• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st round 2) Knicks vs 7) Sixers

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers are going to have an interesting offseason after they lose to the Knicks in the first round. I suspect they will continue to ignore the elephant in the room that is Joel Embiid and his durability, and will instead move the deck chairs on this Titanic yet again instead of trading him while he still has high value.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers are going to have an interesting offseason after they lose to the Knicks in the first round. I suspect they will continue to ignore the elephant in the room that is Joel Embiid and his durability, and will instead move the deck chairs on this Titanic yet again instead of trading him while he still has high value.

Hard to pull that trigger. Would take huge balls.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but now is the time. Actually last offseason was the time, but they need to do it before he completely breaks down physically which will probably happen in the next couple of seasons.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but now is the time. Actually last offseason was the time, but they need to do it before he completely breaks down physically which will probably happen in the next couple of seasons.

Yea I'd be very surprised if he's playing at this level in 5 years.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You always lose when you deal the best player in the trade. The sound move is to build around Embiid and Maxey.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You always lose when you deal the best player in the trade. The sound move is to build around Embiid and Maxey.

Easy to say now but I'd have dealt those picks this year and pushed the chips in

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this is knee jerk shit. The Sixers are dead for the next 5-6 years and they waste Maxey if they deal Embiid.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to say now but I'd have dealt those picks this year and pushed the chips in
For who? There wasn’t much available. The Nets and Bulls were delusional and didn’t deal much of anything.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For who? There wasn’t much available. The Nets and Bulls were delusional and didn’t deal much of anything.

I don't know man lol.

End of day players also have to execute. But it doesn't help Embiid is never 100 percent come April and May.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes as a Pistons fan I'd love to have this "problem"

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on who is available in FA and what you can get in a trade.
If dealing Embiid nets you expiring contracts and the chance to get two premier FA to go along with Maxey in 2026, I think about it.

I'd have to check to see who's available, but I was under the impression 2026 is better than 2025.
Isn't it just Paul George in 2025?

I don't know.

It's too early to have this conversation.
But, I am thinking about it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on who is available in FA and what you can get in a trade.
If dealing Embiid nets you expiring contracts and the chance to get two premier FA to go along with Maxey in 2026, I think about it.

I'd have to check to see who's available, but I was under the impression 2026 is better than 2025.
Isn't it just Paul George in 2025?

I don't know.

It's too early to have this conversation.
But, I am thinking about it.
Free agents don’t sign with the Sixers. I love Maxey but FAs aren’t lining up to play with Maxey.

Whether people like it or not - you take the 2-3% of winning a title with Embiid over the 0% chance of winning a title trading him away.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoff story for the Sixers doesn’t change. The opponent is the tougher team who digs deep and finds a way. The Sixers pucker in the clutch.

Yesterday was on Nick Nurse:
- Rebounding issues from Game 1 are back. Unacceptable that we are now in Game 4 and he doesn’t have an answer. Nurse was supposed to be a plus coach for adjustments.
- Embiid is not like most super stars. You can’t play him for a whole half the way you can play other players. He is still getting back his game level cardio because of his time away. Even with that cardio Embiid can’t play a whole half. He’s never been that guy and he never will. I get you don’t want to deal with Embiid off minutes but it’s just a way of life. It’s much better to go -8 in 4 minutes than for you to have a useless Embiid sucking wind dragging his ass up and down the court for 12 fourth quarter minutes.
- This series people will pick on the Sixers “others” not stepping up and that’s fair but Nurse has to get those guys off with actions he calls. Maxey is a great player that made another huge leap but at 23 years old, he doesn’t know yet how to sense when he needs to run action on the floor to get guys shots. That’s why Nurse has to call that stuff.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t count on Embiid. He’s not a playoff player he’s a regular season stat padder. The record could not be clearer.

The Sixers fans calling it “knee jerk” to trade Embiid have been calling it knee jerk for 5 years now they watch the team choke over and over in the opening rounds.

I don’t think they will ever trade Embiid because of the money he brings the franchise as a superstar ticket draw. But it is crystal clear this man will end his career ring less.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[Stupid statmuse pictures]
Not reposting your heinous statmuse cartoon bullshit

The rebounding has been embarrassing and the Sixers deserve to lose. Tobias is a pussy ass bitch and he's gonna hear it from me next time I see him in the local parking lot.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t count on Embiid. He’s not a playoff player he’s a regular season stat padder. The record could not be clearer.
So what are you getting in a trade?

Embiid is averaging 37.7 points, 5.7 assists, and 8.9 rebounds in a series he’s playing at 75%.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoff story for the Sixers doesn’t change. The opponent is the tougher team who digs deep and finds a way. The Sixers pucker in the clutch.

Yesterday was on Nick Nurse:
- Rebounding issues from Game 1 are back. Unacceptable that we are now in Game 4 and he doesn’t have an answer. Nurse was supposed to be a plus coach for adjustments.
- Embiid is not like most super stars. You can’t play him for a whole half the way you can play other players. He is still getting back his game level cardio because of his time away. Even with that cardio Embiid can’t play a whole half. He’s never been that guy and he never will. I get you don’t want to deal with Embiid off minutes but it’s just a way of life. It’s much better to go -8 in 4 minutes than for you to have a useless Embiid sucking wind dragging his ass up and down the court for 12 fourth quarter minutes.
- This series people will pick on the Sixers “others” not stepping up and that’s fair but Nurse has to get those guys off with actions he calls. Maxey is a great player that made another huge leap but at 23 years old, he doesn’t know yet how to sense when he needs to run action on the floor to get guys shots. That’s why Nurse has to call that stuff.
Yeah, if Paul Reed is struggling, give Bamba a shot because he's probably the better defender, which is kind of what they needed.

Why isn't Maxey doing what Brunson does in getting a pick at the top of the key, driving, then either kick out for an open shot or take the mid range jumper? 0 shots made in the last 7 minutes is unacceptable.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Sixers fans calling it “knee jerk” to trade Embiid have been calling it knee jerk for 5 years now they watch the team choke over and over in the opening rounds.

I don’t think they will ever trade Embiid because of the money he brings the franchise as a superstar ticket draw. But it is crystal clear this man will end his career ring less.
Its Embiid’s fault that the Sixers overpaid Tobias Harris and he’s wholly inconsistent.

It’s Embiid’s fault that Harden quit on the team.

It’s Embiid’s fault that as soon as Buddy Hield came to the Sixers he forgot how to shoot.

It’s Embiid’s fault that Melton was a starter and is now barely able to play 10 minutes per game because of a back condition.

It’s Embiid’s fault that this was a rebuilding year and a chance to reset their cap in their rebuild when the Harden situation dropped.

All of these things are the fault of the player averaging 37.7 PPG when he’s 75% 12 weeks off of major surgery.