him even though Bron is 32. He is still owning the league right now. Kahwi is just so fucking good lol

Agree. He hasn't passed Lebron yet. It's why I said by the end of next season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I always used to tell the players I coached, bigger isn't better. You need to go somewhere you can be a difference maker where the coaching staff will invest in you. The Steph Curry story is a perfect example of that. Had he gone to VA Tech as a walk on, he would not be in the NBA today. His development at Davidson was due in large part to the fact that the coaching staff believed in him and gave him the opportunity to play through his failures. I saw Curry play in high school, and he did not look like a college standout let alone a pro. He would have been buried on the bench at Tech and likely never developed the same way.

Too often guys choose to go to the big program where they are a role player instead of going to SanDiego St. or Davidson where they will be developed as stars. 4 and 5 star recruits can and should go to the big schools, but lesser touted prospects often have a better chance of developing into a pro (either NBA of overseas) if they go to a smaller program.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always used to tell the players I coached, bigger isn't better. You need to go somewhere you can be a difference maker where the coaching staff will invest in you. The Steph Curry story is a perfect example of that. Had he gone to VA Tech as a walk on, he would not be in the NBA today. His development at Davidson was due in large part to the fact that the coaching staff believed in him and gave him the opportunity to play through his failures. I saw Curry play in high school, and he did not look like a college standout let alone a pro. He would have been buried on the bench at Tech and likely never developed the same way.

Too often guys choose to go to the big program where they are a role player instead of going to SanDiego St. or Davidson where they will be developed as stars. 4 and 5 star recruits can and should go to the big schools, but lesser touted prospects often have a better chance of developing into a pro (either NBA of overseas) if they go to a smaller program.

Agree. San Diego St. was perfect for him.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series has really hooked me in. I'm excited for game 5 tomorrow.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series has really hooked me in. I'm excited for game 5 tomorrow.

Yeah, along with the Spurs usual "slow start" in the 1st round, the Grizz have showed some grit and toughness and turned this into a much better and more entertaining series than most thought possible.

I think the Spurs will end it in 6, but it's still turned into a good, entertaining series.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker and Ginobili still providing a bigger impact than Aldridge... Sad.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither team can get a stop right now

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Manu joined the series for at least one game

After scoring zero points in the first four games, he was pretty decent and flashed some of the old Manu.

Maybe it was only one game, but it will still good for the home fans to see him play well in what is his last go-around in the league.