• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1980's San Francisco 49ers

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
so far Baalke has shown some talent evaluation, can't say he IS in fact good, but so far its ok. if he keeps this up we should be ok with winning for awhile.

but how we do in the play-offs and winning superbowl year over year.......still depends on the QB.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far Baalke has shown some talent evaluation, can't say he IS in fact good, but so far its ok. if he keeps this up we should be ok with winning for awhile.

but how we do in the play-offs and winning superbowl year over year.......still depends on the QB.

Baalke didn't win Executive of the Year because he is just "ok", Deep - C'mon man that is just silly. He has thus far demonstrated a very high caliber as a GM - and hopefully his overall #1 scouted talent & signing will keep him there for years to come.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baalke didn't win Executive of the Year because he is just "ok", Deep - C'mon man that is just silly. He has thus far demonstrated a very high caliber as a GM - and hopefully his overall #1 scouted talent & signing will keep him there for years to come.

my thought is based on long term.....as in team of the '80's....ie team of the decade per original post.

whereas Executive of the Year means exactly that......'year'.

so while i like what Baalke has done to date, it hasn't been a 'decade' by any stretch.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my thought is based on long term.....as in team of the '80's....ie team of the decade per original post.

whereas Executive of the Year means exactly that......'year'.

so while i like what Baalke has done to date, it hasn't been a 'decade' by any stretch.

You need to review your own comment then, because my response addressed the time frame YOU proposed for Baalke not the OP.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You need to review your own comment then, because my response addressed the time frame YOU proposed for Baalke not the OP.

what time frame?

believe it was 'so far' meaning in starting off his "decade".

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

his best signing was harbaugh. i think he's above average, but a bit too early to give him too much high praise at this point.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Executive of the Year doens't make any sense anyways.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
~

what time frame?

believe it was 'so far' meaning in starting off his "decade".

Deep a decade is 10 years. Undefined, the phrase "so far" means from an appropriate contextual beginning to the current point in time; which in this case has not been 10 years.

Thus, "SO FAR" Baalke has won EOY and has demonstrated a very high caliber as a GM as far as his scouting and decision making has reflected.

Whether he continues along this line or even improves upon this performance is yet to be known, but to say your "...thought is based on long term", suggests you can predict the future - Which is cool if you can, but I would question such a claim.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Baalkes drafts have all been subpar. He can't be a good executive with subpar drafts.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalkes drafts have all been subpar. He can't be a good executive with subpar drafts.

WTF:eek:!! There has to be a joke in there somewhere - :spy:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Poor Deep9er, he's never going to live that down. Now, people should quote him as saying that Baalke's an 'ok' GM. ;)

(Sarcasm alert) But Deep is right, Baalke has only completed a few years in GM and the like work, a poor percentage out of ten years, which can't be any better than 'ok'. I anticipate that percentage going up every year, until eventually being a full decade. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Deep9er, he's never going to live that down. Now, people should quote him as saying that Baalke's an 'ok' GM. ;)

(Sarcasm alert) But Deep is right, Baalke has only completed a few years in GM and the like work, a poor percentage out of ten years, which can't be any better than 'ok'. I anticipate that percentage going up every year, until eventually being a full decade. ;)

Huh?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Deep said on the old board that Baalke and McCloughan never had a draft with us that was par or better. Crimson can outline it better as they went back and forth for a long while about it.

That included the 2007 draft that netted us Patrick Willis, Joe Staley, Ray MacDonald, Dashon Goldson and Tarrel Brown.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep said on the old board that Baalke and McCloughan never had a draft with us that was par or better. Crimson can outline it better as they went back and forth for a long while about it.

That included the 2007 draft that netted us Patrick Willis, Joe Staley, Ray MacDonald, Dashon Goldson and Tarrel Brown.

Wow, okay, now I understand. Crazy, just crazy.