• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st and goal from 7

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep is the qb and forces the ball 4 straight times! He had channces to tuck and run to pick up yards, clock wasn't a factor. 4th down and the pass blocks breaks down! Fuck! Experience QB? Would have made the mistake? Fuck!

I know we're frustrated, but I wouldn't take it out on Kaep. An inexperienced QB is supposed to fold down 22, and he didn't. He was helped by a fumble and a good punt return, but he was not the person to put this on. We can't pick and choose when he's in based upon experience, that he'll gain for next year. He did well and everyone could have done better.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad Ray, didn't see this thread.

But you're right, Gore runs for 33 yards and doesn't touch the ball in the final moments of the game. Makes me wonder if Kaep was overthinking it with leaving too much time on the clock.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone blames this on Kap you are crazy. Dont think we would be here without him. The offense scored 31 points. Should be plenty to win.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone blames this on Kap you are crazy. Dont think we would be here without him. The offense scored 31 points. Should be plenty to win.

Who's blaming Kaep? He played a whale of a game and what have been MVP had we won.

My issue is wondering whether he was overthinking the final plays of the game or perhaps harbs/Roman were overthinking, but it's more the latter since the playcalling was horrible this game.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's blaming Kaep? He played a whale of a game and what have been MVP had we won.

My issue is wondering whether he was overthinking the final plays of the game or perhaps harbs/Roman were overthinking, but it's more the latter since the playcalling was horrible this game.

Not you. I think bdazz seemed frustrated like we all are. I don't want to put words in his mouth, so I won't say he blamed Kaep. I just meant that I wouldn't. Some might feel that I would, but I'm not that biased, even as the Resident Alex Smith and Niners fan.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can blame Kap for anything. He made a couple of mistakes, but no more than our special teams or secondary did.

However...

Kaepernick: 'I made too many mistakes' | CSN Bay Area

Kaepernick said the final pass -- a fade to Crabtree -- was not the play call he delivered in the huddle. He said he changed the play at the line of scrimmage when he anticipated a blitz.

"That wasn't the original option," Kaepernick said. "It's something I audibled to at the line based on the look they gave us. . . It was cover-zero. I was just trying to give him (Crabtree) a chance."

"I mean, it felt like there was a lot of contact," Crabtree said. "I don't even want to say this, but if the ball had been a little lower, giving me a chance to make a play, I'm sure they would've called it (the penalty)."

I don't like that call to the audible, I don't think it was the right decision. But Crabtree said it best if the throw was a little closer - they might have called PI. He might have even caught it. We got beat and that sucks, but in the end, i think you can say it just came down to execution.

Last edited by a moderator:

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope that was James. Got 2 yards.

Yeah I just went back to check and saw that. Still I have nothing wrong with the play calling. Crabtree was mugged on 2nd and 4th down, and got hit helmet to helmet on 3rd down. Not a lot can be done if the rules aren't going to be enforced. At least not enforced both ways...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was watching first take during my lunch and apparently there was TWO fouls on that 4th down.... I only knew and saw the Crabtree one but for those with DVR powers or youtube abilities, check out the other side of the formation and see what happens to Delanie Walker...

damn... we were hosed! I'm even more mad now...like mad-errrr

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yeah I just went back to check and saw that. Still I have nothing wrong with the play calling. Crabtree was mugged on 2nd and 4th down, and got hit helmet to helmet on 3rd down. Not a lot can be done if the rules aren't going to be enforced. At least not enforced both ways...

I think it was the 3rd down when he went for the inside slant (not sure who the WR was), Ed Reed blitzed but was off sides

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. The blame goes to the special teams coverage team that gave up the TD, Whitner and Culliver, and LaMichael James's fumble. The 49ers probably get blown out without Kaep.

I wasn't happy with the refs, but the 49ers still had their chances.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread time infinity. The non calls and, to a slightly lesser extent, our self inflicted wounds were out of our hands, but those were really the plays we WANTED to run? Very disappointing decisions there, imo.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that play looked very good, but i didn't think he got the play off before the flag/TO

He didn't get if off, but the play call and play looked like it may have worked. Kruger was flying around the end, but may have over-pursued. Looked the oline was blowing up the Ravens (even one Raven's helmet comes off). We'll never know, but that was a better idea than throwing a 3 yard out to Crabs.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Exactly. The blame goes to the special teams coverage team that gave up the TD, Whitner and Culliver, and LaMichael James's fumble. The 49ers probably get blown out without Kaep.

I wasn't happy with the refs, but the 49ers still had their chances.

Yup, in final analysis, we gave up too many big plays and did not make them ourselves when needed.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't get if off, but the play call and play looked like it may have worked. Kruger was flying around the end, but may have over-pursued. Looked the oline was blowing up the Ravens (even one Raven's helmet comes off). We'll never know, but that was a better idea than throwing a 3 yard out to Crabs.

that play to Crabs was ridiculous... I do not understand the logic behind that one......

I was secretly hoping for the Alex Smith TD run vs the Saints last year... maybe the Ravens would've picked it up, maybe not... but i really wanted to it again.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can blame Kap for anything. He made a couple of mistakes, but no more than our special teams or secondary did.

However...

Kaepernick: 'I made too many mistakes' | CSN Bay Area

Kaepernick said the final pass -- a fade to Crabtree -- was not the play call he delivered in the huddle. He said he changed the play at the line of scrimmage when he anticipated a blitz.

"That wasn't the original option," Kaepernick said. "It's something I audibled to at the line based on the look they gave us. . . It was cover-zero. I was just trying to give him (Crabtree) a chance."

"I mean, it felt like there was a lot of contact," Crabtree said. "I don't even want to say this, but if the ball had been a little lower, giving me a chance to make a play, I'm sure they would've called it (the penalty)."

I don't like that call to the audible, I don't think it was the right decision. But Crabtree said it best if the throw was a little closer - they might have called PI. He might have even caught it. We got beat and that sucks, but in the end, i think you can say it just came down to execution.

Yeah, we can't blame Kaep. Everyone could've made more plays, but for the most part, he was pretty good last night. We wouldn't be there without him, IMO. His QB play almost won us the Super Bowl despite the Niners giving up almost 30 points per game in these playoffs.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible play calling. No gore wtf? Bad pass decisions from kap.

Ugh we lost

But we should if never been down this bad to begin with. Why do we start so slow? It's the biggest game of the year!

That return pissed me off too. Who would of thought our D was our weakness go figure

Last edited by a moderator: