• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st round 2) Knicks vs 7) Sixers

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if Paul Reed is struggling, give Bamba a shot because he's probably the better defender, which is kind of what they needed.
Disagree. Bamba is bigger but he’s actually worse as a defender. I don’t know how you can be as big as Bamba is and not be a rim protector but he’s not. This one is partly on Daryl Morey for not wanting to give up a first for Drummond with Embiid out and the Bulls for being delusional in not blowing up their squad. Morey more so. He has undervalued the back up 5.

On Nurse: he needed to do something to rebound better and putting Reed on the floor with Embiid was at least worth a try.
Why isn't Maxey doing what Brunson does in getting a pick at the top of the key, driving, then either kick out for an open shot or take the mid range jumper? 0 shots made in the last 7 minutes is unacceptable.
The entire fourth quarter offense was just an abortion. They shot 35% in a must win at home. Just unacceptable.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m so sick and tired of casual ass Sixers fans. Embiid goes down and they check out and don’t even pay attention for months. They didn’t watch the team that was playing .380 ball without Embiid. They may have checked the score the next day but they didn’t watch. Trade Embiid…bwahahaha! This team is dog shit without Embiid.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers are going to have an interesting offseason after they lose to the Knicks in the first round. I suspect they will continue to ignore the elephant in the room that is Joel Embiid and his durability, and will instead move the deck chairs on this Titanic yet again instead of trading him while he still has high value.
They need to just sit him down until February. The regular season is a joke.

Every single year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m so sick and tired of casual ass Sixers fans. Embiid goes down and they check out and don’t even pay attention for months. They didn’t watch the team that was playing .380 ball without Embiid. They may have checked the score the next day but they didn’t watch. Trade Embiid…bwahahaha! This team is dog shit without Embiid.
It's some dumbshit from the casuals.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You always lose when you deal the best player in the trade. The sound move is to build around Embiid and Maxey.
Yep, and put enough quality players in place so Embiid can take a few minutes off and not have everything go to shit.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its Embiid’s fault that the Sixers overpaid Tobias Harris and he’s wholly inconsistent.

It’s Embiid’s fault that Harden quit on the team.

It’s Embiid’s fault that as soon as Buddy Hield came to the Sixers he forgot how to shoot.

It’s Embiid’s fault that Melton was a starter and is now barely able to play 10 minutes per game because of a back condition.

It’s Embiid’s fault that this was a rebuilding year and a chance to reset their cap in their rebuild when the Harden situation dropped.

All of these things are the fault of the player averaging 37.7 PPG when he’s 75% 12 weeks off of major surgery.

The last three GMs have all made spectacular mistakes. The process basically failed and we are now at the end of the failed "process" where we try to win with the assets we got. But we won't because the only assets we got out of the whole thing were Embiid and Maxey, the latter of which was a lucky later first they actually hit on after missing on most of the lottery picks.

The same people saying you can't trade Embiid because you can't get fair value were the same ones saying you couldn't trade Simmons. At some point you have to admit that this whole nucleus failed to come together and it is not ever going to work. They blew Embiid's window and need to trade him now because he is very, very likely to start breaking down even more soon, if the history of big men is any guide.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last three GMs have all made spectacular mistakes. The process basically failed and we are now at the end of the failed "process" where we try to win with the assets we got. But we won't because the only assets we got out of the whole thing were Embiid and Maxey, the latter of which was a lucky later first they actually hit on after missing on most of the lottery picks.

The same people saying you can't trade Embiid because you can't get fair value were the same ones saying you couldn't trade Simmons. At some point you have to admit that this whole nucleus failed to come together and it is not ever going to work. They blew Embiid's window and need to trade him now because he is very, very likely to start breaking down even more soon, if the history of big men is any guide.
Then it’s an easy choice for you. Just go back to ignoring the team and then getting engaged during playoffs again. For guys like me who watch 70-75 games a year, how about you don’t lobby for me to sit through another 4-6 years of garbage basketball?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then it’s an easy choice for you. Just go back to ignoring the team and then getting engaged during playoffs again. For guys like me who watch 70-75 games a year, how about you don’t lobby for me to sit through another 4-6 years of garbage basketball?

Okay, but isn't 4-6 years of "garbage basketball" where they are looking to rebuild, better than another 4ish years of 1st and 2nd round exits trying to rearrange the deck chairs around Embiid and trying to manage his health hoping to finally have him healthy for the playoffs?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, but isn't 4-6 years of "garbage basketball" where they are looking to rebuild, better than another 4ish years of 1st and 2nd round exits trying to rearrange the deck chairs around Embiid and trying to manage his health hoping to finally have him healthy for the playoffs?
Nope. They’re pot committed at this point in time.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now we hear the truth coming out!

We can't trade Embiid because some fans want to watch slightly above average regular season basketball with a superstar padding his stats and celebrating meaningless individual statistical accomplishments like his streak of 30+ ppg games, knowing they will lose in the postseason, rather than trying to build an actual winning team. Loser mentality.

For the record I had League Pass and watched most Sixers games this season. I too enjoy watching basketball during the regular season as a way to make the work weeknights less dull. But it feels pretty hollow when you know the team isn't going anywhere because the superstar is brittle and the team is soft and not built for real combat.

I thought Nick Nurse was an upgrade at coach overall, but Morey is failing as a GM. He needs to be fired. His attempts to add pieces around Embiid totally failed and showed that he is not very good at evaluating talent. His evaluation seems to consist of looking at players' 3-point shooting percentages and trying to find relative shooting bargains.

This is how you get Buddy Hield. And this is why the team always struggles without Embiid--because it is completely built around Embiid and finding players to play off of him rather than being offensive options in their own right. It seems free agents don't want to play for Philly because of Embiid's ball hogging ways. It's the same old story but I guess some fans want to keep watching it despite the painful endings.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I frankly don't care about fans like you who are happy to be losers, and I hope the franchise doesn't think like you.

But sadly I am pretty sure they do, and will be satisfied making the playoffs with Embiid and losing in the early rounds for a few more years until injuries force his retirement.

The Sixers have not won a title since 1983. A once-proud franchise has sunk to Cowboys levels of hopelessness and dysfunction. Play-in tournaments and first round playoff exits are not cutting it!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can't trade Embiid because some fans want to watch slightly above average regular season basketball with a superstar padding his stats and celebrating meaningless individual statistical accomplishments like his streak of 30+ ppg games, knowing they will lose in the postseason, rather than trying to build an actual winning team. Loser mentality.
You’re a fucking walking talking lemming just vomiting narratives. Embiid and Maxey are the only assets the team has. They finally are on the precipice of shedding bad salary and clearing their cap and now you want to trade Embiid because that’s what you heard other people say. You’re fucking clueless.
For the record I had League Pass and watched most Sixers games this season. I too enjoy watching basketball during the regular season as a way to make the work weeknights less dull. But it feels pretty hollow when you know the team isn't going anywhere because the superstar is brittle and the team is soft and not built for real combat.
You’re a liar. It’s easy to make shit up on the Internet.
I thought Nick Nurse was an upgrade at coach overall, but Morey is failing as a GM. He needs to be fired. His attempts to add pieces around Embiid totally failed and showed that he is not very good at evaluating talent. His evaluation seems to consist of looking at players' 3-point shooting percentages and trying to find relative shooting bargains.
You don’t know what you’re talking about.
This is how you get Buddy Hield. And this is why the team always struggles without Embiid--because it is completely built around Embiid and finding players to play off of him rather than being offensive options in their own right. It seems free agents don't want to play for Philly because of Embiid's ball hogging ways. It's the same old story but I guess some fans want to keep watching it despite the painful endings.
Buddy Hield is Buddy Hield’s fault. Where is your criticism of adding Buddy Hield when they actually added Buddy Hield? You’re a fraud.

You aren’t a fan at all. The Sixers have never been able to sign Free Agents. Embiid has nothing to do with that.

And let’s be honest: you have no right to cry about “painful endings.” You really don’t give enough of a fuck for you to have any kind of sports pain.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I frankly don't care about fans like you who are happy to be losers, and I hope the franchise doesn't think like you.

But sadly I am pretty sure they do, and will be satisfied making the playoffs with Embiid and losing in the early rounds for a few more years until injuries force his retirement.

The Sixers have not won a title since 1983. A once-proud franchise has sunk to Cowboys levels of hopelessness and dysfunction. Play-in tournaments and first round playoff exits are not cutting it!
I would love to win a title. You dont win a title by trading your best player. You don’t ever win a deal when you’re dealing the best player. Everybody wants to win a title. It’s just that you’re retarded and your ideas are fucking stupid.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll jump in here, the GM that willingly trades a guy like Embiid is a dead man walking.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,331.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's basically admitted he is a loser who wants to watch Embiid get 30 points a game against the Charlotte Hornets in the regular season because that makes him happy on a school night.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They and the Lakers are in similar spots, imo.

The Lakers got the title in 2020 but injuries messed up the next 2 seasons. Last year, with a healthy Lebron and AD they managed a run to the WCF only to get swept. Now, after having Lebron and AD all season and in the playoffs, unless they have a miracle up their sleeve, they're going to get gentleman swept by the same team.

Unless they can somehow add some pieces to give themselves a real chance against the Nugs (and the up and coming Thunder and Wolves), I wouldn't be heartbroken if they moved AD for whatever they can get, didn't bring Lebron back and used those assets and cap space to start a rebuild.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll jump in here, the GM that willingly trades a guy like Embiid is a dead man walking.
And why is the guy who has been a top 3 player in the league for the last 4-5 years the person that’s getting shipped out?!?!?

If this dude watched the Sixers this year, he would know that Maxey is NOT ready to be the alpha yet, that his game is very dependent upon the gravity that Embiid draws. Imagine watching this team for a lengthy stretch this year without Embiid and think that trading Embiid is the answer?!?!?!? It’s one of the dumbest fucking things I’m going to read today.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's probably true--trading Embiid would almost certainly take years to show dividends even in a best-case scenario where you got a lot of assets in return.

So it means the Sixers will play out the Embiid string these next few years. He will get some nice stats and then get hurt again, and eventually break down and retire.

The only question is whether that is a year, 3 years or 5 years from now.