• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st round 2) Knicks vs 7) Sixers

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's basically admitted he is a loser who wants to watch Embiid get 30 points a game against the Charlotte Hornets in the regular season because that makes him happy on a school night.
No, you keep Embiid and only play him the second half of the season. It's only about the playoffs. He may still have injury trouble because he's huge and fast, but it will be easier to manage.

You are correct about them failing to put any kind of scorers around Embiid. They lucked into Maxey, no credit there. Morey is a dumb fuck. I hear ya.

Tobias has really been a bum. He's gotten away with turning it on in the playoffs the last few years, but he doesn't give a shit this year and is proving what a bum he is.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's basically admitted he is a loser who wants to watch Embiid get 30 points a game against the Charlotte Hornets in the regular season because that makes him happy on a school night.
This is what you do on the Politics board as well. When you get your ass shown to you because you’re mediocre and can’t debate a point you always snap out and get angry.

No need to get angry. Some of us are just basic bitches in life who can only provide hot takes like Stephen A Smith and Perk and Colin Cowherd.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this dude watched the Sixers this year, he would know that Maxey is NOT ready to be the alpha yet, that his game is very dependent upon the gravity that Embiid draws. Imagine watching this team for a lengthy stretch this year without Embiid and think that trading Embiid is the answer?!?!?!? It’s one of the dumbest fucking things I’m going to read today.
It really is.

But you are going to hear a bunch of it all offseason and beyond.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it.

My damn fan base is fucking retarded.

This summer I’m exploring free agency. All of you will have a chance to make an argument as to why I should pick up on rooting for your team. I’m sick and tired of associating with these stupid fucks.

“Trade the best player!”
“Don’t trade the best player. Just don’t play him for like 45-50 games.”

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leslie Nielsen Good Luck GIF by filmeditor

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what you do on the Politics board as well. When you get your ass shown to you because you’re mediocre and can’t debate a point you always snap out and get angry.

No need to get angry. Some of us are just basic bitches in life who can only provide hot takes like Stephen A Smith and Perk and Colin Cowherd.
I'm not angry. I'm just being honest about my team and the loser mentality of some of its fans. You mad bro?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why is the guy who has been a top 3 player in the league for the last 4-5 years the person that’s getting shipped out?!?!?

Because he's never played more than 68 games in a season and has been healthy for what? 1 playoff run?

Embiid is arguably the best player in the game when healthy...he's just never healthy.

Bigs with health issues don't tend to get more healthy as the years go by.

It's why I wouldn't be heartbroken if the Lakers decided to trade AD after the season since he managed to play 76 games this year and is healthy for the playoffs. They should be able to get a good haul for him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not angry. I'm just being honest about my team and the loser mentality of some of its fans. You mad bro?
Loser mentality is trading your best player when you’ve had 9 weeks of play to assess what that looks like. 14-28. That’s what you want to sign us up for.

You want to sign up for a rebuild with OKC’s youth on the horizon, with Wemby just getting started. You’re a fool.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he's never played more than 68 games in a season and has been healthy for what? 1 playoff run?

Embiid is arguably the best player in the game when healthy...he's just never healthy.
Bigs with health issues don't tend to get more healthy as the years go by.

It's why I wouldn't be heartbroken if the Lakers decided to trade AD after the season since he managed to play 76 games this year and is healthy for the playoffs. They should be able to get a good haul for him.
This is waiving a white flag and signing up to not compete for another 4-6 years. It’s completely wasting Maxey. Why would Maxey resign here if the plan is trade Embiid?!?!?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loser mentality is trading your best player when you’ve had 9 weeks of play to assess what that looks like. 14-28. That’s what you want to sign us up for.

You want to sign up for a rebuild with OKC’s youth on the horizon, with Wemby just getting started. You’re a fool.
I just want options.

What can I get for Embiid vs what kind of a supporting cast can I build around Embiid and Maxey with Tobias gone and having a max slot to play with.

Both of those scenarios can involve championship aspirations.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it.

My damn fan base is fucking retarded.

This summer I’m exploring free agency. All of you will have a chance to make an argument as to why I should pick up on rooting for your team. I’m sick and tired of associating with these stupid fucks.

“Trade the best player!”
“Don’t trade the best player. Just don’t play him for like 45-50 games.”
I don't give a shit about the worthless regular season. He's been hurt every single playoffs for the last 3 years. He can't play 100+ games.

He can't even play 70 games at a high enough level for this team. I'll take 50% of Embiid in February and 80% in March for 100% in April, May and June. June! Do you even give a shit about June basketball?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Embiid for Brunson, Robinson, Hart and Divinci.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a very important sense, this debate about whether to trade Embiid might be irrelevant, because I suspect he is about to demand a trade after this season. I think he is running out of patience with the organization. Get ready for some superstar drama.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What can I get for Embiid vs what kind of a supporting cast can I build around Embiid and Maxey with Tobias gone and having a max slot to play with.

Exactly...look at all options. Pick the one you think that you have the best chance with.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to be the only person who doesn't think this series is over. But in my defense, as a Knick fan I tend to expect the worse and am rarely wrong. The team being actually competent takes a bit of getting used to.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to be the only person who doesn't think this series is over. But in my defense, as a Knick fan I tend to expect the worse and am rarely wrong. The team being actually competent takes a bit of getting used to.
Well don’t give up, there is still time for history to correct itself!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid for Brunson, Robinson, Hart and Divinci.
If a team is making a play for Embiid they’re not trading the top of their roster. You’ll get Julius Randle and you’ll get salary filler alonb with picks. Now we have a less talented playoff dropper in Randle.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well don’t give up, there is still time for history to correct itself!
When it comes to my teams I'm never confident. The Rangers just swept the Capitals and I still think they'll find a way to blow the series.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid starts.
Sixers open up a lead.
Embiid sits.
Lead dwindles.

If the Sixers do not find a way to get Embiid at least 4-5 minutes of rest each half, then it is over.